IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Turn off those damn seatbelt alarms!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-06, 12:05 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Magellan
Now perhaps this would be a good topic for another thread, but as a law abiding citizen, you don’t have the option to decide what laws you will obey, and what laws you will ignore. You may believe that this plate issue is no big deal, but some nut down the street may decide that the laws against holding up liquor stores are no big deal either.
It's a free country, we can do whatever we want but there are consequences...

If the nut down the street wants to hold up a liquor store, that's his choice... But consequence for that felony is jail...

If we chose not to wear our seatbelts or put front license plates on our cars, that's our choice... But consequence is a fine...

I chose to pay the fines... I will break any law that is only an infraction (fine only) at my whim if it suits my purpose... It's my choice, no one (law enforcement or otherwise) can do anything to stop me except fining me, which will never stop nor deter me...

The following users liked this post:
sheetmetalfab (03-21-24)
Old 11-11-06, 01:53 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Driving across the street OR anywhere no matter the distance/speed is dangerous. You don't know what can happen. TRUST ME, I know. I am not calling anyone a bad person or anything, so no need to get defensive. But, like I said, its not my problem and I don't care whether you use your seatbelt or not
Old 11-11-06, 05:29 PM
Magellan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Technique
It's a free country, we can do whatever we want but there are consequences...

If the nut down the street wants to hold up a liquor store, that's his choice... But consequence for that felony is jail...
Well, I basically agree with you in terms of willingness to pay the fines when caught. Certainly, leaving your plate off would harm no one and is nobody else's business.

But is it? We are still a nation of laws, and it bothers me that the nut down the street may not be able to differentiate between this minor infraction and one more serious. This nut may be a kid who looks up to you. So as you drive by his house and he sees your front plate off, he may have problems identifying what lawlessness is OK and which are not. Perhaps you could pull over next time and explain it to him.
Old 11-12-06, 12:32 AM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

i think i'm the only one who can't get it to work. i get to the toggling part, but it doesn't seem to "memorize" it. next time i turn on the car, the panel reads trip A. guess it's not my day...
Old 11-12-06, 01:15 AM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it works for me... thanks!! reseted after I took it to 5000km services
Old 11-12-06, 08:15 AM
homer4598
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Magellan
Well, I basically agree with you in terms of willingness to pay the fines when caught. Certainly, leaving your plate off would harm no one and is nobody else's business.

But is it? We are still a nation of laws, and it bothers me that the nut down the street may not be able to differentiate between this minor infraction and one more serious. This nut may be a kid who looks up to you. So as you drive by his house and he sees your front plate off, he may have problems identifying what lawlessness is OK and which are not. Perhaps you could pull over next time and explain it to him.

Chances are the kid already has a disregard for the law by his parents throwing their cigarette butts out the window despite the littering laws.

Last edited by homer4598; 11-12-06 at 11:12 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 11-12-06, 01:34 PM
unknown2
Driver

Can you choose which side (passenger/driver) will be disabled/enabled?? In other words, can i disable JUST the passenger seatbelt??
Old 11-12-06, 01:41 PM
07Txlex
Pole Position

I don't think so.. When I did it, it did not have an option of passenger or driver, just off and on
Old 11-12-06, 03:12 PM
brravvo
Driver

thanks for the seatbelt hack guys.
worked like a charm.
Old 11-12-06, 03:31 PM
kenjimaru
Driver

thanks op, works great !
Old 11-13-06, 01:02 AM
lexuspdx
Pole Position

Sweetness!!! It just happened to me yesterday and I found this thread today. The chime is a gonner! Thanks CL friends.
Old 11-13-06, 05:49 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

Default no luck again...

2nd day in a row i have tried. and still no luck.

i can get to the on/off point. but the car doesn't seem to "lock" the option. i do choose 'off' and today i tried both 'on' and 'off' as an option.

to save settings, i have tried turning the car off. and unbuckling. today i tried to let the odo go back to 'trip' or whatever setting it chooses after toggling, then unbuckling and turning the car off.

when pushing twice to see if it dings, it still dings.

-- also when i buckle the belt, it does show up as 'off'. and then i can toggle to either on/off.

any suggestions? thanks.
Old 11-13-06, 11:38 PM
lexuspdx
Pole Position

hapaboy,

It worked for me. Here's exactly what I did. Print the instructions out and take it to the car with you. Go over in your head all the steps and then try it again. Good Luck

Originally Posted by terenshi
1. turn the key to the ON position which means pressing the start button twice on the new IS since it doesn't has the key, foot off the brake
2. Press the trip reset button couple of times until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B)
3. turn the ignition to the LOCK (OFF) position
4. unbuckle the driver's seatbelt if it was buckled.
5. turn the key to the ON position again press the start button twice. when the dash lights comes on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12 seconds. (editor's note, hold it more like 30 sec)
6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt.
7.and the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip reset.
8. the process should be completed when you unbuckle or turn the key off.
Old 11-14-06, 10:38 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

so i tried again tonight another 14 times. still wouldn't work. i get to the proper places, see attached pic. but car won't memorize it. maybe will have to come to a socal meet and tip some better hacker....
Attached Thumbnails Turn off those damn seatbelt alarms!?!?-img_0832.jpg  
Old 11-15-06, 12:53 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,072 Likes on 2,468 Posts

It doesn't turn off the beep when you get in the car and start it without the belt on. It turns off the beep that screams at you if you start to drive with the belt off. You can't get rid of the first chime, only the second one. Your b-oFF indicates the second chime is properly disabled.
The following users liked this post:
sheetmetalfab (03-21-24)

Quick Reply: Turn off those damn seatbelt alarms!?!?