IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Is350 Leasing !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-05, 01:18 PM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Is350 Leasing !!!

Has anyone got lease prices on fully loaded 350 with ML and a spoiler ??? 36 months and 15k a year ???
Old 10-17-05, 03:19 PM
markulele
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrbig
Has anyone got lease prices on fully loaded 350 with ML and a spoiler ??? 36 months and 15k a year ???
Mr. Mrbig, do you plan to lease? Better if you buy.
Have you ever thought about all the money that you going to put , upfront, and
every month, and at the end of 3 years, you got nothing?
Imagine how much money would that be, and perhaps saved for your future
house downpayment or your family needs.
what most people think: enjoy now, pay later.
have you ever watched suze orman show?
did you know that 2/3 of US economy is fueled by US consumption?
and US personal savings rate is a negative 0.3 %.
Old 10-17-05, 03:24 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Has anyone got... fully loaded 350 with ML and a spoiler ???
I haven't seen an IS with a spoiler yet...
Old 10-17-05, 03:27 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by markulele
Mr. Mrbig, do you plan to lease? Better if you buy.
Have you ever thought about all the money that you going to put , upfront, and
every month, and at the end of 3 years, you got nothing?
Imagine how much money would that be, and perhaps saved for your future
house downpayment or your family needs.
what most people think: enjoy now, pay later.
have you ever watched suze orman show?
did you know that 2/3 of US economy is fueled by US consumption?
and US personal savings rate is a negative 0.3 %.
Leasing is not for everyone. However leasing is better than buying for some people. The same goes for buying. Please pull your head out of your *** before you make anymore stupid comments!!!!
Old 10-17-05, 03:34 PM
topgun04
Driver

Default Leasing is bad?? Not really, check you fact...

Markulele, I think you need to learn more about lease before discarding it as wasteful... Emunds has an excellent forum on leasing (just search the word "lease") hosted by Car_man. My wife always lease here car, she used it for business purpose and normally can write off 70-80% of the lease payment depending on the usage mix. She had 6 lexus so far (91 LS400, 94 LS400, 98 GS400, 01 RX300, 02 SC430, and 02 LS430) and lease everyone of them. Since she pay self employment tax also, she is in the over 50% tax bracket (state/fed/self employment tax). Please tell me why shouldn't she lease.
Old 10-17-05, 03:42 PM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wrong about leasing -TOTALLY

When it comes to leasing a car with a high residual value, leasing is a GREAT alternative. I've leased 6 cars now with 2 being lexus. With the high residual, you can get a lot more car for far less per month - because at the end of the lease, the bank still has a car thats worth something and you dont have something that you have to sell. No warrantees to wear out and pay for costly old car repairs. Leasing is great for people that can write it off as stated earlier. Some people dont like to drive cars for more than 3-5 years - or 1-2 years for some! A car isnt like a house....a house is an investment, a car is, well, just a car.
Old 10-17-05, 03:57 PM
Memoryfab
Rookie

Leasing is great for a car you don't plan to keep.
Old 10-17-05, 04:18 PM
upbull340
Pole Position

I leased my last car and may lease again. I have friends who say not to do it. When I ask them what they do they say they have financed their car for either 48 or 60 months. They sell early and owe money on the car. So in theory they are always making payments just like a lease and they don't own the car - the financial company owns the car.

I guess paying cash is a great way to go but I just hate to think about losing investment opportunities when the stock market is right. I get tired of a car in 3 years and for me the lease option makes sense. But its not for everyone.

Anyway, my dealer gave me the lease on a $44,929 build with 12,000 miles a year for 36 months. I can't remember what the money factor was but a straight lease (payment each month) with no money down was $753 a month for a total of $27,108.

A Lexus 1 payment (payment in full on day of signing) was $24,864 plus some loose change. The one payment actually drops the monthly rate to $674 a month. Unfortunately you pay it at signing.

