IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2nd Gen IS 250/350/350c Official ROLLCALL/Welcome Thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-16, 06:35 AM
stephenwal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought this off my friend who had to reluctantly sell to buy a new work van - I had just sold my Renault Clio (dont laugh - first time car served me well!) so was looking to reinvest and got a bargain

1. IS250
2. RWD
3. Argento Ice
5. No spoiler yet!
6. Black leather

London based.
Old 10-05-16, 04:22 PM
ravenhil
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi!

1. IS 350
2. RWD
3. Silver & black
4. 20s Diablo Deltaforce Black
5. Spoiler
6. Black
7. 2nd owner, car mod history unknown, finding out little things everyday

9. San Pedro, CA
Old 10-19-16, 05:55 AM
Vettehamme
Driver School Candidate

Default Sports Exhaust

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
1. IS350
2. RWD (of course)
3. Breakwater Blue
4. 18" Summers
5. No spoiler (yet)
6. Black perf
7. To be added: Ground effects kit, spoiler, sports exhaust, tint, clear bra, and chrome those rims. Premium Luxury Package, Park Assist, with Nav+ML (oh yeah!).
8. PICS, PICS, PICS!!! Soon, soon, soon...
9. Representing the O.C! Tragic Kingdom!
What sports exhaust system are you looking at? I just bought a 2013 IS 350 C and am interested in an exhaust, new tires ( snow tires on rims ) and a heated steering wheel somehow!!
Old 10-21-16, 07:06 PM
Viktimize
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well it appears I have to post***** for 30 posts until this forum becomes opened up to me. So what better place than for post number 1.

I'm a heavy duty mechanic by trade, but have been out of the workforce for over 10 years. I still do a lot of automotive work out of my garage. You might be seeing a good DIY on an IS350 timing belt here soon, if there isn't one already posted. I'll have to look around. Anywho, I've been considering a Gen2 IS for quite some time. We got a 2014 IS250 AWD for the wife about a year ago now. She loves the car, I drive it time to time and it's ok. Pretty cramped actually. I've been in a position where I put on a crazy amount of miles in a year, so I got a 2015 Civic SI to bomb around in and mile out. But the IS seems so rock solid, and you can find them for reasonable price now with some miles on them. So screw it. I found a 2006 IS350 for a pretty good price. has 228,000km on it. Just going to sell the Civic and start pounding miles on the Lexus instead.

1. IS350
2. RWD
3. Silver
4. Junk stock wheels. I'll be looking for some nice aftermarket wheels for the summer tires.
5. No spoiler.......................yet
6. Black interior
7. Fully loaded. The ventilated seats is what really got me into this car. Hard to live without those.
8. Pics are coming. I don't pick the car up till this Sunday. I barely have any of my Viper though, so don't expect many of this car.
9. Alberta, Canada
Old 10-22-16, 03:42 PM
3FiddyIS
Driver School Candidate

1. Is350
2. RWD
3. Smokey Granite
4. 18s Stock
5. Spoiler
6. Gray
7. 2nd owner
8. Jax, FL!

I've had this car for about a year now and actually just got done doing my first mod. BC coilovers! Man I love how it handles now

Old 10-27-16, 08:31 PM
Activated
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. 2011 IS350
2. RWD
3. Obsidian Black
4. 19" Niche Essen in Hankook k120s
5. Stock trunk spoiler and Lexon roof spoiler
6. Beige
7. H&R springs, f sport chassis brace, cusco sway bar, lexon front lip, joe z exhaust and intake, ppe headers, all catless, matte black wrap.
8. got some older pics in my gallery : )
Old 11-02-16, 11:57 AM
tspinGFMis
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys I'm new here; just joined today. I bought my Lexus about 3 months ago and I immediately fell in love with it. I bought it with rims and lowering springs on it already and the only thing I've done is replaced all the rotors and pads. But I can't wait to start doing more mods. Mostly aesthetic probably as I also have an LS3 swapped 99 Trans Am to go fast in lol. The Lexus is my daily and rides so nice, much better than my old fbody lol. Thanks for being a badass site and I hope I can contribute in any way possible!

1. 2006 IS350
2. RWD
3. Glacier Frost
4. 19" Niche Targas
5. Stock spoiler
6. Beige
7. 3rd owner, not sure of brand on lowering springs but I love how it sits and rides.
8. House Springs, MO - about 45 minutes south of St. Louis.
Attached Thumbnails 2nd Gen IS 250/350/350c Official ROLLCALL/Welcome Thread!!!-img_7048.jpg   2nd Gen IS 250/350/350c Official ROLLCALL/Welcome Thread!!!-img_7036.jpg  
Old 11-30-16, 02:42 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,163 Likes on 1,625 Posts

^ Clean =)
Old 12-30-16, 07:41 PM
kplives
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New IS owner/Builder

Hi, just purchased a IS350 to build into a race car.. We are being a bit more tight lipped for the next two weeks but will post as many pics as you guys want to look at after the January 15th as well as series information. I think most forum members will either LOVE the build or HATE it.. We will see:-).

