IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Everyone paying MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-05, 07:26 PM
IS 350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know everyone is gonna say no way, but I am getting Toyota employee discount, fleet manager already told me it is gonna be about 4% under invoice, the only thing is I have to wait 2 more weeks to order, so they can make some sale to those people who already put down a deposit

and this is why I am buying the new IS not a Audi or BMW
Old 10-27-05, 07:34 PM
MatadorIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS 350
I know everyone is gonna say no way, but I am getting Toyota employee discount, fleet manager already told me it is gonna be about 4% under invoice, the only thing is I have to wait 2 more weeks to order, so they can make some sale to those people who already put down a deposit

and this is why I am buying the new IS not a Audi or BMW
That's amazing. You can probably get a totally fully-loaded 350 for under $40K very easily, probably closer to $38K. I wish I could do the same. That would bring my 250 AWD down from $40K to less than $34K!
Old 10-27-05, 08:53 PM
IS 350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tonyarous
You can probably get a totally fully-loaded 350 for under $40K very easily, probably closer to $38K
yep! the fleet manager told me it should be around $38k +/- few hundreds out the door, but i need to make sure about it, since he still hasn't sold one with employee price yet
Old 10-27-05, 10:19 PM
candyman99
Driver School Candidate

did you get the employee discount from a toyota dealer or lexus dealer? if you work at a toyota dealer, you can still get the IS from lexus? i know someone works for a toyota dealer, but he doesnt know anything about a lexus
Old 10-27-05, 11:17 PM
Onyx-IS350
Driver School Candidate

This is my first post...thought i should speak up a little. I'm a toyota employee and I have an IS350, Perf. Lux. Plus Pkg., and ML/Nav on the way (expected 2nd wk of Nov.). It's less than $38K...

I'm suprised there aren't more people that work for toyota/affiliate on this forum or is300.net forum. Are there?
Old 10-28-05, 09:50 AM
GMCloud27
Driver School Candidate

Candyman,

Yes, Toyota employees can receive the EPP discounts for Lexus.

(I'm just trying to beg and beg for the same for myself since I've been friends with both a Toyota and Lexus exec for some time now.....AWD....34k )
Old 10-28-05, 05:45 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am willing to pay MSRP because that's the only way I can get the car I want, when I want.
Old 10-29-05, 01:03 AM
06is350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kensteele
I am willing to pay MSRP because that's the only way I can get the car I want, when I want.
Sorry but you can pay msrp and still NOT get the car you want, when you want. I tryed and wasn't able to get the choices worked out with 3 different Lexus dealers. i.e. color ext, int, options, ML, seat memory, etc.
Old 10-29-05, 03:42 AM
MR LEX
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 06is350
Sorry but you can pay msrp and still NOT get the car you want, when you want. I tryed and wasn't able to get the choices worked out with 3 different Lexus dealers. i.e. color ext, int, options, ML, seat memory, etc.
ML is the only option that I didn't get but I'll get it when I trade-in my 2nd gen for a 3rd gen

Lex
Old 10-29-05, 07:59 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 06is350
Yeah you're right. My statement meant more like "the only way I stand a chance to get all the options I want right now is to pay msrp" so that's why I'm willing to.

My local dealer has promised me a VIN on Monday, exactly the way I want it. We'll see.
Old 10-30-05, 09:33 PM
candyman99
Driver School Candidate

so, i got a question, if you know someone who works for a toyota dealer... like 5plus yrs, do you think you can ask them to get you a lexus for employee discount? or it is not possible? anyone know? im wondering because i know their dealership dont own any lexus dealer, so im wondering if i can get a lexus at invoice from a toyota dealer for a friend? or he have to like lie about it and say its for familymember or somehting? lol thanks.
Old 11-01-05, 05:13 PM
IS 350
Driver School Candidate

well, i don't work for the dealer, but I work for Toyota Manufactoring, we get discount on all toyota and lexus except for all the hybrid
Old 11-01-05, 05:36 PM
Onyx-IS350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by candyman99
so, i got a question, if you know someone who works for a toyota dealer... like 5plus yrs, do you think you can ask them to get you a lexus for employee discount? or it is not possible? anyone know? im wondering because i know their dealership dont own any lexus dealer, so im wondering if i can get a lexus at invoice from a toyota dealer for a friend? or he have to like lie about it and say its for familymember or somehting? lol thanks.
As an employee of Toyota Corporate or Mfg. you are not allowed to purchase vehicles for friends. Purchases for certain family members (Wifey, parents, chiltlins) at employee discount, yes. As for Toyota Dealerships it's difficult to say because not all Toyota (i.e. Lexus) Dealerships are owned by Toyota Corp. Some are independantly owned but they take on franchise like relationship with Toyota Corp. Plus...I'm not familiar with dealership employees or if they are considered "Toyota Employees". All I know is that in California all dealerships are owned by Toyota Corp. (Lexus/Toyota). But I doubt all salesman are under the Toyota umbrella because they aren't at all very knowledgeable on employee purchasing. But this last statement might belong to another thread. "Car salesman "
Old 11-01-05, 05:53 PM
IS 350
Driver School Candidate

that's why when I buy my car, i have to contact a specific fleet manager that is gonna handle employee purchase not a regular saleperson
Old 11-01-05, 06:21 PM
LexManDC
Driver School Candidate

Post I work at a dealership

Hi guys,

unfortunately there will be no price breaks untill sometime after the new year. Lexus is shipping less cars than origionally anticipated. Demand is high, supply is low. At least now you have someone on the other side to give you a heads up ; )

Regards

Dave

Quick Reply: Everyone paying MSRP?