IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Ipod's sound via aux link

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-05, 12:57 AM
Eiso
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine from radio shack, yours? maybe your 3.5mm cable isnt good enough?
Old 05-07-06, 01:43 AM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

How much better would the sound quality be if we were to use this 1/8th head phone jack from the bottom rather than the built in one form the top? Anyone have one that can shed some light?

http://www.sendstation.com/us/produc...neout-usb.html
Old 05-07-06, 04:04 AM
madness
Pole Position

It will be better, I'm not sure how much you will be able to tell with the stock radio but you should hear a slight difference. If you don't believe me, take a look at this review.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipo...-line-out-usb/

ilounge has some good inputs on the unit. ilounge is a good site to check out reviews on ipod related items. Anyway if you are a true audiophile and really want it to sound better this is defintely worth the money. If you are satisfied with how your ipod already sounds leave it alone and stick with what you have.
Old 05-07-06, 04:49 AM
Cabby
Driver School Candidate

Not sure if this works in the Lexus, but we use this in our Range Rover:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=193794

Then a little DIN cable to the Aux in the car. Works great because that connector has a built in amplifier so you dont have to crank up the radio to hear it. That way when the NAV voice comes on, you arent blasted by "TURN RIGHT IN 30 FEET!!!!"
Old 05-07-06, 05:53 AM
Turkoman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kensteele
hehe, ok please fix your link title if you change your mind. you almost gave me a heart attack since i live and die by the ipod and i don't even own any cds anymore.
I am with you about the iPod
Old 05-07-06, 06:55 AM
is4me
Driver School Candidate

Here is a link to the best connection using the line level audio output on the bottom of the ipod...
it sounds way better then using the one on the top.

http://store.sik.com/merchant.mv?Scr...ry_Code=CABLES
Old 05-07-06, 09:26 AM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by is4me
Here is a link to the best connection using the line level audio output on the bottom of the ipod...

question...where does the rectangular-looking plug go?
Old 05-07-06, 11:51 AM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
question...where does the rectangular-looking plug go?
Thats the FireWire plug. so you can plug your iPod into any Fire Wire port on any computer.

I was thinking between the SiK and SendStations Pocket Dock. The only thing is I dont have a FireWire port so that would be useless to me. I do prefer the SiK tho. Because I've read that it has two locking prongs where as the PocketDock doesnt and can just slip out very easily.

Does SiK make one with a USB instead of FireWIre? I havent seen it.
Old 05-07-06, 12:31 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by EBMCS03
Thats the FireWire plug. so you can plug your iPod into any Fire Wire port on any computer.

I was thinking between the SiK and SendStations Pocket Dock. The only thing is I dont have a FireWire port so that would be useless to me. I do prefer the SiK tho. Because I've read that it has two locking prongs where as the PocketDock doesnt and can just slip out very easily.

Does SiK make one with a USB instead of FireWIre? I havent seen it.
Thanks for answering my question and sorry I'm such an audio noob but I have another question...Does this mean that if I were to use the SiK, that extra plug would just sit there and not be plugged into anything? Is there a way to remove that extra wire?
Old 05-07-06, 01:46 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
Thanks for answering my question and sorry I'm such an audio noob but I have another question...Does this mean that if I were to use the SiK, that extra plug would just sit there and not be plugged into anything? Is there a way to remove that extra wire?
Yes that is correct and yes you can cut that extra wire off. But it doesn't harm anything I would just let it hang.
Old 05-07-06, 04:04 PM
upbull340
Pole Position

Originally Posted by is4me

What makes the Sik connection with the iPOD better than just using, for example the monster 3.5 cable connection from the top of the iPOD? I just bought my first iPOD. And its only going to be used in my 350. Is the audio cleaner?
Old 05-07-06, 04:33 PM
DanIS350
Rookie

That looks great - my only issue would be the 7" cable length - how can that be enough to pull out the iPod and scroll thru songs without disconnecting it?

I'm using a 2-foot cable now, which seems perfect.
Old 05-07-06, 04:46 PM
Tuxlex
Driver

Originally Posted by EBMCS03
How much better would the sound quality be if we were to use this 1/8th head phone jack from the bottom rather than the built in one form the top? Anyone have one that can shed some light?

http://www.sendstation.com/us/produc...neout-usb.html
I'd love to get one of these PocketDock with Line Out and USB adapters.
However they only seem to sell them in packages of three pieces.
Is anyone ordering, that would like to sell one? PM me.
Old 05-07-06, 04:47 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kensteele
Yes that is correct and yes you can cut that extra wire off. But it doesn't harm anything I would just let it hang.

Oh ok. Cool. I just wanted to make sure that the extra wire didn't have to be plugged in to anything.

Originally Posted by upbull340
What makes the Sik connection with the
Originally Posted by upbull340
iPOD better than just using, for example the monster 3.5 cable connection from the top of the iPOD? I just bought my first iPOD. And its only going to be used in my 350. Is the audio cleaner?

I have the monster cable and trust me, don't get it. The sound quality is awful because the plug is from your head phone jack. I regret not getting the a plug that plugs into the bottom port (like the Sik) to begin with.

Originally Posted by DanIS350
That looks great - my only issue would be the 7" cable length - how can that be enough to pull out the iPod and scroll thru songs without disconnecting it?
Originally Posted by DanIS350

I'm using a 2-foot cable now, which seems perfect.

I'm not sure where you keep your iPOD but I normally keep mine in the cup holder. The distance from the cup holder to the aux port isn't that far. I have a monster cable right now that is waaaay too long and it's quite cumbersome to hide all of that wire. I think the Sik would be perfect in terms of wire length.

Old 05-07-06, 05:40 PM
phish2112
Driver

you can also turn the soundcheck off on your ipod and that will amplify your ipod to normal levels.

Quick Reply: Ipod's sound via aux link