IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

NE 1 here have Bluetooth with Sprint cellphone service?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-05, 03:22 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've gotten tired of moving my SIM card between my Sony Ericsson T68i and Treo 600. I have a Treo 650 (GSM Unlocked) coming from Palm hopefully before the end of the year (and with the firmware update). Hope it all works! *Fingers Crossed*

Funny thing is once I left my Sony Ericsson T68i in my bedroom and started up my car in the garage. The phone was at least 30 feet away, going through a ton of drywalls on a different floor of my home and my IS 250 AWD picked up the T68i without any issues. I was stunned and even tried making calls thru the Lexus. Worked flawlessly.

Definitely no real range limitation on the Bluetooth in the IS!

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 12-19-05, 03:49 PM
Cypren
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a Samsung i730 on Verizon service and have limited compatibility with the Lexus nav. I can transfer phonebook entries as a batch (but only those which don't have parentheses in the number -- that hasn't changed from gen 4) and I can make and receive calls, but I do not get the battery/signal strength indicators on the nav panel display, nor do I get caller ID on the nav for incoming calls.

What a previous poster said about Verizon phones not being able to transfer their phonebook is generally correct; the i730 is a rare exception to that rule because it is a fully functional PocketPC. It supports the OBEX protocol that Verizon usually cripples to force you to use their expensive phonebook transfer service.
Old 01-31-06, 08:08 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kensteele
Finally got around to checking the out, a900 works with Lexus bluetooth, you are able to dial out and receive calls. As mentioned earlier, the PPC-6700 works also so I'm able to get that working, too...just not the phonebook and caller id pieces.

thank god I saw this post. youre a sprint employee? I wrote ecare a week ago about that phone and they told me it doesnt work but that, wait here is the complete reply from a person named 'Bradd':

Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel. I am glad to assist you.

Currently bluetooth feature of the Samsung A900 phone does not pair up
with the Lexus car. Sprint and Samsung are jointly working on this
issue along with the different car manufacturers and this feature will be launched very soon.

When it is launched, you will be notified through a high-profile promotion.

now I am psyched to get this phone despite the problems I keep reading about on sprintusers.com . Ideally though the treo will be revised to take the power vision speeds so I can just transition from my current 600 to the 'whatever'. anyway thanks for clarifying about the A900.
Old 01-31-06, 08:40 PM
Karlos72
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The A900 works great with the new IS. I picked up my IS250AWD on Saturday and one of the first things I did was pair up the A900 and start making/taking calls. It's sweet

If only the caller id, battery meter and signal strength would carry over...that would be the icing on the cake.

Now I need to try it out with my Verizon Blackberry. I have been avoiding this so far since it is my work phone and I'll take any excuse not to answer it