IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Has anyone seen Crystal White in Person?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-05, 10:40 PM
NotFatBoy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone seen Crystal White in Person?

I have decided on the IS350 for my next car. Currently I have a B5 S4 (2001 for you non-audi people) and it is time for something new. I test drove the e90 330i and while I love the handling and steering the engine is simply uninspiring, bordering on anemic. Also, the iDrive is just such a turn off.

Anyways, the point of my post... has anyone seen the Crystal White in person? Does it have a metallic or pearl effect to it? I am not interested in the white if it is a flat color. Im hoping Flipside will chime in here.....

Right now, I think I am going to order:

IS350 Crystal White with Black interior
Performance Package
Nav with ML
Parktronic

I was thinking about the Breakwater Blue but I fear that color is too feminine....

Another thing.. I feel like the Performance Package should a separate wheel package
Old 10-18-05, 10:59 PM
1Violinist
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

I saw the Crystal White w/Cashmere. Beautiful color, made the car look bigger. I saw the car in the evening under the showroom lights, and it looked pretty pearly. I don't know how it'd look in the sun.

Have you considered Arctic Frost?
Old 10-18-05, 11:27 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by NotFatBoy
Anyways, the point of my post... has anyone seen the Crystal White in person? Does it have a metallic or pearl effect to it? I am not interested in the white if it is a flat color. Im hoping Flipside will chime in here.....

Right now, I think I am going to order:

IS350 Crystal White with Black interior
Performance Package
Nav with ML
Parktronic

I was thinking about the Breakwater Blue but I fear that color is too feminine....

Another thing.. I feel like the Performance Package should a separate wheel package
Crystal White is basically a White with a metallic especially in direct sunlight or certain angles in sunset. Not as dramatic or as rich like the old Diamond White Pearl but much more than the regular plain flat white. I have not seen it up close on the New IS yet, mostly been around Tungsten and Smoky Graphite. I have been around many Crystal White Lexus i.e. old IS300, old and new GS, RX330 and etc .

Great minds think a like! You have great taste my friend. That is exactly how I would order a new IS350!
Old 10-19-05, 05:03 AM
IS 250 FAN
Rookie

online the blue looks very feminine but at the show room it is this very dark blue which is very pretty (handsome) lol. The white looks good, they had a white one in front of the showroom at JM Lexus.
Old 10-19-05, 06:04 AM
Shades80
Driver School Candidate

Default Saw one

I drove a crystal white 350 with cashmire..not usually a fan of white but this one is very nice..has a pearl effect..the cashmire blends beatifully with it...may go this way as well but i just saw tungston pearl and now i like that one one too.
Old 10-19-05, 07:14 AM
GonzoBuggs
Driver

I had already settled on Crystal White/Cashmere before I ordered. My local dealer happens to have that color combo on their demo 350 as well. I think it's a real nice color. It sort of reminds me of snow pushed up against glass. It is very speckely up close, but looks like a bright white from afar.

I originally ordered the performance package, then switched becuase I was told that Cashmere would class with the metalic trim. While Cashmere is my favorite interior color, it doesnt seem to integrate too well with the black/gray trim of other interior components.

As for wheels, you arent going to get a size upgrade by going with different wheels, so I would stick with the stock 18's and expand your choices in the aftermarket.

Honestly, I'd be shocked if you could find a dealer that knows how to order different wheels. It absolutely can be done, but it seems that a lot of dealers are confused.

I have a few pictures of that vehicle at home. Please let me know if you want to see them. I'm also going to back on Friday to test my phone's Bluetooth compatibiltiy, so I can take better pictures then as well.
Old 10-19-05, 10:22 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crystal White is a beautiful color in person.

Here is a crappy shot of a Crystal White.

Last edited by pocky; 10-19-05 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-19-05, 10:38 AM
GonzoBuggs
Driver

Here are the pictures I took.

Old 10-19-05, 10:39 AM
brewkp4
Pole Position

Ok why did you have to post that picture??!!??!! I was already having a difficult time picking between black and bluen onyx, now I have this color that I really like also.....jk I am glad you posted it, I was originally pretty closed minded about white cars but now this one has really grown on me....tough decisions ahead for sure....
Old 10-19-05, 10:45 AM
GonzoBuggs
Driver

What these pictures miss is the speckle in the paint up close. I'm going to see if I can get some of those pictures tomorrow. Anyone considering this color should also have a look at Glacier Frost Mica.
Old 10-19-05, 11:01 AM
NotFatBoy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flipside909
Great minds think a like! You have great taste my friend. That is exactly how I would order a new IS350!
Thanks man! I have been lurking here for a couple of days, reading as much as I can about the new IS. Im a regular over at AudiWorld... its gonna be a sad day when I let my S4 go, but its time to move on. Plus, the maintenance on those cars *shakes head* .... no good

Anyways, thanks for all the great contributions you have made regarding the IS, it has been very helpful

BTW, how do I link an image in a post here? I dont want to add it as an attachment bc it only allows 100.0kb or something and when i try to do "[img] xxxx [/img]" it just comes up with the d9d image....
Old 10-19-05, 11:01 AM
lexusboi
Rookie

Default front license plates

The car looks great, but I wish cars didn't need to have front license plates.
Old 10-19-05, 11:02 AM
NotFatBoy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GonzoBuggs
What these pictures miss is the speckle in the paint up close. I'm going to see if I can get some of those pictures tomorrow. Anyone considering this color should also have a look at Glacier Frost Mica.

Ill take a look at the Glacier Frost Mica next time I go to the Lex dealership... and if you could post some up close pics of the white that would be awesome
Old 10-19-05, 11:08 AM
the lndr
Driver

I have the the white is250 and the paint is filled with very small metallic flakes
Old 10-19-05, 11:16 AM
GonzoBuggs
Driver

BTW, how do I link an image in a post here? I dont want to add it as an attachment bc it only allows 100.0kb or something and when i try to do "[img] xxxx [/img]" it just comes up with the d9d image....
If you get a photobucket.com account, you can upload pictures, it will auto shrink them and give you the [img] tags. You paste those tags right into the message body here on the forum.

Otherwise, you can use [img] to link to a URL like this ---> "{img}http://www.myserver.foo/myhomedir/mypic.jpg {/img}

The [] are replaced with {} above for obvious reasons.

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen Crystal White in Person?