IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2nd Gen IS 250/350/350c Official ROLLCALL/Welcome Thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-20, 06:02 PM
ELexis
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts

Nice color .
Old 03-26-20, 03:19 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts
Default My new whip...

Finally able to buy the IS 250 I wanted!

2007 IS 250 AWD
Black Sapphire Pearl Metallic exterior
Black Leather interior

Only 1 PO who babied it; an older gentleman who graduated to the IS-F.

221k kilometres on the odo. Plans is for a DD but I'm wondering what mods to make on it that would be worth it...

Got most bells and whistles except the back-up camera and navigation... which is no deal-breaker (Thank you Google Maps + Waze)

Aftermarket 17" rims on standard tyres... Dunno if I wanna go up to 18"

Mirror unit Aftermarket dashcam + back-up camera installed over the existing mirror... dang! I lose that compass

Isn't she lovely...

204hp is plenty enough on the streets...

NIce bucket seats

Based out of Beautiful British Columbia in Vancouver...

Last edited by LStoneX; 03-26-20 at 03:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bigreddog (04-30-20)
Old 03-26-20, 05:33 AM
ELexis
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts

LStoneX, congratulations on purchase! Believe the color to be Black Sapphire Pearl. Appears black until vehicle is in direct light, appearing dark blue. Very cool.
Old 03-26-20, 08:14 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ELexis
LStoneX, congratulations on purchase! Believe the color to be Black Sapphire Pearl. Appears black until vehicle is in direct light, appearing dark blue. Very cool.
Aha! That explains a lot. When I went to pick it up from PO, it looked black on that very cold foggy morning and he signed the transfer documents writing black on it. Got to the licensing place and the lady said it was actually blue and I had to go back to get him to sign a new set of papers😁

I've only had it for 2 weeks so far she's really good!🥰

I haven't gone on any long drives or anything if the sort because of COVID-19 but will do once this is all over.
Old 03-26-20, 09:42 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ramsracing
Greetings fellow 2is owners, I've been a long time lurker and I finally decided to join in and have some fun here. Recently picked up my 2nd 2is...

1. 2011 350 F-Sport
2. RWD
3. SGM
4. 18s (factory F-sport wheels)
5. F-sport/ISF spoiler wrapped in 3M high gloss carbon fibre
6. blk
7. This is my 2nd 2is, owner a beautiful GFM 250 AWD last year that I sold to get a 2019 Corolla Hatchback.
8. Toronto, Canada.

Also threw in some pics of my other cars too...(73 Corolla and my old 190e and 250 AWD)

That Corolla is a classic! Still runs and drives smoothly or you already got rid of it?
Old 03-26-20, 03:54 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ELexis
Edited accordingly.
Old 04-02-20, 09:25 PM
JHanLy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is my 2006 Lexus IS250 AWD Black. All the cars that i owned in the past were all lowered that i tried to keep this car as stock as possible. But i added a couple things that i thought made it look better with compromising driveability.

Old 04-05-20, 11:08 AM
Dlosmom
Driver School Candidate

Default My Adonis

1. Model 250
2. RWD
3. Black/Obsidian
4. 18s
5. Spoiler
6. Cashmere Interior color
7. 2010 - bought used but new to me 😜

The following users liked this post:
bigreddog (04-30-20)
Old 04-12-20, 05:46 PM
bigreddog
Driver School Candidate

New 2008 Lexus IS350 owner here! This car has a sad background I think. I found this car at an auction. It's a repo vehicle. It has been hit in the front passenger corner, see pics. Being fully honest, I own a small car lot but this car will be my PERSONAL car. I have been looking for something sporty yet a 4 door. Rarely do I find something I'd be willing to own personally for an affordable price. I bid over a month ago on a 2007 Acura TL Type S model. It needed work as well but ran well. The seller and I couldn't reach an agreement on price and then they closed due to COVID 19. Then I bought a 2007 Saab 9-3 with a 6 speed manual but it didn't excite me like I thought it would. I accidentally ran across this Lexus. I've never owned a Lexus before and I had no idea it was rear wheel drive. I also had no idea it was fast. I instantly fell in love with it and bottom line, I am rescuing this car.

