IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

finally, pics of my IS 350 including leg room and nav screen

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-05, 10:31 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally, pics of my IS 350 including leg room and nav screen

I finally got around to posting some pictures I took of my car when I was at my parents' place for Thanksgiving. Note that while there is snow on the ground, it was plowed away before I ever drove on it, so I can't comment on the stock 18's in the snow (which from what I have read is just as well...). I'll put a few pics here, for the rest go to my gallery: https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...0/ppuser/40972

I picked up the car in early November. When these pics were taken it had about 900 miles on it. It is tungsten pearl with black leather, and has the sport package (hence the metallic trim and stock 18's), navigation, park assist, headlamp washers (haven't used them yet), and preferred accessory package.

This is how much room I have in the front seat. I am 5'11" and 160 lbs, and find the driving position and room very comfortable. You can see the metal pedals. You can also see that I haven't gotten rid of the paper floormats yet.

This is me in the backseat on the driver's side, without adjusting the driver's seat position. There is plenty of room for my legs, but it's not exactly Buckingham Palace. You can see that my shoes somewhat fit under the fron seat. I find it pretty comfortable back there. The headroom is good too, I'm just ducking down to look at the camera. But I can sit straight up back there and not have my head hit the ceiling. In the new GS I found that I could not sit up straight because there was not sufficient rear head room.

Some exterior shots. You can see more in my gallery.

Close-up of the navigation screen. I meant to take one in day and night modes, but I couldn't get it to go into night mode. So, just imagine this, except with the background in black instead of white. The screen is great, controls easy, calculation time very fast. This picture is in full-screen map mode.

That's it for now, enjoy!

Last edited by diablo1; 12-12-05 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-12-05, 10:34 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Get rid of the " [ " in the URL of your pics & we might actually see your car rather than red X's
Old 12-12-05, 10:37 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Fixed it - sorry, first time pic poster
Old 12-12-05, 10:37 AM
Bercasio
Pole Position

Originally Posted by diablo1
I finally got around to posting some pictures I took of my car when I was at my parents' place for Thanksgiving. Note that while there is snow on the ground, it was plowed away before I ever drove on it, so I can't comment on the stock 18's in the snow (which from what I have read is just as well...). I'll put a few here, for the rest go to my gallery: https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...0/ppuser/40972

I picked up the car in early November. When these pics were taken it had about 900 miles on it. It is tungsten pearl with black leather, and has the sport package (hence the metallic trim and stock 18's), navigation, park assist, headlamp washers (haven't used them yet), and preferred accessory package.

This is how much room I have in the front seat. I am 5'11" and 160 lbs, and find the driving position and room very comfortable. You can see the metal pedals. You can also see that I haven't gotten rid of the paper floormats yet.

This is me in the backseat on the driver's side, without adjusting the driver's seat position. There is plenty of room for my legs, but it's not exactly Buckingham Palace. You can see that my shoes somewhat fit under the fron seat. I find it pretty comfortable back there. The headroom is good too, I'm just ducking down to look at the camera. But I can sit straight up back there and not have my head hit the ceiling. In the new GS I found that I could not sit up straight because there was not sufficient rear head room.

Some exterior shots. You can see more in my gallery.

Close-up of the navigation screen. I meant to take one in day and night modes, but I couldn't get it to go into night mode. So, just imagine this, except with the background in black instead of white. The screen is great, controls easy, calculation time very fast. This picture is in full-screen map mode.

That's it for now, enjoy!
Congrats to your new ride! Too bad we don't have that 365 California weather so you can enjoy even more. I see more and more of the IS250/350 popping out in my city and they all look sweet. Looking fwd to picking one up, one day...
Old 12-12-05, 10:39 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Fixed it - sorry, first time pic poster
Thanx Congratulations
Old 12-12-05, 10:48 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

same exact like my car....

how much you pay for otd??
Old 12-12-05, 10:54 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by shaolin
same exact like my car....

how much you pay for otd??
MSRP was $43,069, I got no discount. My lease was around $1500 upfront including first month payment (basically just first month, lease fee, and other random fees), and I pay $707 per month. MF was .0027, residual 62%. I didn't get the lowest MF because I'm a first time car buyer/leaser and only 25 yrs old.

Last edited by diablo1; 12-12-05 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-12-05, 10:57 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

damn, that's cool.

let's all enjoy this beauty..
Old 12-12-05, 11:13 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MSRP Was $43,069, I got no discount. My lease was around $1500 upfront including first month payment (basically just first month, lease fee, and other random fees), and I pay $707 per month. MF was .0027, residual 62%. I didn't get the lowest MF because I'm a first time car buyer/leaser and only 25 yrs old.

Nice car, im envious because i have the same exact car and color except
mine has the light gray interior! I wanted the black interior so bad but they
claimed they didnt know when like that would be coming in, i bought mine
in Mid Nov, and got about $1,300 off of Msrp, i Think i woulda paid $1,300
more just to haVE black interior, not that i think black looks better, its just'
just so much eaiser to keep! +
Old 12-12-05, 11:18 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tony1
Nice car, im envious because i have the same exact car and color except
mine has the light gray interior! I wanted the black interior so bad but they
claimed they didnt know when like that would be coming in, i bought mine
in Mid Nov, and got about $1,300 off of Msrp, i Think i woulda paid $1,300
more just to haVE black interior, not that i think black looks better, its just'
just so much eaiser to keep! +
Did you get yours from Ray Catena? They said they had the exact same car except in gray leather...
Old 12-12-05, 11:20 AM
keeeeez
Pole Position

I picked up the car in early November. When these pics were taken it had about 900 miles on it. !
I took the floor paper coverings off the first time I drove mine- You should too now (See Photograph 1)

Last edited by keeeeez; 12-12-05 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-12-05, 11:21 AM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, u look extremely happy in that pic..lol
Congrat...Nice car
Old 12-12-05, 11:27 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tim817
Man, u look extremely happy in that pic..lol
Congrat...Nice car
Ya, everey time I grab the wheel I have to smile.

Originally Posted by keeeeez
I took the floor paper coverings off the first time I drove it - You should too now (See Photograph 1)
I know I know... it's just that the garage where I keep it is really dusty, and I hate to see the interior get dirty! But I'll do it soon.
Old 12-12-05, 11:37 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations on the IS. Looks very sweet
Old 12-12-05, 11:44 AM
carenthus
Driver

I know I know... it's just that the garage where I keep it is really dusty, and I hate to see the interior get dirty! But I'll do it soon.
I recommend getting this clear plastic mat set for your car.

I have it on my ES. It looks very nice and fit perfectly. I got mine from the Lexus dealer for $80. This website also has it for the same price.

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/inde...d/3390/sc/9487

Quick Reply: finally, pics of my IS 350 including leg room and nav screen