The 350 is not here yet, but we picked up a salvage IS250 to look at before committing and it looks to be a great chassis. I am excited to get this project off the ground and our team will start burning the midnight oil once it shows up. We will keep the forum posted! ... and probably g oing to be asking a lot of IS questions.

Thanks!

Michael
Old 01-02-17, 12:28 PM
ladybug250
Driver School Candidate

2008 IS250 6-Speed Manual Transmission
RWD
Starfire Pearl
17s
Cashmere
No Sports/Nav/Spoiler
Pics coming
North Carolina
Old 01-09-17, 09:26 PM
LXMEUP
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi guys, newbie here from Aus,

IS350 F-Sport.

First time Lexus owner, definitely not the last..

All my previous rides have been either 4-turbo or V8, and this thing definitely holds it own against them!

Old 01-09-17, 11:54 PM
Abishan
Driver School Candidate

1. IS250
2. RWD
3. Obsidian Black
4. 17s G-Max inertia wheels with dunlops
5. No spoiler
6. Black leather interior
7. Late 2008 6spd Manual model

9. Victoria, Australia
Old 01-12-17, 10:20 AM
orlando007
Driver School Candidate

Default 2008 Lexus Is250

1. Model 250
2. AWD
3. Pearl Color
4. 18s
5. no spoiler
6. Interior color Grey
7. Pics will show the rest!

Old 01-13-17, 05:49 AM
wireeater
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Year: 2006
1. Model 250
2. AWD
3. Glacier Frost Mica
4. 17s
5. no spoiler
6. Interior color tan

Hey everyone. Rich here.

I just picked up an IS250 the other day. This is the AWD version and it has upgraded NAV/Woodgrain. I picked this up for a DD as my last one wasn't cutting it and I was having a hard time staying out of the Mustang for my commutes. I actually always wanted this generation back when it came out but was in no position. Clearly life has change drastically for me in over 10 years allowing me to do things I couldn't when this car was out. I love the mid 2000 import sedans. The IS and Acura TL were always my favorites. I figured why not find a second gen as a daily. Clean smooth lines of that era. Features and comforts that are still above standard in today's vehicles and the reliability of a Lexus.

I got it with 134k on the ODO. It was a 1 owner car with a very meticulous maintenance log. Everything was available on Carfax due to the owner only taking it to the Lexus dealership for everything. From the day of ownership in 2006 to the end of ownership, last week this car was services or taken in for inspection/rotation etc every 5,000 miles. There were 38 logged visits to the dealer (only maintenance/checkups). That instilled quite a bit of confidence in my purchase. I found this car as a recent trade in at the same Ford dealership I purchased my GT. I was able to talk them down to a solid $8,500. My past cars have been Subaru's (several WRX/STi) and I honestly wanted to find one but the reality is, Subarus are not reliable in Turbo form. People dog the cars and for the price I was able to get the IS for and it's AWD there is no way I could find a Subaru that compared in anyways (plus I hate Outbacks, Foresters and imprezas and Legacies are boring without turbos).

The car itself drives EXTREMELY smooth, like wow. Super smooth shifts and idles.The interior is a 8/10 with very minor wear. The exterior is a 7/10. There is only 1 noticable dent which is on the rear corner of the bumper where they must have accidently backed into something. The rest of the body looks good with just minor paint dings here or there. I could tell this was a city car (and I purchased it in a city lol). The rear bumper has dimples from peoples license plate brackets pushing against it. The rims are curbed and the silver paint is flaking off. I think I am going to pull them, sand, try to smooth out the curbing and repaint. I did a headlight/fog lens restoration on it last night which turned out pretty good. The car came with a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 on them which surprised me. Those should serve me well with VA weather. It appears there are no open recalls on this beside the airbag and according to the Lexus site they're still waiting for a resolution?

I also order a NAV update yesterday which should be here tomorrow. This thing still has 0.xx version of the software. Half the roads around my house don't even exist LOL. Anyways I am a very active online person when it comes to forums, groups, communities and car clubs. I am an enthusiast, a modder. Not planning to do anything other than visual, clean mods but don't know where to start.

If anyone want's to point my towards some good reading threads so I can learn more about these cars that would be great. Also who are the prefered vendors for products for the Lexus brand?

Bad before and after but you can tell.

The stable,

My Mustang. Engine is stock besides a e85 tune.

Last edited by wireeater; 01-18-17 at 07:54 AM.
The following users liked this post:
6kickS (01-29-20)
Old 01-14-17, 09:04 PM
cGreer20
Driver School Candidate

Year: 2007
1. is250 MT
2. RWD
3. Smoky Quartz
4. X package 5 spoke
5. spoiler
6. Interior color black

This is my new daily replacing my 08 xB. cant tell quite how my car was trimmed. i think it's an X package because of the lip, spoiler and wheels. No heated seats or Nav but it has the moon roof. Looking forward to modding it in and enjoying the noise these v6s make. @cgreer20

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen IS 250/350/350c Official ROLLCALL/Welcome Thread!!!