IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Ground Effects Kit Finally Installed.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-05, 09:39 AM
QikSilvr
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Red,
Where did you order the kit? I was told It is not available yet.

Was it required to remove the rear bumper or was this the "Male ****" approch to doing it right?

Did you have to change the tips and did you have to lower the mufflers to fit the new rear?
Old 12-14-05, 10:18 AM
Navigatn
Pole Position

grats!! glad you enjoy your bodykit. when i first saw the kit on lexus.com i was a bit disappointed. i thought the entire kit is barely noticeable and doesn't improve lines at all.

i'm waiting for an aftermarket kit that will blend more with the edges without sticking out too much, while making the car appear closer to the ground without lowering. that, and 19" HREs and i'm set
Old 12-14-05, 10:54 AM
LDYNRED
Driver

Originally Posted by QikSilvr
Red,
Where did you order the kit? I was told It is not available yet.

Was it required to remove the rear bumper or was this the "Male ****" approch to doing it right?

Did you have to change the tips and did you have to lower the mufflers to fit the new rear?
The body kit (and alot of other stuff on the car) was ordered at the dealership. You might want to check back with them, since they should be able to get port installed kits now...here's the link where the bulletin that was sent out is posted. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...6&page=2&pp=15
Rear bumper removal was required, since some drilling is needed to secure the piece. Wasn't "male ****" this time
Not sure about the tips, but they came with the kit. Didn't have to do anything with the mufflers either. Hope this helps!
Old 12-14-05, 11:00 AM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Looking good Jean. I didn't get a chance to see it when Will stopped by a few days ago to check out my exhaust. I guess I need to check it out again.
Old 12-14-05, 11:04 AM
keeeeez
Pole Position

Jealousy!!!
Old 12-14-05, 11:14 AM
leeshdw
Driver

Very Nice!!! I will need to stay in the city one night and check it out in person.
Old 12-14-05, 11:24 AM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do us all a favor and take a pic with your car next to a stock one. I wanna see the difference between stock and the one with body kit. Maybe it's just me but i don't really notice a big difference in look on the side skirt maybe i just buy a front kit only, still debating...
Old 12-14-05, 11:41 AM
LDYNRED
Driver

Originally Posted by tim817
Do us all a favor and take a pic with your car next to a stock one. I wanna see the difference between stock and the one with body kit. Maybe it's just me but i don't really notice a big difference in look on the side skirt maybe i just buy a front kit only, still debating...
Great idea! I'll see if I can do that this weekend.
Old 12-14-05, 11:47 AM
Konfucius
Driver School Candidate

That looks great.
Old 12-14-05, 11:51 AM
|mpulse
Rookie

Agreed.

I'm not trying to be rude at all, I just cannot notice much of a difference in your upgrades versus the stockers (other then the lip).
Old 12-14-05, 11:52 AM
varok
Driver

Looks Sweet! Mine won't come til January. Can't wait to install it on mine.
Old 12-14-05, 11:58 AM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

by the way, great choice on color. I think you the 1st one in here having the body kit & wing installed Get some HID in that car and it'll look nice
Do u have HID? from the pic the light look a lil yellow:
Old 12-14-05, 12:20 PM
LDYNRED
Driver

Originally Posted by |mpulse
Agreed.

I'm not trying to be rude at all, I just cannot notice much of a difference in your upgrades versus the stockers (other then the lip).
EXACTLY the effect I'm looking for. Nothing really screaming out, but just different enough that you have to look a little longer to figure out what is different. As with all mods, it comes down to personal preference.Some people prefer the mods you can spot/hear halfway down the block; others just make little touches (changing the fog light bulbs from 5000K to 8000K for instance). In general, the vast majority of women do not/can not understand modding a car in the first place. I specifically wanted only subtle changes, just so you know it's me when you see the car
Old 12-14-05, 12:25 PM
LDYNRED
Driver

by the way, great choice on color. I think you the 1st one in here having the body kit & wing installed Get some HID in that car and it'll look nice
Do u have HID?
Thanks! Car has factory Bi-Xenon lights. Switched out the fog light bulbs though. Don't think I'll go with HID fogs since I want to put that money towards the exhaust.
Old 12-15-05, 07:18 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

LDYNRED, how are those new exhaust tips different from the stock ones? While examining my exhaust pipe (I mean the car's), I saw an inner black pipe surrounded by the outer chrome tip; but I couldn't tell how the outer one was secured or how it could be removed. I would like to put on larger tips (like the ones on SC430 or G35C) without messing with the muffler/exhaust system.

Quick Reply: Ground Effects Kit Finally Installed.