Search this Thread

Old 11-29-05, 05:45 PM
MatadorIS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brewkp4
I put 3k-3.5k beacuse I forogt what the msrp would be for what I got :
Blue 250 AWD w/ navigation package and I paid $34,000 + $299 handling fee
* I could be off, but I think I remember the window sticker saying something along the lines of $37,500 w/o the handling fee....

They were willing to find me the same car w/o navigation for $33k and get it from a different dealer since they did not have any on the lot. I think I made the right decision (I really wanted the Navigation).....
That model (AWD + Nav) is $37,619 including destination.
Old 11-29-05, 07:23 PM
skingsland
Driver

Question

Originally Posted by Jatche1
the $3500 off is at rallye lexus. i had stopped in a while ago to get info on the new IS, and I got an email today from the dealer telling me of the discounts. I agree, the prices wont hold at msrp for much longer, and they seem to be dropping fast.
Jatche,

Who were you working with at Rallye? I'm in the DC area, and planning to special order an IS 350 for about $1K off MSRP, but hell... $3500 is a lot!!! I'd drive up to NY for that...
Old 11-30-05, 07:00 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Do you think it might just be a discount on the 250 because the 350 is selling better around here? Or maybe not too many people who buy the cheaper 250 model want to get the expensive nav option? Cuz it sounds like they offered you a car w/nav for $1k more than a car w/out nav even though it is a $2.5k option.
Old 11-30-05, 07:32 AM
Ratman009
Driver

Default Just shop around

In early November, I was told that Warnock Lexus in NJ would split the difference between invoice and MSRP if I custom ordered an IS350. Sticker on my car was like 41K (sport, ML, destination), and they were going to sell me the car at about $2500 over "true dealer cost" which would have been about 2K over invoice. I have not yet seen a single IS in NJ yet, with the exception of a gold (which actually didn't look that bad by the way) IS250 that was being driven to a press event by a Lexus employee. As another poster mentioned here, the IS is definitely going to be a small niche player in the sport sedan market. It is unfortunately too small to appeal to the majority of 28+ year old corporate types (male or female) as the interior space is just not good enough to make people choose the IS over cars such as the 325/330/G35/TL/TSX, etc. Me, I finally ended my debate and used my aunt's Subaru employee discount to get myself a 2006 Legacy GT, all loaded up. Car cost me about 30K with all my taxes, tags, and accessories included. It should hold me over the 18-24 months needed before the new 335 BMW comes out (and starts being discounted off of MSRP). 3.5 liter, 310 HP, comfort access will probably be standard by then too, all for about 1-2K more than a 330 now. I was just about to order a 330 when I got the word that the 330 (and 325 for that matter) will be killed off for the '07 model year and replaced with the 328 and 335 at roughly the same prices. I just couldn't justify the payment on a car that would be totally out of date in a year or so. Same thing with the G35 (which will shortly be replaced with a new version as well).

I've gotta say, with the 10-14K I saved by buying the Subaru over the IS350 or 330i, I'm really feeling pretty good about my decision thus far. All of you guys debating over IS250s/vs TSXs and such should really give the new Legacy GT a drive. Yeah, it may not be as posh as an Acura or Lexus, but if you enjoy driving, the car is a blast. Spend $700 on an accessport to retune your ECU and get another 30+ rear wheel torque/hp and you've got a low 5 second 0-60 car (with AWD and some pretty darn good handling, great safety ratings and a good deal more interior room), with 10K left over for new rims/tires and any suspension mods you feel like doing (or in my case a 50" Pioneer Elite Plasma TV). Fit and finish on the interior doesn't seem any worse than a G35 so far to me, and the metallic silver interior trim looks and feels identical to the plastic metal trim included with the sport package ISs.
Old 11-30-05, 08:09 AM
brewkp4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by diablo1
Do you think it might just be a discount on the 250 because the 350 is selling better around here? Or maybe not too many people who buy the cheaper 250 model want to get the expensive nav option? Cuz it sounds like they offered you a car w/nav for $1k more than a car w/out nav even though it is a $2.5k option.
I think you are refering to my post....
They pretty much did offer $1k more than a car w/out nav after the discount they offered. Basically, after the offered discounts, I had to make the decision whether the nav was worth the $1k- to me it was and plus I was still getting a discount off what the MSRP for AWD w/o nav would be too. The MSRP for AWD w/o nav is 34.8 something right? If that is true I paid about 600 under the MSRPof a 250 AWD w/o nav. I feel like I got a pretty good deal, saved a considerable amount of money and got navigation too...
Old 11-30-05, 09:01 AM
imageWIS
Driver School Candidate

Smile

I was thinking of buying an IS250 base, no options with the 6-speed manual, how much do you think I could get off MSRP / how close to invoice? I would imagine that less people are willing to purchase this car with a manual transmission.

Jon.
Old 11-30-05, 11:26 AM
4DOORFUN
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ratman009
In early November, I was told that Warnock Lexus in NJ would split the difference between invoice and MSRP if I custom ordered an IS350. Sticker on my car was like 41K (sport, ML, destination), and they were going to sell me the car at about $2500 over "true dealer cost" which would have been about 2K over invoice. I have not yet seen a single IS in NJ yet, with the exception of a gold (which actually didn't look that bad by the way) IS250 that was being driven to a press event by a Lexus employee. As another poster mentioned here, the IS is definitely going to be a small niche player in the sport sedan market. It is unfortunately too small to appeal to the majority of 28+ year old corporate types (male or female) as the interior space is just not good enough to make people choose the IS over cars such as the 325/330/G35/TL/TSX, etc. Me, I finally ended my debate and used my aunt's Subaru employee discount to get myself a 2006 Legacy GT, all loaded up. Car cost me about 30K with all my taxes, tags, and accessories included. It should hold me over the 18-24 months needed before the new 335 BMW comes out (and starts being discounted off of MSRP). 3.5 liter, 310 HP, comfort access will probably be standard by then too, all for about 1-2K more than a 330 now. I was just about to order a 330 when I got the word that the 330 (and 325 for that matter) will be killed off for the '07 model year and replaced with the 328 and 335 at roughly the same prices. I just couldn't justify the payment on a car that would be totally out of date in a year or so. Same thing with the G35 (which will shortly be replaced with a new version as well).

