IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Washer fluid

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-05, 11:52 PM
RYL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washer fluid

Has anyone had to refill their washer fluid yet? Is refilling with rain-x ok if you have headlight washers.
Old 12-08-05, 02:23 AM
pita2go
Driver

rainx? hum... i mean it is alcohol.. it might not be good... you can spray a little bit in it to maybe keep the rain X fresh.. but i don't recommend using the whole thing... go with the cheap stuff.. it's like a $1
Old 12-08-05, 03:28 AM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

piece of advice since pretty much yall have a brand new car, just buy generic whasher fluid by the gallon and if you just want to fill it back up with water DO NOT use water out of your faucet but bottled <distilled> water instead
Old 12-08-05, 05:29 AM
ChuH
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RYL
Has anyone had to refill their washer fluid yet? Is refilling with rain-x ok if you have headlight washers.
I don't recommend using the rain-x washer additive unless you want to live with chattering wiper for a looong looong time. The rain-x additive washer is great when it rains heavy where it would lubricates the windshield or when you just let the rain bead run without wiping. Yes you do use the wiper less but when you do use the wiper under misty rain the wiper will chatter. I used to use the rain-x additive washer in 2001 and stop using the additive in 2003. Up till now I still have chattery wipers (replaced wiper blade several times and the chatter is still there). I recommend instead to use P21S Windshield washer booster with either bottle/distill water or those green/blue gallon jug washer fluids. The P21S is almost like the soapy cleaning washer fluid that comes factory filled.

I still use rain-x coating (not the washer additive) on the side and rear windows though.

Chu...
Old 12-08-05, 07:21 AM
nois3504me
Rookie

Originally Posted by ChuH
I don't recommend using the rain-x washer additive unless you want to live with chattering wiper for a looong looong time. The rain-x additive washer is great when it rains heavy where it would lubricates the windshield or when you just let the rain bead run without wiping. Yes you do use the wiper less but when you do use the wiper under misty rain the wiper will chatter. I used to use the rain-x additive washer in 2001 and stop using the additive in 2003. Up till now I still have chattery wipers (replaced wiper blade several times and the chatter is still there). I recommend instead to use P21S Windshield washer booster with either bottle/distill water or those green/blue gallon jug washer fluids. The P21S is almost like the soapy cleaning washer fluid that comes factory filled.

I still use rain-x coating (not the washer additive) on the side and rear windows though.

Chu...
I use to use rain-x additive in several of my vehicles with no problems what so ever. but than again, with Rain-x applied to my front windshield i hardly ever had to use the windshield wipers.