IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Big Discounts on IS

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-05, 12:52 PM
Jatche1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Discounts on IS

I'm seeing ads for the December to Remember event, and one dealer in NY is offering up to $3500 off the IS350. Perhaps I will grab one while this deal lasts. Are the new IS's not selling up to expectations? I didnt expect such a deal so soon.
Old 11-29-05, 01:00 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Which dealer???
Old 11-29-05, 01:01 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That is a big discount for the IS350 (MSRP = $35,440). That's decreasing it near invoice (Invoice = $31,186). That means they are only charging $754 above invoice. If it's true, go for it!

Make sure it isn't the last of the 2005 IS300s that are being discounted, as Lexus is trying to get rid of those quickly...
Old 11-29-05, 01:13 PM
IS 250 FAN
Rookie

i was offered 1500 above invoice. but i couldnt wait till december 3rd so i got a fully loaded 330i.
Old 11-29-05, 01:16 PM
brewkp4
Pole Position

I was able to get $ 3,000-3,500 off MSRP for an 250 AWD with navigation (Blue onyx with black interior).....it was only because the car had been on the lot for a couple weeks...I originally was looking into getting with out navigation because it would be cheaper, but this deal was too good to pass up.....I think the only reason I got the deal was because it was on the lot, had they needed to transfer from within the region I do not believe I would have come close to getting the same deal....
Old 11-29-05, 02:12 PM
Toyota_F1
Pole Position

Maybe they're just being nice....

The IS is currently selling at 105% of plan overall so I can't imagine that would be the reason.
Old 11-29-05, 03:18 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

I don't know, sounds too good to be true to me... I'm skeptical of <$1000 over invoice on a car that came out 6 weeks ago and is exceeding sales projections.
Old 11-29-05, 03:25 PM
hashs99
Driver

Originally Posted by brewkp4
I was able to get $ 3,000-3,500 off MSRP for an 250 AWD with navigation (Blue onyx with black interior).....it was only because the car had been on the lot for a couple weeks...I originally was looking into getting with out navigation because it would be cheaper, but this deal was too good to pass up.....I think the only reason I got the deal was because it was on the lot, had they needed to transfer from within the region I do not believe I would have come close to getting the same deal....
which is it??? 3k or 3500???

My business partner and I purchased 2 IS's and only got $500 off each.
Old 11-29-05, 03:43 PM
ACS_Ken
Driver School Candidate

I was out at a dealer here in socal and speaking with the salesguy, he said 1500-2000 off MSRP right off the bat for either the IS 350 or 250. Which means he can do much better than that so maybe 3k-3.5K is possible
Old 11-29-05, 03:54 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure you can get these prices for vehicles off the lot. Dealerships need to move cars and this is a perfect way to do it. It wasn't an option for me, the 350 I drive wasn't about to be sitting on a lot here in Kansas City according to my dealership. Unfortunately I had to pay MSRP to get it exactly like I wanted it. Hopefully this car is nice enough that I can afford to wait until a new model has been introduced and subsequently discounted before I develop the total impatience of having to buy it now.
Old 11-29-05, 04:17 PM
4DOORFUN
Driver School Candidate

For those of you who think prices are holding at near MSRP, how long until they sell for just slightly over invoice?

I say by earler summer you will be able to get an IS 350 for a few hundred over invoice or invoice alone. Let's face it, the market for the IS is small. Not too many people want to pay $35K-$45K for a sports sedan that cannot comfortable seat four adults. The TL, G35, 330i, A4, & Passat all have larger interiors. For the family that really wants to spend $40K, the 330i is going to be a viable option because of better rear seat room and BMW branding.

The IS is selling at near MSRP right now simply because of hype and major marketing by Lexus. Prices will drop soon. I don't believe in paying very much over invoice for a car unless it was just released. That's why I'll wait until prices drop. Lexus still makes 2% on dealer holdback even if they sell the car to you at invoice. I might be willing to give a salesman $500 over invoice for doing some paperwork, but that's about it. I typically know more about the car then the saleperson anyway so I don't see their value in the whole process. When I drove the IS last weekend, not only did I know more about the car than the salesman, I also knew more about the competition - 330i, G35, etc. That's pretty typical and also sad. Same thing happend when I drove the G35 and it's been around for much longer.
Old 11-29-05, 04:49 PM
Jatche1
Driver School Candidate

Default rallye

the $3500 off is at rallye lexus. i had stopped in a while ago to get info on the new IS, and I got an email today from the dealer telling me of the discounts. I agree, the prices wont hold at msrp for much longer, and they seem to be dropping fast.
Old 11-29-05, 04:50 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by 4DOORFUN
For those of you who think prices are holding at near MSRP, how long until they sell for just slightly over invoice?

I say by earler summer you will be able to get an IS 350 for a few hundred over invoice or invoice alone. Let's face it, the market for the IS is small. Not too many people want to pay $35K-$45K for a sports sedan that cannot comfortable seat four adults. The TL, G35, 330i, A4, & Passat all have larger interiors. For the family that really wants to spend $40K, the 330i is going to be a viable option because of better rear seat room and BMW branding.

The IS is selling at near MSRP right now simply because of hype and major marketing by Lexus. Prices will drop soon. I don't believe in paying very much over invoice for a car unless it was just released. That's why I'll wait until prices drop. Lexus still makes 2% on dealer holdback even if they sell the car to you at invoice. I might be willing to give a salesman $500 over invoice for doing some paperwork, but that's about it. I typically know more about the car then the saleperson anyway so I don't see their value in the whole process. When I drove the IS last weekend, not only did I know more about the car than the salesman, I also knew more about the competition - 330i, G35, etc. That's pretty typical and also sad. Same thing happend when I drove the G35 and it's been around for much longer.
heh, actually, Toyota is very good with limiting supply when demand is low. Reason you will ALWAYS see dealer discounts at Lexus, is that Lexus dealers are the richest in business and sell most cars ($$$) per dealer.

And IS is not an limited supply car, so there will be plenty of them on the lots, as it should be.

I doubt Lexus will have problems selling their projected numbers, and I bet their projections will rise for next year...
Old 11-29-05, 05:03 PM
rdrunner
Rookie

I have to agree.. I think come 2006 Jan there will be a much better supply of IS's. Then the prices will continue to come down to NORMAL values since most of the people willing to pay MSRP will have gotten their cars.
Old 11-29-05, 05:39 PM
brewkp4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hashs99
which is it??? 3k or 3500???

My business partner and I purchased 2 IS's and only got $500 off each.
I put 3k-3.5k beacuse I forogt what the msrp would be for what I got :
Blue 250 AWD w/ navigation package and I paid $34,000 + $299 handling fee
* I could be off, but I think I remember the window sticker saying something along the lines of $37,500 w/o the handling fee....

They were willing to find me the same car w/o navigation for $33k and get it from a different dealer since they did not have any on the lot. I think I made the right decision (I really wanted the Navigation).....

Quick Reply: Big Discounts on IS