IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Luxury package = Illuminated doorsills, but not on sport package?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-05, 11:53 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Luxury package = Illuminated doorsills, but not on sport package?

Per Lexus.com...
Luxury Package: Illuminated doorsill scuff plates
Sport Package: Aluminum doorsill scuff plates

So if you don't get either package what kind of scuff plates are on there?

You mean to tell me that they have three unique scuff plates? One for 'no package', one for the 'luxury package', and one for the 'sport package'?

I'd like to get the sport pacakage but love the look of illuminated scuff plates.
Old 10-18-05, 11:59 AM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd guess that the one for no package just doesn't have one, or it's just a strip of aluminum or plastic just to cover it.

The sport package doesn't light up. It looks pretty similar to the ones that are in the GS. The ones that are in the lux package are aluminum, and the "LEXUS" lights up blue. Very cool, but the blue honestly doesn't match anything in the car, since the puddle lights are just regular lights, the interior lighting is regular lights + LED's, and the gauges/stereo lights are white and green. Blue kinda comes out of nowhere, but it looks cool anyway.
Old 10-18-05, 12:08 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRupp
I'd guess that the one for no package just doesn't have one, or it's just a strip of aluminum or plastic just to cover it.

The sport package doesn't light up. It looks pretty similar to the ones that are in the GS. The ones that are in the lux package are aluminum, and the "LEXUS" lights up blue. Very cool, but the blue honestly doesn't match anything in the car, since the puddle lights are just regular lights, the interior lighting is regular lights + LED's, and the gauges/stereo lights are white and green. Blue kinda comes out of nowhere, but it looks cool anyway.
I thought the puddle lamps were LED like they are on the GS?
Old 10-18-05, 12:22 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Threxx
I thought the puddle lamps were LED like they are on the GS?
Actually I was pretty disappointed to find out that they aren't, but that was on a 250. I haven't driven/played with the 350 yet. The IS uses a lot less LED lighting than the GS does, but that's ok with me since the interior LED lighting at night sucks
Old 10-18-05, 12:47 PM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

base models have plastic cuff plates ( see picture of black IS posted by pocky at https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=182795 ).

I don't think LED lights have any significant advantage other than being the NEW light (the only exception being the rear brake lights due to their faster response time). Whether a puddle lamp or reading lamp is LED is unimportant, as long as it's bright). Who's going to bend over and admire a puddle lamp for being a LED?!
Old 10-18-05, 12:54 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jlin101

I don't think LED lights have any significant advantage other than being the NEW light (the only exception being the rear brake lights due to their faster response time). Whether a puddle lamp or reading lamp is LED is unimportant, as long as it's bright). Who's going to bend over and admire a puddle lamp for being a LED?!
They offer a lot of advantages, including using about half the power that a regular halogen bulb does. They also offer longer lifespans, and more efficient lighting paths.

The interior LED reading lights are PERFECT, especially in the rear. They offer sufficient lighting in your lap but they don't distract the driver at night.

I'd admire a LED puddle lamp; the VW's use halogen ones j/k
Old 10-18-05, 01:00 PM
Traturn
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You mean to tell me that they have three unique scuff plates? One for 'no package', one for the 'luxury package', and one for the 'sport package'?
Believe it or not there appears to be 3 different sets of sill plates.

base, lux, performance