IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Is350 Leasing !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-05, 03:52 PM
upbull340
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cashu2
Interesting, were those payments including tax?
You know I didn't pay attention but I think it included taxes since he had it figured onhis computer program. But now I see others with different monthly rates. Interesting.
Old 10-18-05, 03:54 PM
upbull340
Pole Position

Originally Posted by newr
06 GS430 MSRP $58K.
after 3 years and 36K miles, its value is ~$31K. Now, that is a good buy. The dealer is going to add a few grands on top of it, but it's still a good price regardless.

I have a question to those who lease their cars. Do you drive the **** out of it because it's a leased car? or you treat it like it's your car eventhough you have no intention of keeping it when the lease ends.? Thanks
I lease and I take care of my car as if I owned it. I wax it by hand and don't let anyone smoke, eat or drink in the car. After I don't park next to other cars.
Old 10-18-05, 03:55 PM
upbull340
Pole Position

Originally Posted by newr
06 GS430 MSRP $58K.
after 3 years and 36K miles, its value is ~$31K. Now, that is a good buy. The dealer is going to add a few grands on top of it, but it's still a good price regardless.

I have a question to those who lease their cars. Do you drive the **** out of it because it's a leased car? or you treat it like it's your car eventhough you have no intention of keeping it when the lease ends.? Thanks
I lease and I take care of my car as if I owned it. I wax it by hand and don't let anyone smoke, eat or drink in the car. And I don't park next to other cars.
Old 10-18-05, 04:41 PM
ntran18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by upbull340
I lease and I take care of my car as if I owned it. I wax it by hand and don't let anyone smoke, eat or drink in the car. After I don't park next to other cars.
Unless you are planning to keep the car, it's very nice of you to take such good care of someone else's car.
Old 10-19-05, 11:28 PM
97Soarer
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Leasing is an excellent idea if...

1) you don't drive a lot
2) you enjoy having something new every 3-4 yrs
3) interest rates or the money factor is low and car has high residual (since you’re paying for the depreciation of the vehicle).

It is simple mathematics really. Instead of locking up all $44K into the car immediately, make you’re monthly payments and use the rest of left over money and invest it. A traditional 1-yr CD is yielding 4.25% already.

Conclusion…
Buying results in 44K depreciating immediately to around 35K once it rolls off the dealer’s lot. Lease results in you just paying you’re monthly dues and use the remaining balance and appreciate the value by investing.
Old 10-19-05, 11:47 PM
RYL
Driver School Candidate

I treat all my cars, whether it's financed, leased, or paid for, the same. Hand wash and park away from everyone else.
But would you install a clear bra on a leased vehicle?
Old 10-20-05, 05:44 AM
consult350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flyinbrian
How does this sound for a lease package on an IS350:

It has the luxury package, navigation system, mark levinson sound system, park assist and rain sensing wipers. It is the most loaded IS350 in our region which has a sticker price of 44,929.

36 month lease / 12,000 miles per year, with 1,525.00 due at start which includes your first payment, tile and plate transfer. Your monthly payment would be 697.00 which includes tax. Payments quoted are based on a credit score of 730 or higher through Lexus financial services. Please let me know your opinions on this lease package. Thank you.
Without having the money factor numbers but using the 60% residual of sticker it may be a little high based on 0 down and 12k not 15k miles. (FYI 15k is not much of a diff right now) Again you need to know the money factor as well as the residual to be accurate on the lease numbers. Then you add in the tax and delivery ect...

The edmounds link above is a good read for those want to know more on leases.
Old 10-20-05, 08:42 AM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leases !!!

The best i have heard so far is $3,000 total down and $580.00 a month......... Sounds like a great deal to me not sure where he got it from thou !!! Loaded IS350 !!!
Old 10-20-05, 08:56 AM
ivanpetrov
Driver School Candidate

my dealer said residual on the 350 is ~62% if i recall correctly.
Old 10-20-05, 10:10 AM
fz1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ntran18
Unless you are planning to keep the car, it's very nice of you to take such good care of someone else's car.
Not so. If you take great care of the car it may be worth more than the projected residual value and you can buy the car for the (lower) residual value and have instant equity! Then you can buy it and keep it if you are so inclined or buy it and trade it with a higher value.
Old 10-20-05, 10:16 AM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sounds kinda high to me

Originally Posted by flyinbrian
How does this sound for a lease package on an IS350:

It has the luxury package, navigation system, mark levinson sound system, park assist and rain sensing wipers. It is the most loaded IS350 in our region which has a sticker price of 44,929.

