IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

ML Package -- hard to get???

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-05, 08:31 AM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ML Package -- hard to get???

Hi I am a new member currently in the market for an IS 350 and I just have a few questions:

1) Is it harder to get a Sport Package with ML (Black exterior) than just a regular Sport Package?

2) Do you have to place a special order if you want the ML package?

3) I heard the stock radio when I test drove the IS and it wasn't too bad, does the ML package sound system blow the stock one away?

I am contemplating whether to just go with a Sport with stock radio if it is not much of a difference... any input would be appreciated...thanks.
Old 12-11-05, 11:09 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

yes, maybe, yes.

I would talk to your local dealer to see if they are getting some... There should be more avail. now.
Old 12-11-05, 12:58 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

I live in Florida and I waited 2 months for a sport package with nav and ML, it never came in, So I got tired of waiting for it and got a 350 with nav and ML. The car I test drove had the stock stereo in it, and the ML does blow it away.
Old 12-12-05, 06:21 AM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

hey thanks,

I just spoke to a salesperson and the guy told me that Mark Levinson package is only for special orders in the Northeast area. Is this true? Anybody in the NE have a IS350 with ML package in this forum?

thanks
Old 12-12-05, 09:04 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default We are taking a lot of special orders to get the Mark Levinson

in the Eastern Region as it isn't in the build cycle. That may change in the future as we have told our reps that it is popular. There was a huge thread about this earlier. With Mark Levinson you will get better amplification and different speaker elements and you get two rear mid range drivers at the rear corners which give it a 7.1 surround sound configuration and a bigger sweet spot in the car for getting all of the channel information. It will play DVD movies with 5.1 DTS surround sound, DVD-A and SACD audio discs but it will not play MP3 discs that you burn at home.

Rock
Old 12-12-05, 04:06 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rockville
in the Eastern Region as it isn't in the build cycle. That may change in the future as we have told our reps that it is popular. There was a huge thread about this earlier. With Mark Levinson you will get better amplification and different speaker elements and you get two rear mid range drivers at the rear corners which give it a 7.1 surround sound configuration and a bigger sweet spot in the car for getting all of the channel information. It will play DVD movies with 5.1 DTS surround sound, DVD-A and SACD audio discs but it will not play MP3 discs that you burn at home.

Rock
Actually, I have ML and have my changer filled tih MP3 cd's i've burned at home playing just fine in it.
Old 12-12-05, 07:52 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Payam, house is the Mark Levinson? Is it worth the wait? Did you order it?
Old 12-12-05, 08:49 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NINEZeRO
Payam, house is the Mark Levinson? Is it worth the wait? Did you order it?
I was actually waiting for nav, ML, and sport package. But my dealer told me that someone who ordered a 350 in my colors with nav and ML (no sport package) backed out of their car and offered it to me, and by that point I went ahead and got it. Didn't want to wait any longer. But honestly, if that car had come in a month ago without ML, I would of bought it. I'm glad I got it, but I don't know about waiting 3 or 4 months for it.
Old 12-12-05, 08:52 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Also, the guy who does all the after-market work on my cars, said it would be no problem to wire around the e-brake safety switch to play DVD's while your driving. He should be doing that later this week. along with my tint.
Old 12-13-05, 10:45 AM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rockville

Rock
Rock....Do you work at Lexus? Dealer or Headquarters? Wut is the price of a IS350 with Sport, Nav w/ ML, Park assist, HID, etc? One dealer just told me that they will be recieving a bunch of sport/luxury with NAV/ML package starting around late January -- early February, is this correct?
Old 12-13-05, 11:10 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Rock....Do you work at Lexus? Dealer or Headquarters? Wut is the price of a IS350 with Sport, Nav w/ ML, Park assist, HID, etc?
Get a calculator... do the math...

http://www.lexus.com/models/is/price_options.html
Old 12-13-05, 01:07 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Get a calculator... do the math...

http://www.lexus.com/models/is/price_options.html
sorry but don't need a calculator for addition, i know i shouldn't have asked that question, but why dont you reply only if you can be helpful, ok?
Old 12-13-05, 03:49 PM
speedyj88
Rookie

sorry but don't need a calculator for addition, i know i shouldn't have asked that question, but why dont you reply only if you can be helpful, ok?
Stop whining. He gave you a link that will help you find out the price. Jeez
Old 12-13-05, 05:46 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by speedyj88
Stop whining. He gave you a link that will help you find out the price. Jeez
who's whining, mind your own biz, godamn how many more ****** in this forum?
Old 12-13-05, 10:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

who's whining, mind your own biz, godamn how many more ****** in this forum?
everyone please stop your OT comments, they are not welcome and unnecessary here.

thanks

Quick Reply: ML Package -- hard to get???