IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

MP3 CD changer questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-06 | 03:16 PM
Phillip31
Pole Position

Originally Posted by diablo1
Wow, this is an old thread. I am about to make a couple of mp3 CDs, and I didn't quite understand this comment about pressing random twice. I definitely want to be able to skip ahead randomly if I don't want to listen to that particular song. How does pressing the button twice help accomplish this?
Coz if u push the random button once....it will enable the random function and choose a song randomly.....then when u push it again it will disable the random function.......so u would have to push the random button again to enable it back on and choose another random song

Coz if u enable the random function it wont choose songs randomly if u push the next button on the steering wheel.

Another way to choose random songs.......is to turn the **** on the right......by turning the **** it scrolls through the files
Old 03-21-06 | 04:16 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Too bad they didn't implement actualy randomized playing like on the iPod. That is one of my favorite things about my iPod. I was hoping to be able to do that without having to reach down to press buttons on the iPod or console... But I guess I can't get that from the in-dash system. Now I don't know if I should make CDs or just plug in my iPod...
Old 03-21-06 | 06:25 PM
Bobs SC
Driver

I am confused,. Does the stock radio play Mp3s on cdrs?
Old 03-21-06 | 09:13 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bobs SC
I think so... it has an "mp3" label on the console under the CD player... And it wouldn't be decoding mp3 data from any other source...
Old 03-22-06 | 05:33 AM
IS250-AWD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bobs SC
Not only does it play them but if you burn to separate folders (I name each folder the artists name) and press the "TEXT" button (non NAV cars) you can see who's singing and what song is playing.

Very neat!
Old 04-25-06 | 09:33 AM
acsan
Driver

I finally had a chance to play with this neat feature...now all I need to have is just one CD with me instead of a whole bunch! What a neat feature indeed.

Since I was lazy though and I really like the random play option, I just stuck everything on a single folder to make sure it works.

Can anybody else verify that the random play option is able to go through different folders before I waste my time creating another CD?

Thanks!
Old 04-25-06 | 11:32 AM
Phillip31
Pole Position

Originally Posted by acsan
I finally had a chance to play with this neat feature...now all I need to have is just one CD with me instead of a whole bunch! What a neat feature indeed.

Since I was lazy though and I really like the random play option, I just stuck everything on a single folder to make sure it works.

Can anybody else verify that the random play option is able to go through different folders before I waste my time creating another CD?

Thanks!
if u push and hold down the random button....it will play songs randomly through all the files and folders.
Old 04-30-06 | 01:25 AM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Phillip31
if u push and hold down the random button....it will play songs randomly through all the files and folders.
Awesome! Just the answer I was looking for. I was just re-organizing all my MP3s preparing to make a MP3 disc and got stuck deciding to make folders or not. I hate that the safetly features wont let you change folders when the car is moving but I also would like to categorize my songs if i just want one type or random the whole CD.
Old 05-22-06 | 03:05 PM
Kavistar
Rookie

Originally Posted by CarbonIS300
The ML does in fact support CD-R and DVD-/+R both video, i have not gotten around to trying a dvd mp3 disk yet...
Were you ever able to get this to work? I tried burning a DVD-R with mp3s on it, but my ML system did not even recognize it. I know that the manual states the ML system can read DVD-Audio discs, but is that just normal music cds but larger, not a folder hierachy style with mp3s?