IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2nd Gen IS 250/350/350c Official ROLLCALL/Welcome Thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-20, 08:01 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by bigreddog
Nope. I haven't received any messages. I just dropped it off to my mechanic about 45 minutes ago. I also found an article on here about the jackhammer noise in the glovebox so I'll have him look at that thread as well. He is also going to attempt to figure out the headlights and then work on the exhaust. Thanks!

Cool. I'm really hoping you get good headway and fix all the issues. It's a ride that certainly needs to be loved and enjoyed. As long as the powertrain is still in good condition, it's one Ride you're really gonna enjoy.
Old 04-29-20, 11:48 PM
PeterDLeon
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. IS 350
2. RWD
3. Obsidian Black
4. 18s
5. no spoiler (not yet at least)
6. Black
7. F sport exhaust
8. SoCal

The following users liked this post:
bigreddog (04-30-20)
Old 04-30-20, 05:16 PM
bigreddog
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LStoneX
Cool. I'm really hoping you get good headway and fix all the issues. It's a ride that certainly needs to be loved and enjoyed. As long as the powertrain is still in good condition, it's one Ride you're really gonna enjoy.
I do have some updates. Touchscreen radio has a new digitizer/screen and is working properly now. The jackhammer noise in the glovebox was unplugged by me until the mechanic could look into it. Turns out an animal nest was built up inside it! Good news is that nothing was broken and that noise has been fixed. Just waiting on a new cabin air filter. The exhaust is being slightly modified. Both resonators and mufflers are being deleted. The exhaust had issues vibrating against the frame and so since he was going to be fixing it, I wanted to make it sound louder. The problem the mechanic is dealing with currently is that the aftermarket headlights have LEDs that work and the hi-beams and turn signals work. However both lo-beam lights do not work. The mechanic said that 12V are at the connection but the bulbs don't work on either one. However if he runs the bulbs to the battery, both bulbs work. So he is stumped on that issue right now.
LStoneX (05-08-20)
Old 05-08-20, 07:25 AM
Dizon
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey everyone, been lurking for awhile since i got my Lex, lots of good info on this site that has helped me out a lot, finally got my rims so here I am :-)
1. 2007 is250
2. AWD
3. Obsidian
4. 18x8.5 +35 JNC
5. factory spoiler
6. int. black
7. Megan EZ street
8. North Iowa
sede7 (05-13-20)
Old 05-08-20, 10:14 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dizon
Hey everyone, been lurking for awhile since i got my Lex, lots of good info on this site that has helped me out a lot, finally got my rims so here I am :-)
1. 2007 is250
2. AWD
3. Obsidian
4. 18x8.5 +35 JNC
5. factory spoiler
6. int. black
7. Megan EZ street
8. North Iowa

Nice!!! Those wheels look sick! I'm jealous of your factory rear spoiler. Still looking to get one for myself.
Dizon (05-08-20)
Old 05-08-20, 10:15 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bigreddog
I do have some updates. Touchscreen radio has a new digitizer/screen and is working properly now. The jackhammer noise in the glovebox was unplugged by me until the mechanic could look into it. Turns out an animal nest was built up inside it! Good news is that nothing was broken and that noise has been fixed. Just waiting on a new cabin air filter. The exhaust is being slightly modified. Both resonators and mufflers are being deleted. The exhaust had issues vibrating against the frame and so since he was going to be fixing it, I wanted to make it sound louder. The problem the mechanic is dealing with currently is that the aftermarket headlights have LEDs that work and the hi-beams and turn signals work. However both lo-beam lights do not work. The mechanic said that 12V are at the connection but the bulbs don't work on either one. However if he runs the bulbs to the battery, both bulbs work. So he is stumped on that issue right now.
Any changes with the situation? I'm hoping we see pictures when this is all done... Can't wait.
Old 05-08-20, 05:12 PM
Chaz4play
Driver School Candidate

Default 2006 is350

Hello fellow enthusiasts!
I've just purchased a 2006 is350 base and took it right away to my mechanic to do a 120k service.
I saw a wheel on a site, a five spoke twisted alunium chrome finish 18 with a 225/40 & 265/40 rear!
My first question is, with these rim are they directional rims? If so which direction does these rim go on? Twist facing forward or to the rear?
Thanks in advance..
Enjoy your life and keep on driving...

