IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

NE 1 here have Bluetooth with Sprint cellphone service?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-05, 04:08 PM
Dr C
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My PM 325 is sitting in the console of my new 250, plugged into the outlet in the console. The bluetooth works just fine. I really don't use the cellphone at many other times. I used it all the way to the Hospital this morning and on the way home this evening. It worked just fine. People could understand me and I could make and take calls without having to mess around with keyboards or nav screens. And, it only cost me about $70. That's all I wanted and I got it -- unusual these days.
Old 11-11-05, 04:33 PM
heyheyhey
Rookie

treo 650 works but you just have to update the OS and install the new firmware.
Old 11-12-05, 08:39 AM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sprint Bluetooth

We have Sprint/Nextel Bluetooth phones Motorola i870's (me and wifey), she uses hers in her RX and it seems to work fine. I got mine because my i830 died, and in anticipation of having BT in my IS. These run on the Nextel IDEN network though not the Sprint PCS network.
Old 11-13-05, 02:30 PM
nicoff
Rookie

To all,
I am considering purchasing a Treo 650 for the bluetooth connectivity (I currently have the Treo 600 which does NOT have BT; my Toyota Landcruiser has BT capability which I assume is similar to the Lexus).
Can you guys be more specific about how you are using the Treo 650 with the Lexus?
Here are a few questions:
1. If I were to place a place a call with the Treo from inside the vehicle, can I talk using the vehicle's built-in microphone? Do I hear the other party through the vehicle speakers?
2. I subscribe to Sprint's Voice Command (it is great) BTW). So if I want to place a call using Voice Command, I presume that I can use the "phone" button on the streeing wheel to access Sprint's Voice Command, Correct?
3. I have hundreds of phone numbers in my Treo (it is a PDA). To make phone calls do I have to transfer the phone numbers from the Treo to the vehcile's phone book? Can that be done easily without becoming a time consuming.operation?
Thanks to all!
Old 11-13-05, 10:05 PM
heyheyhey
Rookie

I dont know about the land cruiser but this is the case with the Lexus regarding treo650.
First and foremost you have to make SURE you update the OS and firmware of the phone. The 650 will NOT work if these updates are not done. After the updates it works fine
1. You can either make calls through the actual phone (when you press talk it automatically connects you to the car's blue tooth and you talk to the micro phone that is located by the sunroof/lighting controls.) And you hear the other party through the vehicle's speakers. Or you can use the speed dials or phone book that you transfer.
2. Not sure exactly what voice command is but you can assign voice tag's to numbers in your phone book in the Car and dial numbers through those voice commands that you assign with the car's bluetooth not the phone. You have to press the Talk button not the (phone talk button but the talk button with the logo of a guy speaking)
3. The phone book of the 650 can be transfered to the car in seconds. It was not difficult at all and the names will come out to look just the way you inputed it in your 650. The manual will give you clear instructions on how to do this. You do not have to transfer the phone numbers from the treo to make phone calls. You can also dial by number. I found setting speed dials was the easiest way to make calls... The voice command takes too long, (you have to first say "Dial by Name" then wait for the phone screen to load then you say the name... then you have to confirm if thats the correct name... then you have to say dial... everytime pressing talk button before saying anything...) with the speed dials you can press the phone icon on your wheel then it takes you directly to your saved speed dials (when you are driving) and you can just press the name on the screen.... much quicker.
Old 11-14-05, 10:41 AM
nicoff
Rookie

heyheyhey,
Thanks a lot!!
Old 11-26-05, 12:32 PM
nicoff
Rookie

Update:
Bought the Treo 650 and the bluetooth connection works great. I am having troubles transferring the contacts from my Treo to the truck phone book. I get lots of errors.
I have too many contacts in the Treo so maybe that is the problem. Does anybody know the limit of contacts in the truck phone book?
Also, how do you assign a number to be dialed by name? I missplaced the manual for the truck's navigation system so I am struggling a bit with it.

heyheyhey,
I agree with you that the dial by name feature sounds like a cumbersome procedure but I just wanted to try it.

Thanks!
Old 12-04-05, 05:49 PM
pwndzzled
Rookie

I have the Sprint PPC 6700 Pocket PC Phone, and the integration works... at least half way. I can make and receive calls, but I haven't gotten the phonebook to transfer and the reception/battery don't show. I have a SonyEricksson BT headset that even shows caller ID... kind of surprising that it doesn't work more thoroughly with the car. (

Is there anyone that has this phone who is able to get it to work fully? is there a special trick/workaround or something?

