IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Turn off the daytime running light

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-05, 11:21 PM
cooney
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XanaduSC
Well there it is. But having this info is not really enough, you either need the scan tool or find someone who can do it. I highly doubt any Lexus dealer will perform this function no matter what, even if you demand it and are buying brand new model, they still won't do it.
You're right, at least my sales guy says they won't do it at any dealership.

But I've asked where? several times in this thread, and apparently no one knows.

Not sure how people come by this very detailed info about just which menus to drill down and which version of the scan tool is required, but are uable to help with the more basic problem of finding someone who will do it.
Old 11-01-05, 08:16 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 107 Posts

Hopefully someone will pm you with this info. Just think as more people get the new IS they will use search feature and this thread will get alot of hits. But it is a popular question.

Tidbit info, When I was searching for my SC400 I specifically wanted a 98 for that reason, it was the last year Lexus didn't use DRL in the SC400, Coupled with that and I also wanted the 4 spoke steering wheel and wanted the VVt w/ I-intelligence too and the Nak system and I wanted black interior, so it was a loooong wait.

So the DRL is an issue for more than would admit. It's a personal preference, everyone will be different about why they like it or dislike it, but since it's not required by law then that makes it a personal preference where the consumer should be allowed to opt out. .
Old 11-01-05, 03:12 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cooney
You're right, at least my sales guy says they won't do it at any dealership.

But I've asked where? several times in this thread, and apparently no one knows.

Not sure how people come by this very detailed info about just which menus to drill down and which version of the scan tool is required, but are uable to help with the more basic problem of finding someone who will do it.
I can help you with this basic problem if you want to bring your car down to Atlanta...

I just can show you that turn off the DRL can be done at the dealership. You sale person blow the smoke at your. I've never heard such a thing about this issue, not even a memo, e-mail or any kind of letter from Lexus.

If this is an legal issue ask your sales person or the service consultant that don't want to turn it off for you " How come the 2002-2006 ES300/330 has the DRL off switch on the headlight switch?" May be all the 2002-2006 ES need to be ban because its got the DRL off switch.. This is the only car Lexus put the DRL off switch on the light switch.
Old 12-27-05, 02:32 PM
osomoso
Pole Position

Default DRLs

How do you know when the funeral procession is over?
Old 12-28-05, 12:03 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default DRL's can be turned off with a scan tool...

at your Lexus dealership as VVT-i states. This is the second thread discussion on this. Some owners see the value of having consistent front end illumination and others would rather not. If you fall into the latter group then have it changed at the dealership. This request is not that common and the DRL setting to off is not on the personalised settings list so the dealership may not be aware that it is possible either or be under some preconceived notion that it is not allowed. We have confirmed that it is a feature of the C-BEST settings yet there is no mention of it in the book. We tried the procedure and it worked fine. Thanks VVT-i.
Old 12-28-05, 01:09 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I asked my dealer to turn the DRL's off on my GX470, they said it can't be done. When I got home, I looked it up in the service manual and called them to give them the volume, section and page number that says it can be done. I wish I had the scan tool so I could do it myself. They tried it on their GX demo and of course it worked, so a week later, I had the DRL's turned off. But most dealers will not have a clue that this can be done, but from what I understand, any Lexus vehicle that has the Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) feature, can have the DRL's turned off. Now this might only apply to 05 and later vehicles because I don't think the earlier vehicles had the LPS feature.
Old 12-28-05, 04:03 PM
pita2go
Driver

oh yeah.. is there a scan tool that we can buy? beause i know you can get a Vag-com for my audi.. which i still have... and well.. i like to have the luxury of playing with my computer... hehe
Old 12-28-05, 09:15 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pita2go
oh yeah.. is there a scan tool that we can buy? beause i know you can get a Vag-com for my audi.. which i still have... and well.. i like to have the luxury of playing with my computer... hehe

Oh you can buy one but they cost a few thousand dollars.