Last edited by Chaz4play; 05-08-20 at 05:32 PM.
Dizon (05-13-20)
Old 05-09-20, 02:36 PM
bigreddog
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LStoneX
Any changes with the situation? I'm hoping we see pictures when this is all done... Can't wait.
Yes the headlights are now working properly. I can finally drive at night. I ran into an engine light that keeps coming on. P0983. Ordered a S4 solenoid that goes in the tranny so that's a bummer. Waiting on the splashguard liners to come in and the fog lights to come in and then it goes to the body shop to have the front bumper covered installed. In the meantime it goes to the exhaust shop on Monday but my mechanic is stopping by today to see if the pipes are in the way of the tranny before he tears into it. I don't want to get exhaust work done only to have to tear it up.
Old 05-13-20, 08:27 AM
sede7
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Sziasztok!" from Hungary

2008 RWD 250, AT, Tungsten Pearl w/ 18" Work Emotion XT7 wheels (J8.5 ET46) with Michelin PS4 tires (225/40 & 245/40) for the summer stock 17s for the winter
Black interior with ML sound, ~125 k miles
First time Lexus owner (previously drove a 97 Corolla), thanks for all the knowledge at CL!

Dizon (05-13-20)
Old 05-17-20, 01:43 AM
FlashWhyte
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wrong thread!

Last edited by FlashWhyte; 05-17-20 at 01:46 AM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 05-22-20, 12:22 AM
nzsky
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

1 350
2. RWD
3. Black
4. 18s
5. Spoiler
6. black
8. PICS, PICS, PICS!!!
9. Auckland, New Zealand

Old 05-24-20, 06:44 PM
GWN
9th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My Intro

1. 250
2. AWD (Auto)
3. "Matador Red Mica" (Dark Red Metallic)
4. 17 Stock Wheels
5.No spoiler
6."Ecru" (Beige Leather)
7. Car is a 2011 Model year car with 84,000 km (52,000 miles) in spotless condition.
8. See Below
9. Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
10. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery)

LStoneX (05-24-20)
Old 05-24-20, 07:36 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GWN
1. 250
2. AWD (Auto)
3. "Matador Red Mica" (Dark Red Metallic)
4. 17 Stock Wheels
5.No spoiler
6."Ecru" (Beige Leather)
7. Car is a 2011 Model year car with 84,000 km (52,000 miles) in spotless condition.
8. See Below
9. Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
10. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery)

Nice looking ride! And only 84k kilometers! Was it driven by a granny!😜🤪

Bruv, that car has got tons of life left in it. My 07 with 218k kms still looks sick!

Planning any mods?
GWN (05-25-20)
Old 05-25-20, 06:41 AM
GWN
9th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, bought the car from a Lexus dealer where it was serviced since new by the previous owner.

Not planning any mods, just looking for an enjoyable, well built car. It may end up a "summer car" as the winter roads in Ontario are brutal. As far as I can tell, there is no signs of rust anywhere on this car.

I'm also trying to find my way around this forum. Trying to find out where owners of older Lexus's (Lexi?) get them serviced. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, but a lot of stuff on modern cars depends on electronic diagnostics (usually meaning a visit to the dealership?).
Old 05-25-20, 10:25 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GWN
Thanks, bought the car from a Lexus dealer where it was serviced since new by the previous owner.

Not planning any mods, just looking for an enjoyable, well built car. It may end up a "summer car" as the winter roads in Ontario are brutal. As far as I can tell, there is no signs of rust anywhere on this car.

I'm also trying to find my way around this forum. Trying to find out where owners of older Lexus's (Lexi?) get them serviced. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, but a lot of stuff on modern cars depends on electronic diagnostics (usually meaning a visit to the dealership?).
That's cool. Here in Metro Vancouver, the winters are mild so we don't worry about that. Previous owner of mine always serviced at a dealership. Since I got it I've been doing most of my stuff myself as I've got some tools and love getting my hands dirty. Only things I've gone to the dealership for a things I cannot do - like when I had my TPMS sensors replaced. I find that many regular shops sometimes struggle with Lexus stuff; I tried a couple of regular shops but none of them could install OEM sensors which is why I took it to Open Road Lexus.

You should be fine doing many mods yourself. There's tons of threads on her, both within the 2IS subforums and elsewhere. Just search for what you wanna find. I normally use Google but ask it to search within the CL forums.

And if you have a particular question you don't seem to find the answer to, just create a new thread and someone will jump on it. All the best Bro.
GWN (05-25-20)

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen IS 250/350/350c Official ROLLCALL/Welcome Thread!!!