They also have a multiple security deposit plan. With that plan you pay $690 a month. At signing you give them $6,300 as a security deposit which is refundable at the end of the lease. In this plan you end up paying $24,840 and the temporary loss of $6,300 for 3 years.

Good luck. You definitely have options.
Old 10-17-05, 05:38 PM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mind if i ask...

Originally Posted by upbull340
I leased my last car and may lease again. I have friends who say not to do it. When I ask them what they do they say they have financed their car for either 48 or 60 months. They sell early and owe money on the car. So in theory they are always making payments just like a lease and they don't own the car - the financial company owns the car.

I guess paying cash is a great way to go but I just hate to think about losing investment opportunities when the stock market is right. I get tired of a car in 3 years and for me the lease option makes sense. But its not for everyone.

Anyway, my dealer gave me the lease on a $44,929 build with 12,000 miles a year for 36 months. I can't remember what the money factor was but a straight lease (payment each month) with no money down was $753 a month for a total of $27,108.

A Lexus 1 payment (payment in full on day of signing) was $24,864 plus some loose change. The one payment actually drops the monthly rate to $674 a month. Unfortunately you pay it at signing.

They also have a multiple security deposit plan. With that plan you pay $690 a month. At signing you give them $6,300 as a security deposit which is refundable at the end of the lease. In this plan you end up paying $24,840 and the temporary loss of $6,300 for 3 years.

...what car that is you leased? a lexus gs perhaps? i may change my mind and go for size over power and switch to the gs300 and it would cost about 45k sticker.
Old 10-17-05, 07:27 PM
upbull340
Pole Position

Originally Posted by umpalumpa
...what car that is you leased? a lexus gs perhaps? i may change my mind and go for size over power and switch to the gs300 and it would cost about 45k sticker.
Sorry or any confusion. My current lease is a Volvo S60R. What I quoted here was a IS350. The dealer just through out this number because he knew I wanted the sport package, park assist, Nav, ML ,etc. It was just a number to help me understand what I would pay under the 3 lease options that Lexus has. I was more interested in understanding their various lease programs than pricing out the car.

One thing I learned from him that I did not know is that through a Lexus lease you can extend for a 6 month period without any additional charges. Interesting. I know my Chase lease won't let me do that.
Old 10-17-05, 11:12 PM
cashu2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by upbull340

Interesting, were those payments including tax?
Old 10-18-05, 06:08 AM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Ok here it is i can get the 350 with navi and luxury plus whatveer it is with everything except ml/pcs which i dont want. It has the 18's. It also has healmap washers parking sensors blah blah. Now here are the numbers. The msrp is 43and change. Now i kno the vp so im getting a killer deal. Paying the taxes and fees which is 3100 gettin a 3 yr lease at 580. Good or not?
Old 10-18-05, 06:16 AM
2ndGenIS
Driver School Candidate

After passing on the IS350s I ordered, I have been looking at GS's which are going for so much off the sticker, than I can get a GS430 ($58K MSRP) for just over $700/month, 36 mo., 15K miles, $2500 down...sounds like some people are paying that much for the IS....odd
Old 10-18-05, 08:13 AM
newr
Lexus Champion

I am curious what the dealer quoted the residual values of these cars after 36month lease.

06 IS350

06 GS430

anyway, $700 plus per month to lease a car seems a bit much for me. you guys must be really rich.
Old 10-18-05, 08:47 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I leased an 06 GS430; residual was 54%, which is pretty typical I think. Of course getting it new when there is little discount off MSRP is the killer. But I wanted the car when it came out, so that's the price you pay.

Markulele - you should really do some real research on leasing before you say "buy". Suze Orman is a salesperson, she says a lot of things that I don't agree with, and she gets people to buy into her philosophy so she can sell more books. I've leased cars since 98, and haven't regretted it since. It makes financial sense, and brings peace of mind b/c I don't have to sell my cars every three years, and I don't have to worry about running out of warranty. The only car we bought outright was the RX, only because that one gets put through a lot of abuse and the mileage is 18-20k per year.

Quick Reply: Is350 Leasing !!!