IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

December to Remember - worth the wait???

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-05, 09:50 AM
gsko
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember there are no dumb questions, only dumb people , but when exactly does the December to Remember event start? Is it on Dec 1st? I was thinking it might start after Thanksgiving. Hey Octoberfest starts in September so it could happen. And does it generally go until Dec 31st?
Old 11-12-05, 10:34 AM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gsko
Remember there are no dumb questions, only dumb people , but when exactly does the December to Remember event start? Is it on Dec 1st? I was thinking it might start after Thanksgiving. Hey Octoberfest starts in September so it could happen. And does it generally go until Dec 31st?
I was thinking the same thing...that it might start on black friday, the day after thanksgiving but I'm pretty sure it starts on December 1st. I have a person from the customer retention dept of the dealer where I got my GS calling me as soon as they get in the money factors for the December to Remember sales event. If I don't hear from him by black friday, I'm going to call on that day just to check.
Old 11-12-05, 10:40 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

You're in luck. I heard it's going to start right around Thanksgiving sometime. And it'll run through right after New Year, probably around Jan 5.
Old 11-12-05, 11:57 AM
Phillip31
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sam Khoury
If you're expecting to get a much better discount off the sticker price of the car in December, you probably won't since this car will still be hot since it just came out. However, you can expect better money factors on the leases and interest rates on loans from Lexus Financial Services. The 0.00235 money factor that people were talking about is pretty high and you should see that go down in the December to Remember sales event.
Well i am planning to lease so wat is money factor exactly?....sorry i don't know much about this stuff.

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
You're in luck. I heard it's going to start right around Thanksgiving sometime. And it'll run through right after New Year, probably around Jan 5.
so it might start the weekend after thanksgiving....that'll be good!
Old 11-12-05, 01:04 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Phillip31
Well i am planning to lease so wat is money factor exactly?....sorry i don't know much about this stuff.
Ok, the money factor is the interest rate on a lease. Last I heard, the money factor on the IS is 0.00235. To figure out what the the equivalent interest rate would be, you multiply the money factor by 2400.

There's a lot of good leasing articles on edmunds.com at the following link.

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/leasin.....secnav.3.1.*

Here's one of the articles that explains how lease payments are calculated.

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/leasin...5/article.html

Then you can use their least payment calculator at the following link.

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/calc/Cal...ion=lease_calc
Old 11-15-05, 10:18 AM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default agree

Originally Posted by Sam Khoury
If you're expecting to get a much better discount off the sticker price of the car in December, you probably won't since this car will still be hot since it just came out. However, you can expect better money factors on the leases and interest rates on loans from Lexus Financial Services. The 0.00235 money factor that people were talking about is pretty high and you should see that go down in the December to Remember sales event.
I think this is a tough call to wait until december, thats why i got mine sooner. i was dead set to wait until the promo as ive done VERY well in years passed. the dealer convinced me that the residual was so high (over 60%) and that it had to drop soon. Plus, there was no guarantee that they were going to deal w/ money factor during the promo on THIS vehicle as its so new. They made me a very nice deal in the end that I felt was as good as i was going to do if i waited. I dont do leases negotiating sales price, i negotiate payment.
Old 09-06-07, 06:13 PM
djpheer
Driver School Candidate

This is an old thread, but i wanted to see what people thought nowadays. I am in the market for 2008 IS350 but the money factor offer im getting from the dealer is 0.00275 now. Will this lower when the December to Remember sale takes place? If so, I will wait and buy my car then.
Old 09-06-07, 06:35 PM
bulwinkl24
Rookie

i got my IS250 after the "december to remember" specials. i got the car back in jan 06, about 6 months after it debuted. i haggled with the guy and got the car for 33500 out the door and he threw in 18 in sport wheels and a spoiler. if you walked into the dealer today and offered him 500 over invoice, not only will he sell you the car but he'll probably kiss your a$$ too.

cars arent selling too well these days. the economy depends alot on the construction industry and we all know how the real estate market is going right now. it aint worth waiting for december. just get it now.
Old 09-06-07, 06:45 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Man this is a OLD thread! Good job searching though and not starting a whole new thread on the same topic! Yea Id have to say I agree, just buy the car at the end of any month, I doubt they will give you that much of a deal unless its on an 07 that they have been unable to get rid of.
Old 10-23-07, 06:47 PM
WayneGrow
Driver School Candidate

well, i've narrowed my search to an IS350 or an GS350... 07'
I'm not interested in Leasing only Financing.. any past experience in purchasing in a december to remember event? Do they offer APR specials?

I'm hoping dealerships will be willing to do anything to get rid of their 07's, i'm predicting slightly below invoice or at least around it... is that a safe assumption? Thanks in advance
Old 12-02-07, 06:44 PM
aequitas3
Driver

Originally Posted by bulwinkl24
i got my IS250 after the "december to remember" specials. i got the car back in jan 06, about 6 months after it debuted. i haggled with the guy and got the car for 33500 out the door and he threw in 18 in sport wheels and a spoiler. if you walked into the dealer today and offered him 500 over invoice, not only will he sell you the car but he'll probably kiss your a$$ too.

cars arent selling too well these days. the economy depends alot on the construction industry and we all know how the real estate market is going right now. it aint worth waiting for december. just get it now.
Well, now that it's December, any updates? Is it worth getting now vs in February?

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Man this is a OLD thread! Good job searching though and not starting a whole new thread on the same topic! Yea Id have to say I agree, just buy the car at the end of any month, I doubt they will give you that much of a deal unless its on an 07 that they have been unable to get rid of.
Comparing an '07 and an '08, what are the major improvements? Were the ventilated/cooled seats available in '07?
Old 12-23-07, 12:34 PM
aequitas3
Driver

lol @ my failed attempt to bump this...