IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2nd Gen IS 250/350/350c Official ROLLCALL/Welcome Thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-21, 06:14 AM
isaacrvl88
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

2008 IS350 SGM
_MEGAN RACING MIDPIPE
_TANABE MEDALLION AXLE BACK
_VLAND HEADLIGHTS/TAILIGHTS
_VRDVN WHEELS/FALKEN ZIEX 950 TIRES
_WALD STYLE SPOILER
_"F SPORT" STYLE FRONT LIP

_CARBON FIBER REP ROOF SPOILER
_SATIN BLACK ROOF WRAP
_RR RACING CF INTAKE TUBE
_
FORTUNE AUTO COILOVERS

Last edited by isaacrvl88; 07-25-21 at 06:27 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by isaacrvl88:
jreancsu (07-26-21), TheUser (07-28-21)
Old 08-05-21, 12:31 PM
Mozingo32
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Here

Just got.
Will get my own pics soon. these are the dealer pics
2011 IS 350 AWD
168,000 Going Strong
Starfire pearl
Black Leather int,
Nav,
Backup Cam

The following users liked this post:
isaacrvl88 (08-05-21)
Old 08-29-21, 08:34 PM
Improkap
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Greetings from Chile! Just got mine 2 weeks ago, can't say how stoked I am since it's my first car. Truly a wonderful machine, classy and timeless design, has with plenty enought power and pretty much everything you need comfort wise. Got a pretty good deal cosidering the condition and low mileage. Paid the equivalent of 12.500 USD but in perspective even the most basic and cheap cars such as a Thai-made Yaris are over 15K around here, and they're nowhere near the IS in terms of power, comfort, quality, etc. Lexus it's not that well known around these parts outside car people and pretty much everyone thinks it's way more expensive than it is or belives its some weird european luxury car, and many refuse to belive me when I tell them it's 12 years old.

Im the fourth owner but it seems the ones before me took good care of it, the records show it was serviced
religiously every 10.000km at the dealer by all of them. Last one replaced the tires, battery, alternator, spark plugs and brakes at 60k.

- 2009 IS 250
- 68.000 miles

- RWD
- Smoky Granite Metallic.
- Stock wheels.
- Beige
Interior w/ silver trim.

Last edited by Improkap; 08-29-21 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-30-21, 01:18 PM
Mtlowrance
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Howdy!

New to IS, but not new to Lexus.

Just sold my GX470 last week, and needed a commuter car for my hour drive back and forth. Enter my 2013 IS250. Obsidian, 133k, and black interior.

Looking for an OEM front bumper. Located in NC
Old 09-01-21, 11:21 PM
LBC2IS
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2008 Lexus IS350

This is my second IS350 that I’ve owned, but the first that I’ve really made my own.

The Car
  • 2008 IS350 non-nav
  • RWD
  • Dark Grey Metallic
  • Grey Interior
  • 19” Forged F-Sport wheels
  • Toyo Proxes Sport (235/35r19 front / 255/35r19 rear)
  • F-Sport lowering springs
  • No spoiler - the way I like it
  • F-Sport style grill and blacked out grill surround
  • F-Sport intake
  • Tanabe Medallion exhaust
  • F-Sport front and rear sway bars
  • ISF steering wheel dampener
  • ‘08 ISF taillights

Future plans
  • OEM GFX Front lip (if you know where to get a color matched one, let me know)
  • Bonus: OEM GFX side skirts
  • ISF steering computer
  • RR racing tune
  • Under chassis brace
  • Replace headlights with OEM-style eventually

All things considered, this car is an absolute sleeper the way it sits. Love this thing.

Right after purchase - Immediately replaced the hideous front grill with the F-Sport version

Second mod: F-Sport lowering springs

Currently (sans ISF tails)

More recent with ISF tails

Last edited by LBC2IS; 09-02-21 at 09:47 AM.
Mtlowrance (09-02-21)
Old 09-04-21, 11:10 AM
shelby89
Driver School Candidate

My first Lexus, looking forward to reliability. I also got a BMW but cost of ownership was something I didn't want to deal with.

1. Model 250
2. AWD
3. Pearl white
4. stock tires
5. Spoiler
6. Tan
7. Backup Nav / Cooling seats
8. South Florida - West Palm Beach

Old 09-09-21, 08:31 AM
msfortune
6th Gear

Smile

Hello!

I just bought my first Lexus.

1. 2010 IS 250
2. AWD
3. Black
4. Stock 17s with General Altimax RT43 for now...I'm going to need to put 16s and studded snows on this car pretty soon, though.
5. No spoiler
6. Tan leather interior
7. I bought it to get myself out of an 11-year relationship with a Jetta, and I'm looking forward to being able to work on it myself a little bit more than I was able to do with the other car. This Lexus was well-loved and used consistently, and I've already made myself a laundry list of projects to spruce it up a bit.
8. No pics...yet.
9. I hail from a converted barn on a forgotten dirt road in Vermont. Is that considered international?

Nice to be here. I've wanted one of these cars for a LONG time.
Old 09-11-21, 07:27 PM
12250FS
2nd gear

Default Newbie

Greetings, everyone!

Name's Sam. Bought me a 2012 IS250 AWD, AT, in Deepsea Blue, with 79k miles on the digital clock, last December.

10 spoke 17's, all stock at the moment, except for an F-Sport intake I installed on it, and some headlights the previous owner installed, which I discovered not to be oem. That will not last long, as I plan to add some personalization touches. So far, I have a Weld style rear and roof spoiler that I haven't installed, yet. Future mods will include F-sport suspension springs to lower the car a bit, 19" Niche Targa M131 wheels, Vland lights, and either F-sport front lips or 2is to 3is front bumper conversion. Time and budget will tell, lol.