36 month lease / 12,000 miles per year, with 1,525.00 due at start which includes your first payment, tile and plate transfer. Your monthly payment would be 697.00 which includes tax. Payments quoted are based on a credit score of 730 or higher through Lexus financial services. Please let me know your opinions on this lease package. Thank you.
That sounds a touch high to me. I would expect to be able to get a good deal on that package in the mid 600's...I don't know much about money factors and residuals, but i would assume that the residual on a brand new car/model wouldnt be that great, maybe thats why the payment is so high. I'm hoping to get a similar deal to my RX (eventually) which was nothing down except for first month and fees, 12k miles, $531 per month. Thats for a $42k car not a $45k, but the difference shouldnt be THAT great ($170 per month!?!?). I don't want the ML on my IS so the car price should roughly be the same. Thats why i think the deal is on the high side....but what the hell do i know?!?!
Old 10-20-05, 10:22 AM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Absolutely True!

Originally Posted by fz1
Not so. If you take great care of the car it may be worth more than the projected residual value and you can buy the car for the (lower) residual value and have instant equity! Then you can buy it and keep it if you are so inclined or buy it and trade it with a higher value.
At the end of the lease, sometimes the bank or lease holder will offer you the car at an even better deal than on your contract so they wont have to hassle with taking it back - if that happens, then you end up even further ahead on the deal. They told me with my maxima some time ago that they would knock 2k off the sales price if i would buy the car - not a lexus of course, but it happens. Why would anyone want to mistreat thier car - you have to drive it for 3 years (or however long you lease) - i dont want to be making payments on a turd! It's like paying top dollar for a dirty hooker!
Old 10-20-05, 12:28 PM
markulele
Driver School Candidate

Default i read all your arguments

i read all your arguments for leasing...

you guys really know how to throw money away...

regardless of any leasing options/plans that dealer may offer,
you will not pay less than $500/month on any lease for this car.

now, $500/ month is a lot of dough, don't you think?

and what about the one who has a nice garage , and lease all his 3 lexus car, wow
at least $1500/month gone with the wind.

rich people pay cash, they do not lease.

buying a car is in itself an investment. you also pay high monthly installments, but its
your car after 3 years.
if you are not rich, you can finance it, credit union in sunnyvale, offers 4% interest rate for
new cars, only 10% downpayment.

since you finance it, you still have money left to invest somewhere else too.

so buying a car is a much better choice from the investment point of view.
Old 10-20-05, 12:46 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

suit yourself. it's your money, you do what you want with it. people here aren't trying to convince you to do otherwise, they are just stating why IN SOME INSTANCES, it makes more sense to lease.

about the rich people comment, that is just plain ridiculous! rich people don't lay down boatloads of cash on cars they don't plan on keeping when they can invest in the market or business ventures that yield far greater returns. and for the record, (1) i'm female, (2) we bought the RX b/c it made sense to, and (3) i have a CPA license and understand tax consequences of leasing vs. owning also.

btw, in California, when you buy a car, you pay sales tax on the entire purchase price. if you lease, you do not. and no, you don't get that tax back when you sell or trade it in, because unfortunately, CA is not one of those states that allows that. so if your residual is $30k, why pay $2300+ in taxes to the state that you will never get back?

so stop making blanket statements about lease vs. purchase and go buy your IS already!
Old 10-20-05, 01:20 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexuslover
so stop making blanket statements about lease vs. purchase and go buy your IS already!
I advised him to pull his head out of his A$$ before making anymore stupid comments but he would not listen and the result is = $#!T coming out his mouth.

Quick Reply: Is350 Leasing !!!