Search this Thread

Old 12-10-05, 09:27 PM
Lexus3oi
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dsouth
I've driven the EVO MR. The only one in TN.... My .02
Originally Posted by PhoenixINX
I can think of five MRs alone in Nashville... Hard to say there is only one.
SPANK !!!....LMFAO....just another example of why you NEVER, EVER believe everything you read on the internet
Old 12-11-05, 10:04 AM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhoenixINX
I can think of five MRs alone in Nashville... Hard to say there is only one.
I guess the Saleman lied didn't he. They wanted 37K for it. I said Naw I'd rather have lexus reliabliity & Luxury &
Old 12-11-05, 10:07 AM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexus3oi
SPANK !!!....LMFAO....just another example of why you NEVER, EVER believe everything you read on the internet

I guess I was never that really interested in that White MR & just wanted to beat it up. But it's up to you whether you're educated enough to know what's factual & what's not on the WWW.
Old 12-11-05, 03:52 PM
4CYLNDR
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I was never that really interested in that White MR & just wanted to beat it up. But it's up to you whether you're educated enough to know what's factual & what's not on the WWW.
wow. way to turn a complete lie around and blame it on someone else. embarassing
Old 12-11-05, 09:13 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4CYLNDR
wow. way to turn a complete lie around and blame it on someone else. embarassing

What's a lie 4banger??
Old 12-11-05, 09:26 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

A lot of people here wouldn't do what he did, but when you think about it, the EVO and IS are completely different types of cars. He obviously has a higher priority on sportiness and the fun-to-drive "x-factor". I'm not gonna dog anyone on doing that.

Congratulations on the Evo, i've thrashed my friends 8, its one helluva machine!
Old 12-11-05, 10:18 PM
izzyracer
Driver

Originally Posted by Faraaz23
A lot of people here wouldn't do what he did, but when you think about it, the EVO and IS are completely different types of cars. He obviously has a higher priority on sportiness and the fun-to-drive "x-factor". I'm not gonna dog anyone on doing that.

Congratulations on the Evo, i've thrashed my friends 8, its one helluva machine!
Thanks Faraaz23!
I got more compliments in a weeks time on my EVO more than my IS during the whole month. Not to say the IS is any less. It is a great car but It just does not fit me at the moment. Changing gears manually and feeling my head planted in the Recaro Leather Seat at 3000 rpm is what is making me smile after a hard days work.
Old 12-11-05, 10:28 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by izzyracer

Hey guys! I decided to get and Evo and traded the IS premium package/Nav with ISP, Crystal White/Cashmere. My car has less than a 1000 miles so if you want a great deal on this IS pm me and I will lead you to the right direction.
COngrats, the EVO is a fantastic ride.

As someone stated, outside straight line acceleration and the fact these cars have 4 doors, they have nothing in common.

Old 12-12-05, 07:35 AM
|mpulse
Rookie

Originally Posted by Faraaz23

Wow... I couldn't have said it better myself.

I love the Evo and seriously considered buying one, I just think I'm outgrowing that scene... besides, I still have my VR-4.
Old 12-12-05, 07:58 AM
lovemytrx
Driver School Candidate

I was thinking about how much money was lost by selling a car that was virtually new and then again think of what you would really lose by driving the car that was your second choice for 3 or 4 years.

Now thats an expensive proposition.

Enjoy the EVO.
Old 12-12-05, 08:06 AM
|mpulse
Rookie

Originally Posted by lovemytrx
I was thinking about how much money was lost by selling a car that was virtually new and then again think of what you would really lose by driving the car that was your second choice for 3 or 4 years.
I can't blame him, I couldn't "settle" on a car for a few years either.

Why drive something you are unhappy with if you don't have too?
Old 12-12-05, 11:26 PM
4CYLNDR
Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
COngrats, the EVO is a fantastic ride.

As someone stated, outside straight line acceleration and the fact these cars have 4 doors, they have nothing in common.
well . . . maybe just the 4-doors . . . the evo 9 does the 0-60 in 4.6 seconds
Old 12-12-05, 11:27 PM
4CYLNDR
Driver

What's a lie 4banger??
the fact that YOU said there was only one Evo MR in Tennesee . . . and when someone called you on it, you blamed it on the dealer. Take it to Massachusetts, where they let people like you get married.
Old 12-12-05, 11:30 PM
4CYLNDR
Driver

Originally Posted by izzyracer
Thanks Faraaz23!
I got more compliments in a weeks time on my EVO more than my IS during the whole month. Not to say the IS is any less. It is a great car but It just does not fit me at the moment. Changing gears manually and feeling my head planted in the Recaro Leather Seat at 3000 rpm is what is making me smile after a hard days work.
you realize that with the new 9s and the MIVEC . . . everyone is putting down 100hp more with just engine mangement and a turbo-back exhaust.

On my 8, to make 100 hp more than stock, i needed the engine management, exhaust, PLUS cams.

Youre 1300-1400 bucks away from 390-400 crank horsepower. Have fun with it, but be safe
Old 12-12-05, 11:41 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4CYLNDR
the fact that YOU said there was only one Evo MR in Tennesee . . . and when someone called you on it, you blamed it on the dealer. Take it to Massachusetts, where they let people like you get married.
I wouldn't call that calling me out if I told you that's what he said that's what he said. I'm not going to offer to get on my knees so he would sell me the only 4banger in TN. If you were intelligent enough to know the sales game. That's just a gimmick they use so you would think that's the only chance to own one.

Quick Reply: Traded in Brand New IS350 for an Evo IX