IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

any IS250rwd with HID?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-05, 10:02 AM
lucinda
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any IS250rwd with HID?

Has anyone bought, ordered, seen, or heard of any IS250s rwd with lux or sport pkgs? I have heard they are not even in production and this means they cannot even be special ordered! If there is any insider info out there, I want to know.
Old 11-27-05, 10:48 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You get HID lights with any package with the word "Luxury" in it. It also adds heated/ventilated perforated leather seats, AFS with auto-leveling headlamps, illuminated scuff pads, memory system, and wood trim.

Packages with "Premium " means power leather seats only (which is pretty redundant because "Luxury" adds the leather, and is now considered standard on all IS). "Performance" means sports suspension and it cancels the wood trim.

Ergo, you can get HID lights with:

LD = (Premium) Luxury Plus Package with 17" for 250AWD
LL = (Premium) Luxury Plus Package with 17" for RWD
LT = (Premium) Luxury Plus Package with 18" for RWD
SM = Performance Luxury Package
ST = Performance Luxury Plus Package

HID will not be available if you only get these packages:

PM = Premium (power seats upgrade only)
PT = Premium Plus Package (perforated power seats with heat/ventilation, wood trim)

Good luck with your search!

Last edited by PhilipMSPT; 11-27-05 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-27-05, 03:37 PM
lucinda
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
You get HID lights with any package with the word "Luxury" in it. It also adds heated/ventilated perforated leather seats, AFS with auto-leveling headlamps, illuminated scuff pads, memory system, and wood trim.

Packages with "Premium " means power leather seats only (which is pretty redundant because "Luxury" adds the leather, and is now considered standard on all IS). "Performance" means sports suspension and it cancels the wood trim.

Ergo, you can get HID lights with:

LD = (Premium) Luxury Plus Package with 17" for 250AWD
LL = (Premium) Luxury Plus Package with 17" for RWD
LT = (Premium) Luxury Plus Package with 18" for RWD
SM = Performance Luxury Package
ST = Performance Luxury Plus Package

HID will not be available if you only get these packages:

PM = Premium (power seats upgrade only)
PT = Premium Plus Package (perforated power seats with heat/ventilation, wood trim)

Good luck with your search!
I know they are only available with the lux or sport pkg (I can read the web site info!). Yeah, I know HIDs are not in the premium pkg. My point was, I have been told you can't even order the lux or sport pkg in an IS250rwd. Only the 350s and 250awd are being produced with lux or sport pkg.
Old 11-27-05, 05:37 PM
dmacneill
Rookie

Originally Posted by lucinda
I know they are only available with the lux or sport pkg (I can read the web site info!). Yeah, I know HIDs are not in the premium pkg. My point was, I have been told you can't even order the lux or sport pkg in an IS250rwd. Only the 350s and 250awd are being produced with lux or sport pkg.
Well, I certainly hope what you have heard is not true. I ordered a 250RWD yesterday with the "LL" package and the Mark Levinson system as a stand-alone. Both these options were on the dealer's list of available options. This is a fairly good-sized dealership, and they said nothing about the luxury packages not being available for RWD.
Old 11-27-05, 06:35 PM
Kailua250
Driver

I bought and own an IS250rwd. It has Premium Luxury package. That includes:
18"wheels, HID(With adaptive lighting), perferated cooled/heated seats, wood trim. I also got ML and parking assist. They don't offer nav in Hawaii.
So Luxury package does exist for the IS250rwd and I test drove one with sport package.
Old 11-27-05, 09:46 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lucinda
My bad. Perhaps it cleared it up for someone else...

I know that you can get the Luxury or Sport package for any of the 250 engine/drive configs. Maybe the inventory or availability of the cars in your area do not have such a combination? Make sure your salesman knows that such a configuration can be recieved or special ordered, or perhaps you can get in touch with a dealer outside of your area to provide you the car you want. I think there are quite a few people who have gone this route.

Good luck.
Old 11-29-05, 08:14 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Luxury Package 250's

According to the Build your Lexus on lexus.com there are NO 250AWD's to be had with any sort of "luxury package" - which means no memory seats or HID's. If that holds true thru the new year, I will be going out of area for mine...WHAT the HELL are the Eastern Area Reps thinking??????
Old 11-30-05, 04:30 AM
MatadorIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Johnny Mo
According to the Build your Lexus on lexus.com there are NO 250AWD's to be had with any sort of "luxury package" - which means no memory seats or HID's. If that holds true thru the new year, I will be going out of area for mine...WHAT the HELL are the Eastern Area Reps thinking??????
I agree with you. I know they made the 250AWD with Lux package on the west coast and the midwest.