IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Interior/Night Photos: LDYNRED's IS350

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-05, 10:37 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts
Default Interior/Night Photos: LDYNRED's IS350

For those who keep asking about what the interior lighting of the New IS, here they are!

The whole gallery: https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...y.php/cat/3422

Your eyes are NOT deceiving you, Those are the standard Toyota Green backlighting for many of the buttons. The LED accent lighting is similar to the setup in the New GS.

Old 11-01-05, 11:06 PM
Maximus350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Very nice Flip!
Old 11-01-05, 11:19 PM
heyheyhey
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hm.... it looks like that car has the Premium Luxury Package with wood trim and illuminated sides but it also has the Sport Alluminum Pedals thats found on the Sports Package... Can you get those pedals separately? Is it just a pedal cover or is the whole gas and break pedal piece different?
Old 11-01-05, 11:34 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by heyheyhey
hm.... it looks like that car has the Premium Luxury Package with wood trim and illuminated sides but it also has the Sport Alluminum Pedals thats found on the Sports Package... Can you get those pedals separately? Is it just a pedal cover or is the whole gas and break pedal piece different?
What aluminum sport pedals? Those are the regular rubber pedals illuminated by the accent LED underdash interior lighting.

No you cannot get those pedals seperately. They are one piece aluminum w/rubber anti slip inserts & steel. (pedal & arm). The aluminum pedals are straight carryover from the old IS300 which was standard across the board.

And yes it's an IS350 Luxury Package w/NAV only.
Old 11-02-05, 12:31 AM
maz
Lead Lap

since when are ugly rubber pedals considered luxurious? they should've made the aluminum pedals standard or at least an option.
Old 11-02-05, 12:34 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by maz
since when are ugly rubber pedals considered luxurious? they should've made the aluminum pedals standard or at least an option.
Well if you think about it. How often do you stare at the pedals while you are driving? Never.

The aluminum pedals are standard on the Sport Package or an option on the IS250 or IS350 granted you get the optional Sport Package. It all depends on how you look at it. The New IS is definitely a Luxury car first and sport second, whereas the old IS300 was a sports car first and luxury second.
Old 11-02-05, 12:39 AM
IS JOE
Rookie

Originally Posted by flipside909
The aluminum pedals are straight carryover from the old IS300
If this is the case, then you guys who want the "sport pedals" can just pop their rubber pedal covers off, buy the IS300 pedal covers and pop them onto the IS250/350 pedals. If they're the same size, then it's litterally a 2 minute mod.
Old 11-02-05, 12:44 AM
IS JOE
Rookie

Originally Posted by flipside909
Your eyes are NOT deceiving you, Those are the standard Toyota Green backlighting for many of the buttons.

Holy mother of God.... What were they thinking???

With all the prettiness of the interior in the daytime, and the bright and clean looking optitron gauges... why-o-why did they put in the toyota green buttons??

I just don't get it sometimes....
Old 11-02-05, 12:50 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IS JOE
Holy mother of God.... What were they thinking???

With all the prettiness of the interior in the daytime, and the bright and clean looking optitron gauges... why-o-why did they put in the toyota green buttons??

I just don't get it sometimes....
The green LEDs totally ruin it, seriously, especially next to the optitron gauges that look soo cool.

I'm sure someone will come up with an LED mod soon though.
Old 11-02-05, 01:25 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IS JOE
If this is the case, then you guys who want the "sport pedals" can just pop their rubber pedal covers off, buy the IS300 pedal covers and pop them onto the IS250/350 pedals. If they're the same size, then it's litterally a 2 minute mod.
Well, on the 1IS, I know that the auto brake pedal popped off. The gas did not. I can't say for sure about the manual pedals.
Old 11-02-05, 01:40 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
The green LEDs totally ruin it, seriously, especially next to the optitron gauges that look soo cool.

I'm sure someone will come up with an LED mod soon though.
I don't think the green LEDs ruin it, I myself love the green color. However they complement, rather than match, the optitron gauges. I think it would be great if the IS came with the option of having the LEDs match the optitron gauges like this:
Attached Thumbnails Interior/Night Photos: LDYNRED's IS350-edit.jpg  
Old 11-02-05, 04:30 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are they LEDs that are replaceable? Or Green incandecents? If its LEDs, I wonder how hard it would be tro replace.

autolumination has a bunch of LEDs. I replaced all I would in my 3000GT
Old 11-02-05, 06:31 AM
fz1
Driver School Candidate

Ok, I'm pretty sure my interiot button/gauge LED lights are white Also, when you have your lights on (and the interior dimmer is not clicked all the way to the right) the background on the GPS map changes to gray instead of the bright white and the dashbaord lighitng dims so the needles/numbers etc really stand out.
Old 11-02-05, 06:36 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

it's a shame that Lexus did not use the light blue/green backlighting in the RX--that would match the white/blue Optitron much better.
I know those brakelights are LED, but they don't look so in any of the photo. Do they look like G35's LED in real life?
Old 11-02-05, 07:34 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

I agree with ZeroKool.

That lime green does not match and does not compliment the rest of the dash lighting. I don't like the green lighting and had wished it was white or light blue.

It's almost like they couldn't decide what colors they wanted the interior.

* Gauges are white w/ blue pieces ODO reading
* Lime Green around the console
* Illuminated Door Sills look light blueish
* Red buttons around the seating controls

But it's those lime green buttons that seem out of place for this high class model.

Quick Reply: Interior/Night Photos: LDYNRED's IS350