Tilting side mirrors...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-05, 07:41 PM
jabol
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tilting side mirrors...

Hello,

I have a question regarding side mirrors.
Does IS 250RWD come with auto tilt-down mirrors in reverse? Or is it only an option that needs to be purchased as a part of the luxury package?

Many thanks.
Old 12-04-05, 07:55 PM
HokiPoki
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jabol
Hello,

I have a question regarding side mirrors.
Does IS 250RWD come with auto tilt-down mirrors in reverse? Or is it only an option that needs to be purchased as a part of the luxury package?

Many thanks.
Only part of Luxury or Sport package.

LT Luxury Package $4,215/$3,372
Includes perforated leather seats, heated and ventilated front seats, 3-position driver and passenger seat memory, outside electrochromatic mirrors with memory and reverse tilt, steering wheel memory, illuminated scuff plates, wood interior trim, power rear sunshade, high intensity discharge (HID) headlamps, rain sensing wipers and 18" alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 front summer tires and 255/40YR18 rear summer tires.

ST Sport Package $3,725/$2,980
Includes perforated leather seats, heated and ventilated front seats, 3-position driver and passenger seat memory, outside electrochromatic mirrors with memory and reverse tilt, steering wheel memory, aluminum sport pedals and scuff plates, sport suspension, high intensity discharge (HID) headlamps, rain sensing wipers and 18" alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 front summer tires and 255/40YR18 rear summer tires.

LL Luxury Package $3,495/$2,796
Includes perforated leather seats, heated and ventilated front seats, 3-position driver and passenger seat memory, outside electrochromatic mirrors with memory and reverse tilt, steering wheel memory, illuminated scuff plates, wood interior trim, power rear sunshade, high intensity discharge (HID) headlamps and rain sensing wipers.

I got this info from edmunds.com.
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/lexu...on=1&x=99&y=17 click on info.
Old 12-04-05, 08:01 PM
jabol
Rookie

The luxury/sport package comes with electrochromatic mirrors. I am just wondering if the standard side mirrors can tilt in reverse...
Old 12-04-05, 09:02 PM
pita2go
Driver

oh and also.. when the reverse tilt.. you choose a side right? it doesn't do both sides right?
Old 12-04-05, 09:12 PM
anonymous
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by pita2go
oh and also.. when the reverse tilt.. you choose a side right? it doesn't do both sides right?
you can tilt both mirrors or just the right mirror (can't remember about this one)
i usually just leave it so that both tilt down
Old 12-04-05, 10:36 PM
Kailua250
Driver

I didn't think that you could choose just one. Both of mine tilt. Do you know how to have just the right side tilt?
Old 12-05-05, 05:54 AM
jabol
Rookie

So...based on your responses I can assume that IS250RWD has tilting side mirrors and no luxury package is necessary to get them...am I right?
Old 12-05-05, 06:03 AM
MatadorIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jabol
So...based on your responses I can assume that IS250RWD has tilting side mirrors and no luxury package is necessary to get them...am I right?
Wrong, either the Sport package or Luxury package is required for the tilt-down mirrors.
Old 12-05-05, 09:06 AM
pita2go
Driver

yeah.. you need the sports package or luxury package for it to tilt the mirrors.. i was actually in a car with neither... and I asked the salesman and he didn't know.. I knew but i played dumb.. sigh.. they need to train them better...
Old 12-05-05, 10:21 AM
anonymous
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Kailua250
I didn't think that you could choose just one. Both of mine tilt. Do you know how to have just the right side tilt?
I think you leave the mirror adjustment button either in the middle or on the left mirror. I'll have to check later to make sure but I've done it before.
Old 12-05-05, 10:56 AM
caffeine
Rookie

Is there a way to disable the tilting feature? I personally think its a safety hazzard because when I'm backing up going straight (not parking), I need to use the side mirror to make sure that I'm...well going straight.
Old 12-05-05, 01:27 PM
xravexboix
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by caffeine
Is there a way to disable the tilting feature? I personally think its a safety hazzard because when I'm backing up going straight (not parking), I need to use the side mirror to make sure that I'm...well going straight.
on previous models, you leave the mirror controls centered to disable the feature. Setting it to LEFT or RIGHT will enable both sides to go down... I have no idea if you can do one only.
Old 12-05-05, 07:09 PM
anonymous
Pit Crew

Okay I just tested the mirrors earlier tonight.

1. To set the mirrors so they DON'T tilt down: leave the mirror button in the MIDDLE and they won't tilt in reverse

2. To make the RIGHT mirror tilt only: leave the mirror adjustment button pressed down on the LEFT mirror adjustment setting

3. To make BOTH mirros tilt down: leave the mirror adjustment button on the RIGHT mirror adjustment setting
Old 12-05-05, 09:25 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When I drove the E90 BMW 330i, I was pretty surprised to find out that you can only have 1 tilt at a time

Both mirrors tilting down are a GREAT feature, especially when paired with a reverse camera
Old 12-07-05, 01:09 PM
ianneub
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by anonymous
Okay I just tested the mirrors earlier tonight.

1. To set the mirrors so they DON'T tilt down: leave the mirror button in the MIDDLE and they won't tilt in reverse

2. To make the RIGHT mirror tilt only: leave the mirror adjustment button pressed down on the LEFT mirror adjustment setting

3. To make BOTH mirros tilt down: leave the mirror adjustment button on the RIGHT mirror adjustment setting
Thanks so much for this. I was trying to figure out why mine wasn't tilting at all. It was pissing me off Now i just have to get over my obsessive compulsive need to keep that switch set to the middle all the time...because it looks better that way.

Quick Reply: Tilting side mirrors...