(BTW: IS 350, Sport Package, No ML)
Old 12-04-05, 05:56 PM
pwndzzled
Rookie

Another BTW: I really haven't spent much time troubleshooting or trying to get it to work. The level at which it works is still very valuable... pretty sweet, and not having to reach for the phone to answer or or dial is defintely a boost to safety. (I just really wish the caller ID showed up on screen)

Is this something that can/will be remedied by an upgrade to the phone? Or car?
Old 12-04-05, 09:22 PM
pita2go
Driver

actually no.. my friend has the A900 already.. it's a great phone.. wish i can get my hands on one also..

but i rather have teh A940... i dunno i guess... blah.. i have a sprint phone too..but has been giving me problems lately.. sigh..
Old 12-04-05, 10:31 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pita2go
actually no.. my friend has the A900 already.. it's a great phone.. wish i can get my hands on one also..

but i rather have teh A940... i dunno i guess... blah.. i have a sprint phone too..but has been giving me problems lately.. sigh..

I have the samsung a900, never tried the bluetooth connection yet.
Old 12-06-05, 07:18 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default IS Bluetooth is Gen 5 Nav and Landcruiser..

Originally Posted by heyheyhey
I dont know about the land cruiser but this is the case with the Lexus regarding treo650.
First and foremost you have to make SURE you update the OS and firmware of the phone. The 650 will NOT work if these updates are not done. After the updates it works fine
1. You can either make calls through the actual phone (when you press talk it automatically connects you to the car's blue tooth and you talk to the micro phone that is located by the sunroof/lighting controls.) And you hear the other party through the vehicle's speakers. Or you can use the speed dials or phone book that you transfer.
2. Not sure exactly what voice command is but you can assign voice tag's to numbers in your phone book in the Car and dial numbers through those voice commands that you assign with the car's bluetooth not the phone. You have to press the Talk button not the (phone talk button but the talk button with the logo of a guy speaking)
3. The phone book of the 650 can be transfered to the car in seconds. It was not difficult at all and the names will come out to look just the way you inputed it in your 650. The manual will give you clear instructions on how to do this. You do not have to transfer the phone numbers from the treo to make phone calls. You can also dial by number. I found setting speed dials was the easiest way to make calls... The voice command takes too long, (you have to first say "Dial by Name" then wait for the phone screen to load then you say the name... then you have to confirm if thats the correct name... then you have to say dial... everytime pressing talk button before saying anything...) with the speed dials you can press the phone icon on your wheel then it takes you directly to your saved speed dials (when you are driving) and you can just press the name on the screen.... much quicker.

is Gen 4. It does not have voice dial capability. You cannot have any parentheses in the phone number when you transfer and if there are multiple listings for a particular contact then only one will transfer in Gen 4. Sometimes it will invert the last name, first name. For this reason we suggest making a new group and sending it once it is constructed. First and most important is updating the version of the Treo 650's software so it will work and not drop off.

The Bluetooth in the IS250/350 Nav is the latest and I expect the ES350 and the RX350 to have it next and then the GS450h etc.

Rock
Old 12-07-05, 11:57 PM
kevp913
Rookie

Originally Posted by nicoff
Update:
Bought the Treo 650 and the bluetooth connection works great. I am having troubles transferring the contacts from my Treo to the truck phone book. I get lots of errors.
I have too many contacts in the Treo so maybe that is the problem. Does anybody know the limit of contacts in the truck phone book?
Also, how do you assign a number to be dialed by name? I missplaced the manual for the truck's navigation system so I am struggling a bit with it.

heyheyhey,
I agree with you that the dial by name feature sounds like a cumbersome procedure but I just wanted to try it.

Thanks!
Nicoff I have a Treo650 on Sprint as well. I struggled for a few hours trying to send contacts to my IS350. The trick is this: have LESS than 2 numbers for a contact and have NO parenthesis, spaces, or other characters in the number. (ie, 3105551234). You should be able to then do a "Send Category" from the Treo contacts program into your Lexus. It took about 30 seconds to send my 100 contacts over.

Let me know if you have any problems!

Oh yah, and my 650 has been flawless with my IS350. In fact, the bluetooth connection has better AND is more reliable than the Treo BlueTooth Headset from Palm!
Old 12-19-05, 02:56 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kensteele
I have the samsung a900, never tried the bluetooth connection yet.
Finally got around to checking the out, a900 works with Lexus bluetooth, you are able to dial out and receive calls. As mentioned earlier, the PPC-6700 works also so I'm able to get that working, too...just not the phonebook and caller id pieces.

Old 12-19-05, 03:10 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm using t'mob and moto razor

it work fine on mine.

Quick Reply: NE 1 here have Bluetooth with Sprint cellphone service?