1. Model 2008 IS 350
2. RWD
3. White
4. 18's and they appear to be Lexus rims that have been sprayed and they need sprayed again.
5. Spoiler - appears to be stock?
6. Charcoal Grey or Black?
7. Touchscreen Radio yet touchscreen does not work.
8. PICS, PICS, PICS!!! - Here they are. Lets call them "BEFORE" pictures.
9. Fort Wayne, Indiana
10. Post pics or links to your car

I ordered a new front bumper cover. I installed a new battery. I need fog lights but also the plastic pieces that attach to the bumper cover for the fog lights. Suggestions? The car had a AFS light blinking but I learned that was due to the car having aftermarket headlights. The headlights have an issue. The LED strips work. Bright lights work. Turn signals work. My regular headlights do NOT work. I pulled the AFS fuse and that dummy light is now gone. Checked the low beam relay and swapped it and still no headlights. Due to the front bumper cover being busted, it appears some wires have been ripped too. The low beam headlight bulbs look fine. I am going to assume the wiring is bad. It may be fixable but may not. One of the headlights is missing the rubber square that keeps water out from the entrance of the light. I'm not sure who makes the headlights, so I don't know how to get the rubber piece. Next, when I start the car, it sounds like a jackhammer is going off in the glovebox for about 10 seconds each start. I unplugged things one by one with no luck until I got to the right part. I have no idea what the part does and I can't see a part number because I can't remove it, at least not now. I'll try again tomorrow. Does anyone know what the blue box does? I have the touchscreen radio but the screen doesn't work. I looked at doing a double din radio with a $300 faceplate to use the climate settings. I looked at some "Tesla" looking radios from China. Ended up ordering a $22 screen/digitizer that my mechanic says he can install.

My options seem to be odd on this car. 6 disc changer with touchscreen but no XM? I do see a little XM antenna on the car but I'm not sure if it's plugged in or how I can access it. I have 18" rims but have mirrors without turn signals in them. The dashboard has multiple fine cracks in it and looks terrible. It also looks like a dog bit into it on a couple spots. Dashboard material seems to be really poor. I am considering a dash cover but I'd like one to cover the entire dashboard and most of them do not. The one that does cover everything costs over $300. Leather seats are in good condition. Everything seems to be stock. The car has 169K on it but seems to run and shift quite well. The exhaust is vibrating against the frame but the exhaust is super quiet. I plan to change that. Sorry for making this such a long introduction but hopefully someone can tell me the part I need for the glovebox and how to get it out? I might put a thread specifically about the issues (glovebox part and no low beams) on the forum. I'm looking forward to getting this car all fixed up so I can drive it everyday. So far my 45 miles of driving have been a joy.

Pic of the headlight. I'm assuming that the plug is for the fog light?

Two ripped wires that I'll attempt to fix or replace the harness...

Blue Box with unplugged wires is the part that makes a loud noise for 10 seconds every time I start the car.

Old 04-17-20, 09:16 AM
Intheworks
Driver School Candidate

1. 07 is250
2. Rwd
3. Metallic blue
4. 20" work cp2p
5. Clinched duck ill
6. Black and tan (for now &#128521
7. Full clinched widebody, led tails, suede dash and pillars, under bumper diffuser, xk glow underglow, airlift performance 3p air ride

Old 04-17-20, 09:44 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Intheworks
1. 07 is250
2. Rwd
3. Metallic blue
4. 20" work cp2p
5. Clinched duck ill
6. Black and tan (for now &#128521
7. Full clinched widebody, led tails, suede dash and pillars, under bumper diffuser, xk glow underglow, airlift performance 3p air ride
Ride is sick! Looks really good. I hope there are no potholes in your neighborhood cos that lip is the first thing that's gonna rip if you hit one... Badly...
Old 04-17-20, 09:45 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bigreddog
New 2008 Lexus IS350 owner here! This car has a sad background I think. I found this car at an auction. It's a repo vehicle. It has been hit in the front passenger corner, see pics. Being fully honest, I own a small car lot but this car will be my PERSONAL car. I have been looking for something sporty yet a 4 door. Rarely do I find something I'd be willing to own personally for an affordable price. I bid over a month ago on a 2007 Acura TL Type S model. It needed work as well but ran well. The seller and I couldn't reach an agreement on price and then they closed due to COVID 19. Then I bought a 2007 Saab 9-3 with a 6 speed manual but it didn't excite me like I thought it would. I accidentally ran across this Lexus. I've never owned a Lexus before and I had no idea it was rear wheel drive. I also had no idea it was fast. I instantly fell in love with it and bottom line, I am rescuing this car.

