IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Got a great lease offer on Acura TL... will Lexus try to compete?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-05, 08:52 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got a great lease offer on Acura TL... will Lexus try to compete?

I got an offer for 1500 down, 385/month for 42 months, 15k miles a month for an 06 Acura TL w/ navigation, xm, 6-speed manual.

I went to Lexus.com and even the most basic IS250 w/ only the 18" wheels (which I don't want but for some reason their website refuses to let me go without them even though they're an *option*) was quoting me a lease rate of $440 a month. If I got one I'd get a 250 6-speed manual RWD w/ nav and levinson which I think would end up being about the same or less than the TL in sticker price. Think there's any way a Lexus dealer or maybe a wholesale leaser could get around the same value?
Old 10-19-05, 09:34 AM
DingDingDao
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe if you wait 6 mos. to a year. Right now the car is so hot it's unlikely you'll be able to get any sort of bargain out of a Lexus dealer, as they can easily move any IS at MSRP.
Old 10-19-05, 09:36 AM
pocky
mooncake master

That is pretty good.

But I agree w/ DingDingDao. It's going to be hard to get a good deal right now. I was at the Lexus dealer last night, and I was there for about 1 hour, and they already pushed 4 IS's. I saw them all drive off into their new homes.

Last edited by pocky; 10-19-05 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-19-05, 09:59 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Threxx
I got an offer for 1500 down, 385/month for 42 months, 15k miles a month for an 06 Acura TL w/ navigation, xm, 6-speed manual.

I went to Lexus.com and even the most basic IS250 w/ only the 18" wheels (which I don't want but for some reason their website refuses to let me go without them even though they're an *option*) was quoting me a lease rate of $440 a month. If I got one I'd get a 250 6-speed manual RWD w/ nav and levinson which I think would end up being about the same or less than the TL in sticker price. Think there's any way a Lexus dealer or maybe a wholesale leaser could get around the same value?
No and here is why
1. Lexus is not a value or entry level luxury maker
2. The IS is brand new, they will sell every car they can at MSRP with no deals until the "newness" wears off.
3. I am sure in time, there will be a lease deal for the IS, possibly even advertised. But no where near today, the car is BRAND NEW. The TL didn't have lease deals when it was new (norr mmost any car).

That is a good deal. Rememebr, u get what u pay for.
Old 10-19-05, 10:16 AM
Jiggasgs3
Driver School Candidate

I would defintely wait for the lex. you will get tired of the front wheel drive plus that new IS is a fine looking piece but if you can get 15k a month on a lease go for it..
Old 10-19-05, 10:20 AM
GonzoBuggs
Driver

That's a good deal and a fine car, but consider the fact that this is the last year of the current TL platform and that the current model year has been out for a while longer. The difference between the '05 and '06 is minor, with the most significant change being the torque steer fix.
Old 10-19-05, 10:24 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

$100 over invoice is a great price, it will take a long time for the IS to get to that level. i remember checking out the TL last spring, when it had been out a few months, and the dealers were not budging on MSRP (other than the $500 Costco discount ). so you can expect the same from the IS for a little while.
Old 10-19-05, 10:28 AM
pelucidor
Driver School Candidate

Two weeks after the TL was first released I got a lease quote on a very similar vehicle (except no XM) for over $680 per month (15k miles, 39 months). Several years later it's $300 pm less...

Wait a few years on the IS and I am sure there will be some great lease deals.
Old 10-19-05, 10:42 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The IS is brand new, they will sell every car they can at MSRP with no deals until the "newness" wears off.
Originally Posted by DingDingDao
Right now the car is so hot it's unlikely you'll be able to get any sort of bargain out of a Lexus dealer, as they can easily move any IS at MSRP.
Lease or sale, the first time you'll actually get a good deal on the car (a few hundred dollars off) is when an IS model is kept on the lot for more than two weeks. Until then, the cars will fly off the dealership at MSRP. And even at that, you'll end up with a car that most people will turn away from, such as a rare color combo, bare bones, or the test-drive model.
Old 10-19-05, 10:45 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the info, guys.

I meant to write 15k miles/year, but I'm sure y'all figured there were no leases for 180k miles a year (15k/month)
Old 10-19-05, 12:51 PM
2ndGenIS
Driver School Candidate

Any idea if the December to Remember leasing event will apply to the IS? Maybe that willl be a good time for you to get in there for a deal.
Old 10-19-05, 12:59 PM
davezaristo
Lead Lap

the best i heard so far is $500 off msrp on the 2IS. However, if you already own a lexus, you get $500 more, which means $1000 in total. Anyone tried to pull off a deal like this yet?
Old 10-19-05, 01:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

if you want, just wait a bit and the lease price on the IS will drop

plus, don't pay any down for lease, that's a waste of money imho
Old 10-19-05, 04:18 PM
upbull340
Pole Position

Originally Posted by davezaristo
the best i heard so far is $500 off msrp on the 2IS. However, if you already own a lexus, you get $500 more, which means $1000 in total. Anyone tried to pull off a deal like this yet?
If I bought the 350 that would be our 3rd Lexus in 9 years. I've dropped enough hints about that and the fact that I think the 350 opted out is expensive. No deals but then we just have one dealer in the state. They did confirm the $500 off and said they may be able to do something with the price of the optional 15 spoke 18" wheels if I also get a tire package.
Old 10-19-05, 05:39 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only one dealer in the whole state????? that's crazy there's like more then 10 withing 30 miles of where i live........man i wonder if lexus will offer a good deal since i already have a lexus and my family has had so far i think 6 lexuses in the past 5 years or so.......

Quick Reply: Got a great lease offer on Acura TL... will Lexus try to compete?