IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Help! Getting IS350 in hours.. or weeks! Pics no=NO 56K

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-05, 07:58 AM
Flyboy71
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, you're waisting precious time where you could be out driving the car. Go with the SGM and never look back. Black is so....yesterday. SGM is a fresh looking color and it looks sharp.
Old 12-22-05, 10:54 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by ES3
Well I put a call into the dealer today and told them I noticed the scratch, they didn't call me back but I went back tonight late after work and it looks better, tons of "swirl marks" under my headlights, but no scratch. Guess that means they touched it up and waxed it? Sux, but it's a step in the right direction. I'm SO tired of waiting, I actually put the deposit down on this car in October!? I'm leaning toward just getting it and throwing a clear bra on it and enjoying it already. Maybe I can get them to throw in a 10k service or something.
dude, buy the car and end with it. You are giving it way too much thought. How in the world will you ever enjoy it like that. How do you decide where to park your car, what roads to take, heck how do you decide what fuel to put in? :-).

relax and have fun!
Old 12-22-05, 11:24 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And I thought I was ****! Haha, I know exactly how you feel, ES3, as I went through the same phase when I got my GS300 two months ago. I'm still **** and overly protective of my car, but I have learned to live with imperfections which are inevitable. I didn't even have my car for one week when the entire right side got scratched up by a fallen tree branch along the side of the highway. Took it to the dealer and they were able to buff it out, but they left swirl marks everywhere. Don't worry about those swirl marks as they shouldn't be too hard to remove by polishing. One thing I highly recommend is getting a clear bra on there as soon as possible. Already having several paint chips, one particularly deep one on the front portion of the hood, I opted to get a clear bra put on over this past weekend. Now I can drive around without worrying about getting pelted by rocks and other road debris.

Peace of mind = Priceless
Old 12-22-05, 11:32 AM
Traturn
Driver

Whoa, an RX330 with 17" wheels!
Old 12-22-05, 11:33 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SGT
And I thought I was ****! Haha, I know exactly how you feel, ES3, as I went through the same phase when I got my GS300 two months ago. I'm still **** and overly protective of my car, but I have learned to live with imperfections which are inevitable. I didn't even have my car for one week when the entire right side got scratched up by a fallen tree branch along the side of the highway. Took it to the dealer and they were able to buff it out, but they left swirl marks everywhere. Don't worry about those swirl marks as they shouldn't be too hard to remove by polishing. One thing I highly recommend is getting a clear bra on there as soon as possible. Already having several paint chips, one particularly deep one on the front portion of the hood, I opted to get a clear bra put on over this past weekend. Now I can drive around without worrying about getting pelted by rocks and other road debris.

Peace of mind = Priceless

Hey, thanks for your sentiments! I actually am less concerned that there is a scratch on the car, I realize that will happen, what I'm concerned about is that it's on it before I even took possesion. I'm paying them several thousand dollars over invoice for a brand new car which SHOULD be in new condition. This is the first EVER new car I've purchased and I guess I just really hoped new was the condition it would be in. Of course I'll love whatever I end up in, I'd just rather start from scratch...withOUT a scratch, ya know? I do know this, I think from here on out, it'll be MUCH better to buy used, that way I'll save some cash and expect imperfection from the start! Anyway, thanks for all your comments folks, I look forward to more, less stressful postings here soon!
Old 12-22-05, 01:32 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just get the SGM!! it's more modern looking, classier, and easier to keep looking good.
Old 12-24-05, 06:00 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Default Finally, got my baby, just in time for the Holidays! :)

Well it was a long time coming, I thought I had this car 3 times since October, first a color uncertainty...(my fault)... 2nd a quality problem (scratches) 3rd a near quality problem (minor scratches) but they buffed all of my fear away! I have more pics of the entire prep process which I'll post later, (I was at the dealership from 10-5pm! Loved every minute of it.) For now I just wanted to post a few of the finished product. Well finished for now, until I can afford a few things down the road.. it'll probably be a while. I'll post first impressions later, for now I'm too wired to think about it, snuck into the garage all night last night, had to pinch myself to be sure it wasn't a dream. Again, thanks for all your help! Happy Holidays!

Last edited by ES3; 04-06-06 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-24-05, 06:01 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Few more:

WAS GOING FOR A SOFT FOCUS, BUT THIS IS WHAT I GOT WITH THE POINT AND SHOOT... SORRY.

Lovin' that projector reflection!

Nothing too crazy, just a little fun! Anyone else have some good rubber burnin' pics/vids?

Vid Linkage:
poor quality (point and shoot cam) but you get the idea:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...99417520196771

Last edited by ES3; 09-30-06 at 06:38 AM.
Old 12-24-05, 06:30 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

wow beaufiful car! congrats! i am sure you will have so much fun driving it i love your blue Illuminated doorsill scuff plates!
Old 12-24-05, 07:59 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats and enjoy the ride.
Old 12-24-05, 11:46 PM
Maximus350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Well, it's about time!!! Congrats!!!
Old 01-06-07, 01:51 PM
TheSyndica
Driver

black my friend, black.
Old 01-06-07, 02:46 PM
CWS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TheSyndica
black my friend, black.
Gee, it's been 13 months; I'd think he would have decided by now.
Old 01-06-07, 06:40 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CWS
Gee, it's been 13 months; I'd think he would have decided by now.
It's all in my sig!
Old 01-06-07, 09:45 PM
viettho
Lead Lap

I would say wait for the black. Otherwise, you will regret like I did!

Quick Reply: Help! Getting IS350 in hours.. or weeks! Pics no=NO 56K