IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

VA lexus

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-05, 07:01 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by heyheyhey
I was originally not even going to buy my car from pohanka. I was looking for a crystal white car and no dealers in my area could find one coming into their dealership anytime soon. I still however kept my deposit there and they surprised me and were the first ones to get my car. I told them I was without a car and needed one fast and was planning on buying from the first dealer that can find my car, I guess since they're the biggest dealer in this area they were able to get it first.

When I placed a deposit at lindsay I originally said I wanted blue onyx as my first choice... than Black as second... then white.... However when I actually saw the crystal white in the showroom I totally changed my mind, I asked them if it was possible to get a crystal white anytime soon and they said no. I ordered the same thing from pohanka and when I changed my mind they were completely fine with it and tried to help me find the car. When I tried to get my deposit back from Lindsay they said because I changed my mind on the color they're not going to give me my deposit until they sell the car.
I called customer service to complain and they said they can't get involved in actual transactions between the dealer and customers. Soooo I don't know what my options are now to get my money back.... the dealer said this was BS and they can't hold my money, so I'm thinking about contacting BBB. Not sure what I should do.
The dealer not refunding your deposit is absurd - it's a CAR, it's fungible; it's not a custom-made suit. There's a waiting list that goes around the block for these things. Call the GM and raise hell. Tell them that you're going to the State's consumer protection agency and will write a letter to the State Attorney General if you don't get your money back immediately. Then write the letter anyway and make their life miserable for the next several months.
Old 11-18-05, 07:07 AM
garfield20
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post The power of information

Originally Posted by YADL
First post after months of reading. Please be gentle.

Pohanka is the best car dealership I have encountered. Its service department hours (seven days per week) and free loaners put other dealers to shame. We bought my wife's RX330 from Jeff Cook and will definitely buy an IS from him if we decide to buy one. Not to sound like a shill, but Pohanka is the main attraction for choosing the IS350 over the 330i. Let's just say that the dealer experience for my 528i hasn't been quite as good.

For those that have purchased the IS350, is Pohanka discounting from MSRP yet?
I like to find out that too..

The power of the internet --
Here is some Sale department info in Pohanka -- Lexus sales department

To check the inventory list in Silver Spring only 7 IS available online
Silver Spring inventory list

Can anyone confirm the accuracy of the inventory list? Any other online list from any dealers?
I would rather they have a long list like the ES .. thats when they will give you a better deal..
Old 11-18-05, 07:17 AM
Advent
Rookie

Originally Posted by garfield20
I like to find out that too..

The power of the internet --
Here is some Sale department info in Pohanka -- Lexus sales department

To check the inventory list in Silver Spring only 7 IS available online
Silver Spring inventory list

Can anyone confirm the accuracy of the inventory list? Any other online list from any dealers?
I would rather they have a long list like the ES .. thats when they will give you a better deal..
John Pellezza is the guy I'm dealing with,he the nicest guy.....
Old 11-18-05, 07:19 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

I live in richmond va our local dealer is Lexus of Richmond they are an excellent dealer to deal with and they had a 350 in stock last time I checked. I would go with pohanka lexus mainly because i see so many lexus in richmond with pohanka liscence plate brackets and i here so many excellent things about them.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-18-05, 09:51 PM
NotFatBoy
Pole Position

Special ordered my IS350 (Nav, ML, PA, Sport, SGM) from Pohanka. This past month my grandparents bougth an ES330 Black Diamond edition from them, my parents bought a GS430 from them, and I ordered an IS350 from them. They are awesome to deal with! Highly recommended. Also, speak with Christy Lee ( I believe lee is her last name), she is such a pleasure to deal with. Tell her Marc sent you, she will know who I am.
Old 11-21-05, 06:21 PM
Molar 1
Driver School Candidate

Did you guys get a discount or any freebies from Pohanka lexus?
Old 11-22-05, 05:42 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

I was able to get a small discount on my IS350 from Lindsay Lexus, and I got them to give me a free center console lid. I wanted them to get me a Glacier Frost w/ black interior, but they ended up finding a Glacier Frost Mica, with Sterling interior.

The Sterling interior is nice, I am just worried about the amount of Dirt it will show.
Old 11-22-05, 06:50 AM
opmredwing
Rookie

Default Pohanka has been top notch!

I have been very pleased with the service from start to finish. I bought an '01 IS300 from Pohanka and because of the service and the rock solid cars I added an '00 GS400 to my fleet. Can't beat a dealer that is open from 6:00am to 11:00pm everyday and gives out loaners for any service done!

I just noticed that one of the sales guys was named Daryl Grant.... that's not the former Redskin by chance is it??? I can't imagine he'd have to get into the Car Sales biz after an NFL career.
Old 11-22-05, 07:17 AM
skingsland
Driver

Unhappy No sales on Sunday

Originally Posted by opmredwing
Can't beat a dealer that is open from 6:00am to 11:00pm everyday and gives out loaners for any service done!
Maybe for service, but their sales dept. isn't even open on Sundays!!! Weekends are pretty much the only time I have to go car shopping, and when the 2 VA dealers are only open 1 of the 2 days, it makes it much more likely that I'm gonna visit (& buy from) a MD dealer.
Old 11-22-05, 08:10 AM
flashsim
Rookie

I think Rockville also closes on Sundays. You may want to call and check.
Old 11-22-05, 08:55 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by skingsland
Maybe for service, but their sales dept. isn't even open on Sundays!!! Weekends are pretty much the only time I have to go car shopping, and when the 2 VA dealers are only open 1 of the 2 days, it makes it much more likely that I'm gonna visit (& buy from) a MD dealer.
Lexus of Silver Spring is open on Sundays.
Old 11-22-05, 09:43 AM
skingsland
Driver

Originally Posted by flashsim
I think Rockville also closes on Sundays. You may want to call and check.
Nope, I'm pretty sure Rockville is open on Sundays. I think ALL the MD ones are... What's up NoVA???
Old 11-22-05, 12:13 PM
flashsim
Rookie

Default Lexus of Rockville

Originally Posted by skingsland
Nope, I'm pretty sure Rockville is open on Sundays. I think ALL the MD ones are... What's up NoVA???
They close on Sundays

http://www.lexusofrockville.com/contact_us.psp

Pre-Owned Sales
Mon-Fri 9:00am - 9:00pm
Sat 9:00am - 6:00pm
Sun Closed

New Car Sales
Sun Closed

Service Advisors
Mon-Fri 7:30am - 8:00pm
Sat 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sun Closed
Old 11-22-05, 12:16 PM
skingsland
Driver

Red face

Originally Posted by flashsim
They close on Sundays

http://www.lexusofrockville.com/contact_us.psp

Pre-Owned Sales
Sun Closed

New Car Sales
Sun Closed

Service Advisors
Mon-Fri 7:30am - 8:00pm
Sat 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sun Closed
Wow, I would have sworn they were open! Glad I didn't drive all the way up there last Sunday, like I was planning to...

I stand corrected.
Old 11-22-05, 02:10 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Darcars Lexus of Silver Spring is open Sundays... They work their salespeople, at Darcars... It's a NICE dealership if they close on Sunday's, because it means they don't ONLY car about bottom line, instead their employee's.

Quick Reply: VA lexus