IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Difference between VN package and NAV + ML?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-05 | 07:55 AM
OUMalibu
Rookie

Default Difference between VN package and NAV + ML?

I'm trying to finalize an order for an IS350 from the West Coast and had a question about ordering both the NAV and ML system.

It seems that the two can be ordered separately or as a package and that the latter is more expensive.

What's the difference between the two?

Thanks!
Old 11-01-05 | 07:58 AM
jmcphillip
Driver School Candidate

If you get the package, you get a dvd changer with the ability to play dvd's, dvd audio discs, dts discs. If you just combine them individually, you only get a cd changer.
Old 11-01-05 | 07:59 AM
OUMalibu
Rookie

So, to get the DVD changer, I need to make sure I get the "VN package", correct?
Old 11-01-05 | 08:00 AM
jmcphillip
Driver School Candidate

That is correct, get the VN package not the ala carte.
Old 11-01-05 | 09:46 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

VN is the same thing as nav+lev.
Other Lexus models have MV which also means the same thing.

It's just a code for dealers to view inventory in computer system. NV is nav only and that is what's been coming in.

When talking to your dealer, just tell them you want navigation AND Mark Levinson and they'll know what to do!

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 11-01-05 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-01-05 | 11:29 AM
maz
Lead Lap

I heard on the my.is forums that the mark levinson as a stand alone option has been canceled. It's no longer listed under "Individual Factory Options" on the Lexus.com IS page.
Old 11-01-05 | 12:03 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by OUMalibu
So, to get the DVD changer, I need to make sure I get the "VN package", correct?
VN = Nav+ML

The DVD changer is the indash 6 disc cd/dvd player which is ONLY available for the Mark Levinson packaged NAV units. There's only one kind.
Old 11-01-05 | 12:14 PM
OUMalibu
Rookie

So, again...

When I'm ordering my car, as long as it has both NAV & ML I don't have to worry about what I'm getting?

Or do I have to make sure that the "package" is ordered???
Old 11-01-05 | 12:28 PM
Toyota_F1
Pole Position
CL Folding 100000

Just order Nav+ML, you'll get what you want whether you did package or individual options because there is no stand alone ML option. More than likely the price break has disappeared along with the option so no matter what you order you'll get the package price.
Old 11-01-05 | 12:43 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

So, again...

When I'm ordering my car, as long as it has both NAV & ML I don't have to worry about what I'm getting?

Or do I have to make sure that the "package" is ordered???
You're confusing yourself. Tell them exactly what you want. Mark Levinson AND Navigation. don't confuse yourself with the option codes. There's a reason why those codes are supposed to be used internally.
Old 11-01-05 | 01:36 PM
NjDude
Pole Position

I'm trying to finalize an order for an IS350 from the West Coast and had a question about ordering both the NAV and ML system.

It seems that the two can be ordered separately or as a package and that the latter is more expensive.

What's the difference between the two?

Thanks!
Here is the Info on packages:

VN Navigation System/Mark Levinson Package
Includes DVD based navigation system, rear backup camera, Bluetooth capabilities including phone controls on steering wheel, Mark Levinson Premium Audio, 14-speakers (including center channel and rear surround), 6-disc in-dash DVD/CD autochanger, 300 watt 10-channel amplifier, 7.1 channel speaker architecture and DVD-Audio and Video with discrete 5.1 channel playback.
PS Lexus Pre-Collision System w/Dynamic Cruise Control
Includes radar based dynamic cruise control and pre-collision system that cinches front seatbelt and primes brake assist when a collision with an obstacle in front of the vehicle is determined to be unavoidable.
NV Navigation System Package
Includes DVD based navigation system, rear backup camera and Bluetooth capabilities including phone controls on steering wheel.
LD Luxury Package
Includes outside electrochromatic mirrors with reverse tilt, power rear sunshade, power tilt and telescopic steering wheel, high intensity discharge (HID) auto-leveling headlamps and rain sensing wipers.
ML Mark Levinson Premium Audio Package
Includes Mark Levinson Premium Audio with 14-speakers (including center channel and rear surround), 6-disc in-dash DVD/CD autochanger, 300 watt 10-channel amplifier, 7.1 channel speaker architecture and DVD-Audio and Video with discrete 5.1 channel playback.
PA Intuitive Parking Assist
Old 11-01-05 | 01:59 PM
OUMalibu
Rookie

You're confusing yourself.
Actually, was just looking for a straight answer such as a simple 'yes' to the second question I posed.

Thanks everyone.
Old 11-01-05 | 05:58 PM
jmartinace
Rookie

Default So, Does That Mean That...

A car equipped with only the Navigation package will NOT play DVDs at all? In other words, you have to get the Levinson upgrade for DVDs to play on the screen?

Thanks.
Martin-
Old 11-01-05 | 06:06 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by jmartinace
A car equipped with only the Navigation package will NOT play DVDs at all? In other words, you have to get the Levinson upgrade for DVDs to play on the screen?

Thanks.
Martin-
That's correct. You can only play DVD VIDEO on Mark Levinson Equipped NAV cars only. NAV ONLY cars DO NOT have DVD Video/Audio playback as an option.
Old 11-02-05 | 10:01 AM
skingsland
Driver

Question

So, is it even possible to order Nav and ML separately, and not pay the extra $500 for the VN package? Or is that not allowed? Because if that's an option, then I need to figure out if it's worth an extra $500 to be able to watch DVDs (when the car is parked) and listen to DVD Audio and DTS (whatever that is).

Steve

Quick Reply: Difference between VN package and NAV + ML?