Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i want a IS yall, im jealous!!!!!

but congrats to all that got one, im happy for you
Old 10-16-05, 06:43 AM
lexus_x_2
Rookie

My wife and I completed the financial part yesterday, but I'm waiting for my new IS350 to arrive via train from Portland, OR.

We will be picking it on Saturday, Oct 29, 2005

Tungsten Pearl, Black Interior
Luxury Package w/18-in wheels, Nav+Mark Levinson, Park Assist

I paid MSRP $44,929.00 + tax, title and license.

I was going to lease the vehicle, but ended up financing it.

I'm 39 years old and my wife and I have purchased many cars over the years, but this is the first car I bought that was not even at the dealership yet and the first car I paid MSRP.

After driving it at the Taste of Lexus, I feel it's definitely worth it!
Old 10-16-05, 07:36 AM
isdsms
Driver

Talking

Originally Posted by lexus_x_2
My wife and I completed the financial part yesterday, but I'm waiting for my new IS350 to arrive via train from Portland, OR.

We will be picking it on Saturday, Oct 29, 2005

Tungsten Pearl, Black Interior
Luxury Package w/18-in wheels, Nav+Mark Levinson, Park Assist

I paid MSRP $44,929.00 + tax, title and license.

I was going to lease the vehicle, but ended up financing it.

I'm 39 years old and my wife and I have purchased many cars over the years, but this is the first car I bought that was not even at the dealership yet and the first car I paid MSRP.

After driving it at the Taste of Lexus, I feel it's definitely worth it!
I am sure you will love it. Congratulations!
Old 10-16-05, 09:57 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats, saw you upload pics to the gallery...looks GREAT!

where in NJ are u??
Old 10-16-05, 10:26 AM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats on your purchase!

How's your V551 work with the Bluetooth?
Old 10-16-05, 10:29 AM
isdsms
Driver

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
congrats, saw you upload pics to the gallery...looks GREAT!

where in NJ are u??

Thanks, the car really is incredible! I'm from the South Jersey area, a little bit east of Cherry Hill, and 45 mins out of Phily.

Be on the lookout for more pics later today. I'm taking a bunch more in the light.
Old 10-16-05, 10:33 AM
Karlos72
Driver School Candidate

Congrats on your 350.

I was waiting on the 250AWD but found it did not quite have the pep I was looking for when I test drove it last Wedesday. Test drove the 350 yesterday and have been thinking about it ever since. So it looks like I will be joining the club soon!

My only concern is driving RWD in winter here in Central IL. Am hoping that a nice set of Blizzaks and the VDIM will see me through. What are you planning for Winter driving?
Old 10-16-05, 04:44 PM
isdsms
Driver

NEW PICS!!! I just added about 30 more daytime shots in. The more I examine the car, the more I love it. For those of you who haven't seen it in person yet, it looks much better in person than in the pics. Not that the pics are bad or anything...

Check em out. https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...0/ppuser/37508

And on a side note, I'm going to be driving my old TL in any bad weather, so I don't think I'm going to bother with snow tires. I might go with some high performance all seasons though.

At least on the GS, VDIM is said to solve most RWD problems in the snow. I remember reading on here that someone compared the 300 AWD to the 430 with VDIM, and said that the 430 was actually better in light snow.

Last edited by isdsms; 10-16-05 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-16-05, 06:49 PM
Tha99
Driver School Candidate

I saw the new IS350 today. It looks very good. I wonder which one is bigger between the old IS and the new one. I think it should be 2-door car instead of 4-door.
Old 10-16-05, 07:41 PM
GonzoBuggs
Driver

That really is a beautiful car. Congratulations, and thanks so much for all the pictures. I ordered a performance package. I really like how your interior trim looks, but I'm sort of on the fence between that and the wood.

Have you had an opportunity to compare the Peformance package vs the Luxury package? Was the ride better on the Luxury?
Old 10-16-05, 07:46 PM
lexus_x_2
Rookie

Originally Posted by isdsms
NEW PICS!!! I just added about 30 more daytime shots in. The more I examine the car, the more I love it. For those of you who haven't seen it in person yet, it looks much better in person than in the pics. Not that the pics are bad or anything...

Check em out. https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...0/ppuser/37508

And on a side note, I'm going to be driving my old TL in any bad weather, so I don't think I'm going to bother with snow tires. I might go with some high performance all seasons though.

At least on the GS, VDIM is said to solve most RWD problems in the snow. I remember reading on here that someone compared the 300 AWD to the 430 with VDIM, and said that the 430 was actually better in light snow.

Congratulations. Great pictures!

Since we're not picking-up our IS350 up until October 29, I was wondering if you could take some pictures of the instruments at night.

Thanks!
Old 10-16-05, 07:52 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 108 Posts

I agree these are great pics, you got a nice car with Sports Pkg, like the trim and black leather is the only way to go.

Yeah some nightime shots of the interior lighting not just the instrument but also the overall lighting inside, do the door sill switches light? How is the lighting overhead is it like the GS with the lights that point in certain directions for the pass & driver also the lighting around the shifter at night would be cool to see.

Thanks, let us know what your gas mileage is when you have gone thru couple tanks too.
Old 10-16-05, 07:53 PM
isdsms
Driver

Originally Posted by GonzoBuggs
That really is a beautiful car. Congratulations, and thanks so much for all the pictures. I ordered a performance package. I really like how your interior trim looks, but I'm sort of on the fence between that and the wood.

Have you had an opportunity to compare the Peformance package vs the Luxury package? Was the ride better on the Luxury?
I never got a chance to test the Luxury package, as this was the only 350 in stock. All the other IS's were also already sold. However, in regards to the ride, I've gotten used to it already. You can definitely hear the road, and feel it on rougher ones, but it's nothing to disconcerting or irriatating.

I did however see the wood trim on a 250 which was there, and I personally liked the aluminum better, especially with the black. The wood is nice, but it seems to easily get fingerprints, and its not quite my color. Plus, it doesn't match with the console as well as the brushed aluminum does.

And my phone's bluetooth works perfectly with the navigation system. I would recommend that anyone who can afford it go with nav. It has so many extra functions built in, like bluetooth, AND climate and audio controls, AND the back-up camera, AND info about the car, in addition to the regular navigation functions. It just seems to bring everything together seamlessly.
Old 10-16-05, 07:59 PM
GonzoBuggs
Driver

Without question, the NAV is a no-brainer if you can afford it. It is so much more than navigation.

I ordered the Performance package and am worried that it might scrape on my driveway. I really hope it's not a problem.

I probably would prefer a smoother ride, but I think that's more dependent on the 18" wheels rather than 1/2" off the springs. I will have those 18" wheels rough ride or not.

Thanks very much for the feedback and those outstanding pictures. They are, by far, the best to date. I'll be looking at them every day until mine comes in!
Old 10-16-05, 08:02 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by isdsms
IS350
Sports Package
Navigation
Intuitive Parking assist
Headlamp washers
Preferred Accessory Package
Subtotal $42479
Delivery $590
Total $43069
I paid ......$42569

I was able to negotiate $500 off plus lifetime tire replacement if I have my car serviced there.
Interesting numbers. I take this is before tax, title and licensing. Out of curiosity, did you finance, lease or pay cash and did you put a down payment?

Quick Reply: My IS 350 came in today!