IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Tilting side mirrors...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-06, 01:55 AM
islandsnow
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is this confirmed? because on mine, no matter if i put it to the right or left, it both always tilts. i can have it not tilt by putting the button in the middle. but its either both tilt or no tilt.

Originally Posted by anonymous
Okay I just tested the mirrors earlier tonight.

1. To set the mirrors so they DON'T tilt down: leave the mirror button in the MIDDLE and they won't tilt in reverse

2. To make the RIGHT mirror tilt only: leave the mirror adjustment button pressed down on the LEFT mirror adjustment setting

3. To make BOTH mirros tilt down: leave the mirror adjustment button on the RIGHT mirror adjustment setting
Old 08-01-06, 02:21 AM
flyfl1pguy

Originally Posted by islandsnow
is this confirmed? because on mine, no matter if i put it to the right or left, it both always tilts. i can have it not tilt by putting the button in the middle. but its either both tilt or no tilt.
You have to have a Luxury or sports package for this tilts.
Old 08-01-06, 05:52 AM
tgara
Pole Position

Ours behaves as you've described it: center position on the switch disables the tilt-down feature, and having the switch in the L or R position tilts BOTH mirrors simultaneously.
Old 08-01-06, 08:15 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tgara
Ours behaves as you've described it: center position on the switch disables the tilt-down feature, and having the switch in the L or R position tilts BOTH mirrors simultaneously.
same with mine. its either both tilt or none tilt. i do notice that my passenger side mirror tilts down more than my driver's side mirror. is this the case for everybody else?
Old 08-01-06, 09:58 AM
islandsnow
Driver

Originally Posted by flyfl1pguy
You have to have a Luxury or sports package for this tilts.
forgot to mention but i do have the luxury package. if thats the way its supposed to react, then how come the post above says that only the right mirror will tilt down if the button is pressed to the left?

oh, and for me, the left mirror seems to tilt down more than the right. which makes the right side tilting down pretty much useless because it doesn't show me the ground. is it something i need to bring in to lexus service to look at?
Old 08-01-06, 10:53 AM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

forgot to mention but i do have the luxury package. if thats the way its supposed to react, then how come the post above says that only the right mirror will tilt down if the button is pressed to the left?

oh, and for me, the left mirror seems to tilt down more than the right. which makes the right side tilting down pretty much useless because it doesn't show me the ground. is it something i need to bring in to lexus service to look at?
You can set them to tilt where ever you want them to. They are programable. When your in reverse set the mirror where you would like it to be when in reverse. Then after you put it back in forward or park it will go back to where you normally had it.
Old 08-01-06, 11:49 AM
islandsnow
Driver

Originally Posted by integlikew
You can set them to tilt where ever you want them to. They are programable. When your in reverse set the mirror where you would like it to be when in reverse. Then after you put it back in forward or park it will go back to where you normally had it.
oh ok great! i guess that information would have been in the manual? and i guess it would have been nice if i read it but thanks i'll try that!
Old 08-02-06, 12:15 AM
islandsnow
Driver

Originally Posted by integlikew
no this did not work for me. i was in reverse, i set the mirror where i want. i switch out of reverse and then put it back to reverse and it only tilts down just a little. not to where i set it. is it me? does anyone else have this problem?
Old 08-02-06, 05:49 PM
lifeisgood
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After my first experience with rim rash backing up, I realized the value of tilt down mirrors when you have low-profile tires. It bugs me that this is an option bundled with luxury or sport package. It could probablly be enabled with a software update.

Lexus, if you read this forum, please make this change. Enabling tilt down mirrors should be no different than modifying a personalized setting.