Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be 52 in April
Old 02-26-13, 01:11 PM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cherishzm
I saw a mid-aged woman driving a white IS350 yesterday beside me and wondered if she would know about Club Lexus. Guess there should be a lot more older IS owners who don't even know about the existence of the CL.
Basically this...in fact I'd be willing to bet most IS owners are middle aged women.
Old 03-05-13, 03:32 PM
akosaurus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by trinh
20 years, finished paying off the car myself so i can finally get wheels

i can't wait until this happens for me too!!! only... like...3 more years lol
Old 03-05-13, 07:09 PM
lopaka07
Rookie

36.....or I'd like to say "the new 25" lol
Old 03-05-13, 07:17 PM
MzKaylee
Driver

somewhere in 20s Birthday next month / Female / IS250
Old 03-05-13, 07:50 PM
surensm
Driver

Originally Posted by ranorris2
I can give my opinion when I feel like it...any parent is an idiot if they buy their kid a newer luxury car for their first car. PERIOD. The kid is not in the wrong the parent is...
Your comment is not only ignorant but insulting and does nothing but demonstrate your lack of mental capabilities. You can spurt out whatever opinion you like until you get to a certain extent, in this case insulting caring parents. My Lexus is my first car and I am 17 and my parents were the ones who paid for it. You could argue that I'm being spoiled continuously complaining about the car but it is not the case. You see I wanted something cheaper, simpler, something not too flashy. Yet my parents cared enough to get me something nice, they cared and that's the point. Getting an IS250 as a first car is no doubt a blast and there's no way to express my gratitude to my parents. All I can do is hope that in the near future I can show them that I understand all they've done for me. Maybe your parents never really cared much about you yet that does not give you an adequate reason to insult people, in this case, my parents and the parents of the kids who got a "newer luxury car" as a first car. The parents aren't dumb, you are. I agree, it is your opinion, but guess what- nobody cares about your opinion. So you might as well keep it to yourself before insulting people's greatest treasure (although I'm not sure if that applies to you since apparently you never really learned anything from your parents, or maybe they never taught you anything).
Old 03-05-13, 09:24 PM
Joshohoho
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by surensm
Your comment is not only ignorant but insulting and does nothing but demonstrate your lack of mental capabilities. You can spurt out whatever opinion you like until you get to a certain extent, in this case insulting caring parents. My Lexus is my first car and I am 17 and my parents were the ones who paid for it. You could argue that I'm being spoiled continuously complaining about the car but it is not the case. You see I wanted something cheaper, simpler, something not too flashy. Yet my parents cared enough to get me something nice, they cared and that's the point. Getting an IS250 as a first car is no doubt a blast and there's no way to express my gratitude to my parents. All I can do is hope that in the near future I can show them that I understand all they've done for me. Maybe your parents never really cared much about you yet that does not give you an adequate reason to insult people, in this case, my parents and the parents of the kids who got a "newer luxury car" as a first car. The parents aren't dumb, you are. I agree, it is your opinion, but guess what- nobody cares about your opinion. So you might as well keep it to yourself before insulting people's greatest treasure (although I'm not sure if that applies to you since apparently you never really learned anything from your parents, or maybe they never taught you anything).
Originally Posted by surensm
Rather radical statement. Quite ignorant as well. I'm not bored, rather very hyperactive. I could have bought a faster car (in fact I was supposed to get an evo gsr but the plastic almost gave me a rash). Let's face it shall we, the lexus has an amazing interior. And it's looks are just gorgeous. Overall it's good an all but geez, how much more boring can a car get? I'm not saying it's not fast, you're getting it all wrong, it's just boring. Civic Si is not fast either but its definitely fun, and so is BRZ. I love the car and all but come on.
-I think I have too much free time.
Old 03-06-13, 06:12 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

surensm, I was just re-reading your older posts (specifically, the one about the IS being too boring for you), and I didn't realize how young you are. Now it makes sense why you think the Civic Si is more fun to drive than the IS. Lol

My dad gave me the first car he bought when I was 17. It wasn't anything fancy (1984 Chevy Celebrity coupe, it was 2001 at the time), but they felt I was responsible enough to own my own car. The way I see it, if your parents don't want to buy you (or give you) your first car, it's for 3 reasons; They think you're not responsible enough to own one yet, they can't afford to buy you one yet, or they think you should buy your own first car (to teach you the value of a dollar).

All parents want their kids to have nicer things than they did when they were growing up, but as soon as they buy their kid a nice car, all of a sudden they're the ones who made a poor choice? Since when did working hard to build a better lifestyle become a metric for how spoiled that parent's child is?

While we're on this tangent, a friend of a friend's parents bought him a beat up Pontiac 6000 for his 16th bday. When he turned 18, they bought him an S2000. Apparently, after they bought him the S2000, they told him that the 6000 was a test vehicle. Because he treated the 6000 very well (didn't abuse it, didn't get any tickets, etc.), they felt he deserved a nicer car. I think that's what I'm gonna do when I have kids.
Old 03-06-13, 09:05 AM
yungsters
Rookie

Originally Posted by sm1ke
Because he treated the 6000 very well (didn't abuse it, didn't get any tickets, etc.), they felt he deserved a nicer car. I think that's what I'm gonna do when I have kids.
So that's why my parents got me a Civic first! :P

I'm 24 (I have an '06 IS, do the math).

My dad's dad got him his first car and mine did for me. I'll probably do the same for my son someday. Some parents probably are idiots for buying their kids nice cars, but I wouldn't say all.

That said, I do sometimes wish I had earned it on my own... especially when talking to coworkers or others who had to do it on their own.
Old 03-06-13, 09:41 AM
lexuscrit
Driver School Candidate

I'm 29, sold my Lotus Elise SC for the IS 350, the demographics for the Lotus was a different age bracket however I feel the IS is more business / professional oriented even though in a younger age bracket.
Old 03-06-13, 12:47 PM
NormandyIS
Rookie

18. Had to consider putting my age up for a while because of all the criticism
Old 03-07-13, 05:57 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

^^ Seriously?? It's just your age. Nobody's gonna spout nonsense at you for being 18. Even if they did, it's the opinion of one person online. Who cares lol. This thread was kind of derailed, and now seems to be about "spoiled kids" with nice cars.
Old 04-04-13, 07:35 AM
blatinokid
Driver School Candidate

25/Male/2013 IS250

Quick Reply: How old are you?