IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS350-From PDI to Home!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-05, 01:09 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by XanaduSC

Also will this car give off alot of brake dust?
That's almost like asking "does the car consumes gas?" lol

The huge 13" brake discs and 4 piston calipers in the front constitute to great stopping power but it will yield to a little more brake dust.

Just to give you an idea...the brake dust that collected on the wheel from the IS350 I drove back in August. Left: Front Wheel; Right: Rear Wheel. This was just with 40 miles of mixed city/highway backroad driving. Pay attention to the inner lip portion of the wheels.

Last edited by flipside909; 10-23-05 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-23-05, 01:46 PM
VitB6
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those spider rims are most solid. Do you have a choice in which 18's go on the car or is this an option? If it is an option, how do you get them and how much do they cost?
Old 10-23-05, 03:41 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

Oh yes, I see it Ryan. I agree though that is the price you pay for good stopping power. I have invested in stock in the P21s Wheel Cleaner Product, I've used that stuff for over 6 years now and it's the easiest and fastest stuff to remove that black brake dust.

This stuff rocks for wheels (far right pic spray bottle)

Old 10-23-05, 06:12 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

WOW. That looks real good. I think red is my favoirte color for this car. Incredible. Interior shots??

Man, those rims look great on just about all Lexus sedans. I've seen them on the GS and LS as well, nad they look great on those cars as well.
Old 10-23-05, 08:05 PM
GMCloud27
Driver School Candidate

I cannot even beging to THANK you for posting pics with the spyders. I've been trying to decide between the ISP, Spyders, or OEM 18's but it's hard to visualize the spyders without seeing them on the car itself.

Also, I, like many, am waiting for the CL store to come back but where did you get the CL sticker from? Are there any members here I can contact regarding them? TIA!

~GMCloud

Last edited by GMCloud27; 10-23-05 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-23-05, 09:02 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCloud27
I cannot even beging to THANK you for posting pics with the spyders. I've been trying to decide between the ISP, Spyders, or OEM 18's but it's hard to visualize the spyders without seeing them on the car itself.

Also, I, like many, am waiting for the CL store to come back but where did you get the CL sticker from? Are there any members here I can contact regarding them? TIA!

~GMCloud
If you were in CA, I would be able to give you some (SoCal - LA Area or NorCal - Bay Area) granted you come to a local meet if i'm there. If not order it the regular way here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=133666
Old 10-23-05, 09:39 PM
LDYNRED
Driver

Default Answers to questions

Thanks for everyone's kind words about the car. Been driving around all weekend breaking her in. In response to a couple of the questions, the wheels were purchased as a separate accessory but I didn't get any additional discount for trading the original 18"s that were already on there. Managed to get the wheels at 25% over dealer invoice (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=183009) since my husband works for Lexus. No sport package on the car, but ALREADY toying with the idea that it needs to sit JUUSST a little lower. Although the suspension is pretty tight as it is (compared to my now dearly departed 330i).
And for that elusive CL sticker, I had it saved from one of the CL meets we attended this year. Usually there's one or two people that have a stack and you just have to seek them out.
Didn't think that anyone wanted to see more interior pics, since there's so many out there already. But if you need that fix, I'll see what I can do
Old 10-24-05, 07:52 AM
VitB6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LDYNRED
Thanks for everyone's kind words about the car. Been driving around all weekend breaking her in. In response to a couple of the questions, the wheels were purchased as a separate accessory but I didn't get any additional discount for trading the original 18"s that were already on there. Managed to get the wheels at 25% over dealer invoice (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=183009) since my husband works for Lexus. No sport package on the car, but ALREADY toying with the idea that it needs to sit JUUSST a little lower. Although the suspension is pretty tight as it is (compared to my now dearly departed 330i).
And for that elusive CL sticker, I had it saved from one of the CL meets we attended this year. Usually there's one or two people that have a stack and you just have to seek them out.
Didn't think that anyone wanted to see more interior pics, since there's so many out there already. But if you need that fix, I'll see what I can do
So it costed you $2250 for the Spyder rims and you got zero dollars for the trade in of the original rims? Why weren't you able to get any money for the originals?
Old 10-24-05, 08:28 AM
GMCloud27
Driver School Candidate

Oh wow, 2200 if correct, is VERY high. For the rims alone, (not including tires which ran ~950), I was able to purchase (probably still am) the Spyders at 245 ea. from my dealer. If it was zero dollars on trade then I might as well keep them for snow tires .

Flip, THANKS! You're an awesome help!

~GMCloud
Old 10-24-05, 09:02 AM
LDYNRED
Driver

Originally Posted by VitB6
So it costed you $2250 for the Spyder rims and you got zero dollars for the trade in of the original rims? Why weren't you able to get any money for the originals?
The $2250 was if they were put on at the port. We bought ONLY the rims and swapped out the tires when it got to the dealership. I believe the rims alone are $225 dealer cost. Only reason I chose not to keep the old rims is because my basement already looks like a parts wearhouse and didn't want to add another complete set of rims (had a set from my truck that sat around for over a year).
Old 10-24-05, 09:31 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,272 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Beautiful IS, congratualtions. Those wheels look perfect, love 'em!

In case anyone missed the link above about requesting CL stickers (free!), click here

https://www.clublexus.com/decals/

If you don't get 'em, there is a sticky thread in the "site suggestions" forum to check on a status. Sometimes it takes a while to get them, depending on how busy folks mailing them out are 'in real life'
Old 10-24-05, 10:21 AM
BornFree
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LDYNRED
The wait is finally over! Got a call at 7 am from one of the techs letting us know that the car had arrived. We got to the dealership at 10am and searched the entire lot. Got to the back and saw that she had been cleaned up but PDI had not been done yet...

Sweet car...but do I don't think it will be safe around in that neighborhood.
It looks out of place.

Better tuck it into that garage ASAP!
Old 10-24-05, 10:38 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the addition. I don't think it was a big deal for Will to work on the car on his day off since I know he would not have wanted anyone else on it.

Better get the clear bra on before the front is no longer pristine.
Old 10-24-05, 11:05 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Out of place.

Originally Posted by BornFree
Sweet car...but do I don't think it will be safe around in that neighborhood.
It looks out of place.

Better tuck it into that garage ASAP!
Born,
That pic was taken in front of my nieces house in Santa Clara, Ca. Very quiet area with a low crime rate. In the garage, they have a C-Class MB and a Suzuki GSXR-750. Houses in that area run in the $700K range.
Just hours before this pic was taken, I was doing the PDI and mounting and ballancing the wheels. My nieces house was our first destination on the NAV. They were having a house warming party that day.
Will
Old 10-24-05, 11:09 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Clear Bra Install

Originally Posted by Neo
Congrats on the addition. I don't think it was a big deal for Will to work on the car on his day off since I know he would not have wanted anyone else on it.

Better get the clear bra on before the front is no longer pristine.
Thanks Chris,
Unfortunately Sam at Premier Mobile is very booked up at the moment. Next appt. thats open is next month.
Yeah, I didn't mind working on the car on my day off.
Will

Quick Reply: IS350-From PDI to Home!