IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Please list prices that you paid

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-05 | 09:11 AM
Maximus350
Pole Position

Default Please list prices that you paid

Since the IS is officially on sale today, I figured we could start a thread on prices. Please list all prices paid on the car with applicable discounts or free goodies thrown in. I have a feeling that we will be able to see discounts sooner than everyone thinks (just a hunch).
Old 10-14-05 | 09:15 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Maximus330
Since the IS is officially on sale today, I figured we could start a thread on prices. Please list all prices paid on the car with applicable discounts or free goodies thrown in. I have a feeling that we will be able to see discounts sooner than everyone thinks (just a hunch).
Someone may say, "Hey I got my IS350 $43K out the door." What people forget to tell everyone is how much tax and license fees they paid, how they paid for the car or how much they put down as a down payment or if they had a trade in. I highly doubt you will see any discounts on this car in the immediate future. Dealers aren't stupid to lose profit on something they can make money on during this time of peak demand.
Old 10-14-05 | 09:35 AM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
Someone may say, "Hey I got my IS350 $43K out the door." What people forget to tell everyone is how much tax and license fees they paid, how they paid for the car or how much they put down as a down payment or if they had a trade in. I highly doubt you will see any discounts on this car in the immediate future. Dealers aren't stupid to lose profit on something they can make money on during this time of peak demand.
bingo
yet another reason to wait a year
Old 10-14-05 | 09:43 AM
LexusIS350
Driver School Candidate

I do see what you are saying and it does make sense. On the other hand part of me think if you were to purchase an IS350 (at MSRP) with NAV & Performance Package the dealer is able to give you somewhat of a price break because of the OPTIONS you are paying at MSRP. We are not talking about a few hundred dollar options, we are talking about $2500+$3600=$6100 in OPTIONS!
Old 10-14-05 | 10:08 AM
Phillip31
Pole Position

...I highly doubt you will see any discounts on this car in the immediate future. Dealers aren't stupid to lose profit on something they can make money on during this time of peak demand.
How soon do u think they will start discounting prices?....in a few months like during christmas season?
Old 10-14-05 | 10:21 AM
VitB6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Phillip31
How soon do u think they will start discounting prices?....in a few months like during christmas season?
Honestly I think sooner rather than later. They will realize that the demand for the 250 isn't going to be anywhere near what they thought due to the HP issue. There will be a lot of 250's sitting at the dealerships and because that was 80% of the initial allocation they will want to move them. I would say in a month you should be able to negotiate.

I think if you need to order your car and wait 3 months you should be able to negotiate right now. Why pay MSRP for a car that you will get 3 months from now, when they won't be able to give them away for MSRP in 3 months?

Last edited by VitB6; 10-14-05 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-14-05 | 10:22 AM
GonzoBuggs
Driver

$42,400 - Performance Luxury Plus - NAV - Mark Levinson - Parking Assist - PPO

That price is pre-tax and license.
Old 10-14-05 | 10:23 AM
ntran18
Lexus Test Driver

There's no real schedule... They will start discounting when sales start to slow. The longer we keep the demand up, then the longer they keep asking MSRP.
Old 10-14-05 | 10:25 AM
VitB6
Pole Position

Also think about it like this. You should be able to get a 1K discount right now even for a car that is on the floor. Why would a dealer pass up selling a car at only 1K less than MSRP? Call them on the phone and tell them straight up that you will purchase the car right now if they will sell it to you at 1K less than MSRP. Also tell them (threaten I suppose) that you won't accept anything higher and if they are unwilling to agree to that then you'll find a dealer that will. Why would they pass up a guaranteed deal as the person willing to pay MSRP will still buy the car anyways, whereas they know the guy demanding 1K under MSRP will walk.
Old 10-14-05 | 10:34 AM
GonzoBuggs
Driver

Why would a dealer pass up selling a car at only 1K less than MSRP?
I think that, as long as demand exceeds supply, that dealer will smile as you walk out the door, knowing there are 15 suckers like me slobbering all over themselves to pay MSRP.
Old 10-14-05 | 10:35 AM
MR LEX
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by VitB6
Honestly I think sooner rather than later. They will realize that the demand for the 250 isn't going to be anywhere near what they thought due to the HP issue. There will be a lot of 250's sitting at the dealerships and because that was 80% of the initial allocation they will want to move them. I would say in a month you should be able to negotiate.
I seriously doubt the demand will decrease because of the lack of HP! Also, I would say the opposite in regards to negotiating, Lexus won't be dealing on this car anytime soon!

Lex
Old 10-14-05 | 10:38 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GonzoBuggs
$42,400 - Performance Luxury Plus - NAV - Mark Levinson - Parking Assist - PPO

That price is pre-tax and license.
isn't the price for that more like.. 44 or 45k? did you get a discount?
Old 10-14-05 | 10:45 AM
VitB6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GonzoBuggs
I think that, as long as demand exceeds supply, that dealer will smile as you walk out the door, knowing there are 15 suckers like me slobbering all over themselves to pay MSRP.
You forgot to read the rest of my post or decided not to quote it. But essentially yes there will be suckers that are willing drop money on the car at MSRP but you will still do that no matter what. Then there will be people like me that will demand 1K off of MSRP or I will walk. Why would they let a solid deal walk out the door over 1K when they know they will always have suckers available? In other words, a sucker isn't going to walk and the dealership will get their money regardless. But someone like me will have no problem walking. Why not take my money for doing pretty much nothing, especially if they have to order it? They lose nothing and gain everything save for 1K. From a business standpoint it doesn't make sense not to do it this way for the dealer. The problem is that people expect to pay MSRP and are okay with it and don't push. Try pushing it will work.
Old 10-14-05 | 11:00 AM
GonzoBuggs
Driver

isn't the price for that more like.. 44 or 45k? did you get a discount?
No discount, that's MSRP. It was originally $45,200 with PCS. I'm not sure I wan't PCS as I hear it can activate when you don't want it to (seatbelt clicking) so I had him take it off.

You forgot to read the rest of my post or decided not to quote it.
I just quoted the part I wanted to comment on, but I did read it all.

I agree with you in theory, but here is the deal. These dealers have a limited stock, and a lot of customers who want them. Let's say they make $8,000 on an MSRP deal. Why would they sell you a vehicle for a $7,000 profit when they can easily get $8,000 from someone else?

Now, if they had unlimited stock, or the ability to quickly re-supply, OK, they would be dumb not to take it, but then they would also be dumb to have that much inventory.

One exception. It appears that the majority of allocations are Premium Plus models. I believe most people will want options. These guys might find themselves with a glut of PP models that no one wants and be willing to make a deal.

Somehow I doubt that is the case since, even thought I'm a sucker who paid MSRP for a special order, most suckers will roll into a dealer and want a car now, even if they have to make significant option concessions.
Old 10-14-05 | 11:00 AM
ntran18
Lexus Test Driver

But why give up $1000 when the next buyer/sucker is a day or 2 away, but the next shipment of cars is a few weeks away.

Quick Reply: Please list prices that you paid