The reason that I asked is that I hosted and posted the pic

Lex
Old 11-06-05, 06:18 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Fock, I want an IS now

Damn all it needs is a drop and some 20s. PERFECT.
The CF lip is NICE
Old 11-06-05, 08:07 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AmethySC
You think that's the Matador Red ? I think it looks a little different from the Matador Red that I saw both in person & in pics on the new IS & GS, it seem to look more like a custom red paint to me . . .

it looks different to me too, like a candy red
Old 11-07-05, 12:25 AM
Christian8
Pole Position

what about the other red IS350, is that the original Matador red? It looks a little different to me.
Has anyone figured out yet how they got the smoked tailights?
Old 11-07-05, 12:33 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dub is unreadable and most of the cars have pretty much the same mods. the sema car is terrible. I am thinking that the lexus demographic agrees. even though the IS is probably going to skew to the younger end of the lexus audience, I highly doubt that anything 'scrub' does to the IS will be appealing. oh and for those who have not driven an IS yet, if you really want 20s on it then your ride is going to be horrific. the 18s with the sport package are at the limit of tolerability as it is.
Old 11-07-05, 10:34 AM
vwong
Driver

Originally Posted by MR LEX
I was before the show "officially" opened so I wasn't able to get any info in regards to specs.

Lex
When I was there, I looked for the stickers. Those Volk GT-7's are 20x8.5 +44 front, 20x9.5 +37 rear. I forgot what the tire size is in the front, I think they are 245/30/20 in the front. The rear tires are 275/30/20.
Old 11-07-05, 02:27 PM
datboi88
Driver School Candidate

Cool hold up

well im from the south, miami to be exact. and the whole dub culture is big round here. its a part of life, an expression to show wealth. but in miami theres many different types of genres of car modification, so theres little hate around here. but if you hate the whole "DUB" culture, thats on you. but i personally like the look ( could of have a better body kit), i could imagine driving that around south beach having the windows rolled down and blastin my sound system
Old 11-07-05, 02:35 PM
4CYLNDR
Driver

Originally Posted by datboi88
well im from the south, miami to be exact. and the whole dub culture is big round here. its a part of life, an expression to show wealth. but in miami theres many different types of genres of car modification, so theres little hate around here. but if you hate the whole "DUB" culture, thats on you. but i personally like the look ( could of have a better body kit), i could imagine driving that around south beach having the windows rolled down and blastin my sound system

I guess in other parts of the country, people show off their success in other ways. Especially since from what i've seen, people in that DUB culture, by and large if you were to take a cross-section of the entire group, aren't people that are well to do, but rather, people that can't budget $$ and finance the sh_t outta everything.
Old 11-07-05, 03:00 PM
datboi88
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation

Originally Posted by 4CYLNDR
I guess in other parts of the country, people show off their success in other ways. Especially since from what i've seen, people in that DUB culture, by and large if you were to take a cross-section of the entire group, aren't people that are well to do, but rather, people that can't budget $$ and finance the sh_t outta everything.
slow down pimp, its okay to disagree with DUB culture and all. but its real ignorant to say what you said. you cant generalize a group of people like, not only minorities are into this. you be suprised to see how many "well to do" old farts ridin around escalades sittin high. of course you gonna have a cornball knowin fully well he cant afford to be doin dis, still try anyways. people are going to do what they feel, regardless of how people think. its their money
Old 11-07-05, 04:39 PM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by vwong
When I was there, I looked for the stickers. Those Volk GT-7's are 20x8.5 +44 front, 20x9.5 +37 rear. I forgot what the tire size is in the front, I think they are 245/30/20 in the front. The rear tires are 275/30/20.
did it look like it would rub the fenders? that is awesome if it doesnt. i was wondering how agressive i could go as far as fitment since im shopping for new wheels. id love to shove a 10" wide wheel with a 275 tire in the rear.
Old 11-07-05, 06:41 PM
NotFatBoy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by datboi88
slow down pimp, its okay to disagree with DUB culture and all. but its real ignorant to say what you said. you cant generalize a group of people like, not only minorities are into this. you be suprised to see how many "well to do" old farts ridin around escalades sittin high. of course you gonna have a cornball knowin fully well he cant afford to be doin dis, still try anyways. people are going to do what they feel, regardless of how people think. its their money

haha....

to do something like that to the IS is *imo* retarded. That suspension, slammed like that, is not optimally configured. You are better off with a Tein suspension (or H&R) that will actually improve your handling instead of hindering it. And how much do you think those wheels weigh? 30lbs each? Why would you put heavier rims on a sports sedan like this? you should be putting forged wheels on here that weigh < 20lbs.

I guess I just dont see the appeal of adding parts to your car that do little or actually hamper performance. There are tons of modifications you can do that will make the car look AND perform great, while at the same time expressing wealth (if that is important to you, and it obviously is in the DUB scene)

just my $.02
Old 11-07-05, 08:33 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 4CYLNDR
I know just as many people in dub culture that have more than enough money. Same as the people I know that have more than enough money in a stock BMW.
On the other hand
I know many people who struggle to make ends meet in dub culture and many people stuggling to make ends meet in a base 325 with nothing in it, just to say "i got a BMW". etc etc.

Don't generalize, your comment was way off.

You probably just watch MTV and think u know about Dub Culture.

And I for one, don't endorse it.
Old 11-07-05, 10:02 PM
vwong
Driver

Originally Posted by IS_250
did it look like it would rub the fenders? that is awesome if it doesnt. i was wondering how agressive i could go as far as fitment since im shopping for new wheels. id love to shove a 10" wide wheel with a 275 tire in the rear.
The front seems to have no problem. There was still plenty of space. The rear was very close. The fenders weren't rolled, but they were so close to the rear tires.
Old 11-08-05, 05:51 AM
datboi88
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NotFatBoy
haha....

to do something like that to the IS is *imo* retarded. That suspension, slammed like that, is not optimally configured. You are better off with a Tein suspension (or H&R) that will actually improve your handling instead of hindering it. And how much do you think those wheels weigh? 30lbs each? Why would you put heavier rims on a sports sedan like this? you should be putting forged wheels on here that weigh < 20lbs.

I guess I just dont see the appeal of adding parts to your car that do little or actually hamper performance. There are tons of modifications you can do that will make the car look AND perform great, while at the same time expressing wealth (if that is important to you, and it obviously is in the DUB scene)

just my $.02

i fully understand where you coming from. there's so much you can do with your car, thats why i like the aftermarket scene so much. everyone has there own taste and style, so people should respect that. i could careless how fast the car can go, if imma go do dub style. but if im goin to be in the import tuning scene, then all that go fast stuff will apply to me.
Old 12-30-05, 11:50 PM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

found another pics at their site (http://www.anceltion.co.jp/)

hope its not report..

Quick Reply: SEMA Auto Show IS350 "Dub Edition" IMAGES