IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

PLS (Personlaized Lexus Service)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-05 | 08:35 AM
muzzman1
Driver

Default PLS (Personlaized Lexus Service)

Does anyone know the actual list of available options? I am bringing my car in on Wed, and would like to be able to configure all of the options.. Please list factual info no "i thinks" Thanks!
Old 12-12-05 | 11:05 AM
pinoychris
Pole Position

LPS stands for Lexus Personalized Settings, not Service.

Anyway, like the last guy said. Just call up your dealership. They handed me a sheet of the settings when I bought the car and said to bring it in to have any of them changed. However, I cannot find that sheet anymore. The only setting I actually want changed is that when I put the car from drive to park, I want the doors to remained locked.
Old 12-12-05 | 11:37 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pinoychris

Anyway, like the last guy said. Just call up your dealership. They handed me a sheet of the settings when I bought the car and said to bring it in to have any of them changed. However, I cannot find that sheet anymore. The only setting I actually want changed is that when I put the car from drive to park, I want the doors to remained locked.
it's in the back of your owner's manual
Old 12-12-05 | 05:01 PM
muzzman1
Driver

Originally Posted by jlin101
it's in the back of your owner's manual
...and I thought I had read the entire manual! Thanks....I got exactly what i was looking for!
Old 12-13-05 | 09:01 AM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Default One thing...

...that I asked about that i dont think was in the manual of personalized setting was to see if i could get ALL the doors to unlock when i touch the door handle, rather than just the drivers door. i was always having to hit the unlock button on the remote or in the car to let passengers in. anyway, they WERE able to set it the way i wanted it just in case you might be interested in that feature.
Old 12-13-05 | 09:14 AM
berg7445
Rookie

you should be able to set all four doors unlocking in the car when touching the handle by holding down I think the trunk and lock buttons on the fob, or some combination. That too is in the manual.
Old 12-13-05 | 03:37 PM
muzzman1
Driver

Originally Posted by berg7445
you should be able to set all four doors unlocking in the car when touching the handle by holding down I think the trunk and lock buttons on the fob, or some combination. That too is in the manual.
Yes, thanks...i did that within 20mins of owning the car...
Old 12-13-05 | 05:28 PM
saske
Rookie

Default List of LPS

Originally Posted by muzzman1
Does anyone know the actual list of available options? I am bringing my car in on Wed, and would like to be able to configure all of the options.. Please list factual info no "i thinks" Thanks!

In case your question wasn't answered, here is a link where you can actually see all of the LPS options.

http://owners.lexus.com/lexusowners/...ettingsPreview

Enjoy,
Sean
Old 12-13-05 | 07:33 PM
SPEED&ECO.
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by saske
In case your question wasn't answered, here is a link where you can actually see all of the LPS options.

http://owners.lexus.com/lexusowners/...ettingsPreview

Enjoy,
Sean
they only show the list for is300 not the new IS
Old 12-13-05 | 09:11 PM
saske
Rookie

Thanks for the heads up. My bad!!
Old 12-13-05 | 09:28 PM
mofogasm
Pole Position

The option you want changed so that the door remain locked when you put the car in park can be done manually without taking it to the dealer.

the way to do it is in the manual. i think it was something put the car into ig-on and holding down the power doorlock button. up is one option down is the other option. and if you shift the car into neutral you can change two other options. again the details are in the owners manual
Old 12-13-05 | 11:04 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

i dont know of any dealerships having the lps yet. altho if they know how to use tis its in there. ive done 1 today. btw its the same questions for the old is