So far, at 83K miles, very happy with the purchase, best car in terms of quality and -hopefully- reliability I've owned so far, and I've had a lot of very different cars... from korean beaters, french cars, british cars, and German cars, to nitrous hungry V8's 🙆🏻‍♂️

Looking forward to positive experiences while a member of this community and to hopefully meet some of you one day at some car gathering! 👏🏼😊

Old 09-17-21, 12:28 PM
Dogbane
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello from North Carolina

Hello, first post from a first time Lexus owner.

2012 IS 350
AWD
Titanium Pearl
17s with brand new set of Michelin Pilot Sport
No spoiler
Black
Two previous owners. Low mileage: 71,500 miles.
Bone stock and plan on keeping it that way.
Raleigh NC.

Old 12-02-21, 06:08 AM
Quietly
Driver School Candidate

1. Model 250 2006 sports luxury
2. RWD
3. Black
4. 17s idk what type stock lol
5. no spoiler
6. Beigh tan
7. Sat nav mark levinson system
Not sure what els has the usally sticky dash crap and door cards

I am from Sydney Australia

Old 01-04-22, 08:36 PM
KrashPalme
Driver School Candidate

Default New to this group

Hi, I'm Kevin and I just got my 3rd Lexus, but my first IS350. She is Tungsten Pearl, RWD with the Mark Levinson soud system.
Old 01-08-22, 02:56 AM
Gradon
Driver School Candidate

Hey! A few days ago I joined the lexus family and want to proudly present my car!
1. 2007 IS 350

2. RWD
3. Moonshell metallic mica
4. Stock 18s
5. No spoiler yet
6. Black interior
7. Almost fully optioned out with radar cruise control, 18 inch wheel and a pretty rare colour

9. Based in New Zealand!
Happy to be here and this forum has been a great help for me!
Old 01-12-22, 09:13 AM
rickjames8
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't realize there was a welcome thread. So here it goes:
  • 2012 Lexus IS250
  • RWD
  • Stock 18's
  • Black on Black
  • Auto Trans
  • Factory Nav
  • 140k miles (Haven't checked for carbon yet, but already accepted the fact I may need to open the engine and clean it)
  • Bought from an insurance auction (IAAI) - I tracked down the original owner who was kind enough to send me the second key! Also had a nice talk with her. She maintained the car very well and it showed. It was the cleanest auction car I'd seen. The oil change sticker was from a few days before her accident.
  • Bought the car for the sole reason of performing a chassis swap with a 67 Camaro. The goal is to have a fully modern drivetrain and interior in a classic vehicle. Chassis swaps are not super common, but gaining in popularity. I've done major projects before, but this will test my capabilities for sure.
  • Car had minor front and rear damage, but airbags were not deployed. Car runs and drives. No impact to any mechanical parts. It would have cost me ~$2000 in parts to get it back on the road. Seriously considered it, but at that point I'd have invested what a salvage-title IS250 would be worth, so I pressed on with my project.
  • The IS was chosen after a lot of junkyard measurements on about 7 possible donor cars, all of which shared a wheelbase with the Camaro (+/- 0.5 inch). I've always loved Toyota's since my dad bought a Celica back in '82. I've owned a few 4runners and loved their indestructability.
  • Project is underway.
I appreciate the help from the forum so far! I think my questions seem a bit odd ("Why do you want to remove that?? Oh, I see.") when I first ask and it's not clear what I'm doing.

Old 01-23-22, 03:22 PM
Breese147
6th Gear

Default My “new” used 2007 IS250 AWD

Good afternoon,

Finally decided to join this forum after reading a lot on here! I used to frequent the Tacoma world forum alot when I had my 2001 Tacoma and I met alot of great people there and many even helped me out after I got in a small wreck for free. Anyways on to my most recent purchase.
I got a 2007 IS250AWD in Silver with Black interior and wood grain trim. I bought the vehicle with about 148k miles for $4400. I currently live in Germany as I stayed hereafter I got out of the military but plan to return to the States ASAP. Anyways this vehicle seems pretty ahead of its era for the year it was produced and has surprised me multiple times. Unfortunately I’m chasing a check engine code too much fuel in bank 1/2 but it doesn’t seem to affect the performance of the vehicle. One of the prior owners did a crappy job drilling the “cold air intake”holes in the air intake box but it does add a very nice induction noise. Since purchasing the vehicle I’ve installed a cheap Amazon front lip, LED puddle/welcome lights, LED daytime running lights, wrapped the center wood grime in red, cleaned the aftermarket Simota racing filter that came in the vehicle, and attempted to tint the windows but definitely need to redo them haha. The car gets about 14mpg with my very heavy foot which isn’t too bad. I definitely have plans for an exhaust system, just hard to find since it’s AWD. The interior is in pretty good shape for a 2007 however the car fax didn’t show the airbag recall. I will definitely do the PCV valve soon ad I heard that can cause issues. I will try to include what little photos I have of the vehicle!

LStoneX (01-23-22)
Old 02-12-22, 05:20 AM
Uptopkid68
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Member

1. Model 250
2. RWD
3. Black Exterior Color
4. 19's
5. Has rear trunk spoiler and rear window spoiler
6. Interior color is tan
7. Base model. This is my first Lexus
8. In

Vland installed working great. Decided to leave the highbeam on as part of the daytime running lights.

Vland rear install was easier than i thought.

Caliper covers

Installed front bumper splitter

Kennesaw, GA

Elev8Ent (06-01-23)

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen IS 250/350/350c Official ROLLCALL/Welcome Thread!!!