1. Model 2008 IS 350
2. RWD
3. White
4. 18's and they appear to be Lexus rims that have been sprayed and they need sprayed again.
5. Spoiler - appears to be stock?
6. Charcoal Grey or Black?
7. Touchscreen Radio yet touchscreen does not work.
8. PICS, PICS, PICS!!! - Here they are. Lets call them "BEFORE" pictures.
9. Fort Wayne, Indiana
10. Post pics or links to your car

I ordered a new front bumper cover. I installed a new battery. I need fog lights but also the plastic pieces that attach to the bumper cover for the fog lights. Suggestions? The car had a AFS light blinking but I learned that was due to the car having aftermarket headlights. The headlights have an issue. The LED strips work. Bright lights work. Turn signals work. My regular headlights do NOT work. I pulled the AFS fuse and that dummy light is now gone. Checked the low beam relay and swapped it and still no headlights. Due to the front bumper cover being busted, it appears some wires have been ripped too. The low beam headlight bulbs look fine. I am going to assume the wiring is bad. It may be fixable but may not. One of the headlights is missing the rubber square that keeps water out from the entrance of the light. I'm not sure who makes the headlights, so I don't know how to get the rubber piece. Next, when I start the car, it sounds like a jackhammer is going off in the glovebox for about 10 seconds each start. I unplugged things one by one with no luck until I got to the right part. I have no idea what the part does and I can't see a part number because I can't remove it, at least not now. I'll try again tomorrow. Does anyone know what the blue box does? I have the touchscreen radio but the screen doesn't work. I looked at doing a double din radio with a $300 faceplate to use the climate settings. I looked at some "Tesla" looking radios from China. Ended up ordering a $22 screen/digitizer that my mechanic says he can install.

My options seem to be odd on this car. 6 disc changer with touchscreen but no XM? I do see a little XM antenna on the car but I'm not sure if it's plugged in or how I can access it. I have 18" rims but have mirrors without turn signals in them. The dashboard has multiple fine cracks in it and looks terrible. It also looks like a dog bit into it on a couple spots. Dashboard material seems to be really poor. I am considering a dash cover but I'd like one to cover the entire dashboard and most of them do not. The one that does cover everything costs over $300. Leather seats are in good condition. Everything seems to be stock. The car has 169K on it but seems to run and shift quite well. The exhaust is vibrating against the frame but the exhaust is super quiet. I plan to change that. Sorry for making this such a long introduction but hopefully someone can tell me the part I need for the glovebox and how to get it out? I might put a thread specifically about the issues (glovebox part and no low beams) on the forum. I'm looking forward to getting this car all fixed up so I can drive it everyday. So far my 45 miles of driving have been a joy.

Pic of the headlight. I'm assuming that the plug is for the fog light?

Two ripped wires that I'll attempt to fix or replace the harness...

Blue Box with unplugged wires is the part that makes a loud noise for 10 seconds every time I start the car.
Hey dude! Any progress on the fixes?
Old 04-17-20, 09:59 AM
Intheworks
Driver School Candidate

Lol I live in the Houston area. Potholes everywhere. I've already had a couple issues with breakage. I just have to keep an eye out and air up high when I notice bad terrain
Old 04-17-20, 10:46 AM
bigreddog
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LStoneX
Hey dude! Any progress on the fixes?
Nope. I haven't received any messages. I just dropped it off to my mechanic about 45 minutes ago. I also found an article on here about the jackhammer noise in the glovebox so I'll have him look at that thread as well. He is also going to attempt to figure out the headlights and then work on the exhaust. Thanks!
Old 04-21-20, 07:17 PM
SanjIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys have referred to these forums for a while but finally decided to join.
1. 2006 IS 250
2. AWD
3. Tungsten Pearl
4. 17's
5. No spoiler
6. Black Interior
7. No ML, No Nav, 236,000 miles, been in the family since new from uncle to grandfather to me. Vinyl Black Roof, Vinyl off-center stripe. Engine is still going strong but am struggling with electrical issues.

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen IS 250/350/350c Official ROLLCALL/Welcome Thread!!!