I've gotta say, with the 10-14K I saved by buying the Subaru over the IS350 or 330i, I'm really feeling pretty good about my decision thus far. All of you guys debating over IS250s/vs TSXs and such should really give the new Legacy GT a drive. Yeah, it may not be as posh as an Acura or Lexus, but if you enjoy driving, the car is a blast. Spend $700 on an accessport to retune your ECU and get another 30+ rear wheel torque/hp and you've got a low 5 second 0-60 car (with AWD and some pretty darn good handling, great safety ratings and a good deal more interior room), with 10K left over for new rims/tires and any suspension mods you feel like doing (or in my case a 50" Pioneer Elite Plasma TV). Fit and finish on the interior doesn't seem any worse than a G35 so far to me, and the metallic silver interior trim looks and feels identical to the plastic metal trim included with the sport package ISs.
You are right about the Legacy GT. It's a pretty sweet car and can easily be driven year round in the midwest. It's pretty lame that the new IS has faux plastic trim to simulate the look of aluminum. The G35 used to get slammed for that and they put real aluminum trim in the '05's. I expect real aluminum trim over plastic for a $30K plus car. I also expect seat memory for $30K, but you can't get it in the Legacy. My wife and drive each other's car quite often and I have come to love seat memory. She is 5'4" and I am 6 ft. I was hoping Subaru would add seat memory to their Spec. B, but they didn't.

If only Subaru would bring the Legacy STi to the states!
Old 11-30-05, 11:57 AM
clubfoot
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is going a little off topic as well but yes, the manual LGT Limited is a very good ride for the money, test drove it twice and would have bought one except for the IS350. There are lots of goodies out there for them as well, but it was the small things like the A/C unit problems, squeaks and rattles, that dampened my spirit. Don't get me wrong I would have still bought it just for the AWD system, but one drive in the IS sealed its fate If only I could have gotten a Spec B in Canada,....
Old 12-06-05, 04:51 PM
bhuwan
Pole Position

I have been offered $37,980.00 ($40,164.00 OTD = includes TTL and 140 dealer doc fees) for a
2006 IS250AWD w/Nav, Mark Levinson, LUX pkg, park assist, headlamp washers,.
Of course the package would have to be ordered but the dealer said he can maybe get it in 4-6 weeks. They seem very cool about it and the price is amazing.

What does everyone think?approx +1700 over invoice
Old 12-06-05, 04:55 PM
MatadorIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bhuwan
I have been offered $37,980.00 ($40,164.00 OTD = includes TTL and 140 dealer doc fees) for a
2006 IS250AWD w/Nav, Mark Levinson, LUX pkg, park assist, headlamp washers,.
Of course the package would have to be ordered but the dealer said he can maybe get it in 4-6 weeks. They seem very cool about it and the price is amazing.

What does everyone think?approx +1700 over invoice
What dealer is that? That's $4,384 off MSRP!!
Old 12-06-05, 04:59 PM
krs71
Rookie

Originally Posted by MatadorIS
That model (AWD + Nav) is $37,619 including destination.

Did this come with the LT package as standard? I went to my local dealer and all the car come with LT or LP packages.......only option everyone asks me is if I want nav or not, is there a way to tell whether it's nav or nav/ml package?
Old 12-06-05, 05:10 PM
krs71
Rookie

I'm confused, I went to the lexus website to configure my IS 250 AWD, and I don't see any ML system mentioned, only that there is 13 speaker system. Also when I look at the option menu it only has 3, one is PDC, next is Nav w/addn't options and the third is nav with additional options + PDC..........no mention of ML system.......anyway full price comes to 38119 MSRP..........am I missing something?
Old 12-06-05, 05:24 PM
Spy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by krs71
I'm confused, I went to the lexus website to configure my IS 250 AWD, and I don't see any ML system mentioned, only that there is 13 speaker system. Also when I look at the option menu it only has 3, one is PDC, next is Nav w/addn't options and the third is nav with additional options + PDC..........no mention of ML system.......anyway full price comes to 38119 MSRP..........am I missing something?
You have to use a different zip code. I get different build options in Delaware, Ohio, Florida, California, etc. I don't know why Lexus is doing this. I want a IS250 AWD with the HID's, can't get it in the Northeast area (maybe special order), but I can in Ohio. . In the Northeast there isn't an option for a IS250 RWD w/nav, but you can get that in Florida.
Old 12-06-05, 05:30 PM
krs71
Rookie

now that's screwed up....as you change the zip the price for the options go up but the option list is the same......

Last edited by krs71; 12-06-05 at 05:34 PM.
Old 12-06-05, 05:55 PM
MatadorIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by krs71
Did this come with the LT package as standard? I went to my local dealer and all the car come with LT or LP packages.......only option everyone asks me is if I want nav or not, is there a way to tell whether it's nav or nav/ml package?
First, there is no LP package. LT is the Luxury package + 18" wheels for the RWD models only.

The only Luxury package for the AWD car is the LD package (Luxury + 17" wheels for AWD). In the northeast, there are no luxury package AWD's available. There are in the midwest and west coast only, right now.

Your dealer is right in that the only "option" in the northeast is Nav. All the AWD models are coming with Park Assist here, so Nav is the only other available option.

Quick Reply: Big Discounts on IS