IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Parking is driving me crazy....

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-05 | 11:44 PM
meta1
Driver School Candidate

Dont feel bad. I feel the same way when I take my car out. I got a black 350, and Im trying to keep it looking mint for a long while. I too park away from others, and use the other tricks people mentioned. For the recoed, it's not just Koreans, white folks, black folks, purple folks. Pepole now days seem to show less respect for one another.
Old 12-19-05 | 11:57 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by meta1
Dont feel bad. I feel the same way when I take my car out. I got a black 350, and Im trying to keep it looking mint for a long while. I too park away from others, and use the other tricks people mentioned. For the recoed, it's not just Koreans, white folks, black folks, purple folks. Pepole now days seem to show less respect for one another.
Yeah, we know it's not race specific, there's all kinds of inconsiderate drivers. It's just that there is a asian bad driver stereotype and us asian drivers like to laugh about it.
Old 12-20-05 | 12:06 AM
nois3504me
Rookie

Well i think there are different types of people doing this. careless and thoughtless types and the type i hate the most; the jealous ones. the ones who know they cant afford it and go about to wreck your car for no reason. wish we could shoot these *****...

sorry had to vent!
Old 12-20-05 | 05:12 AM
JSK97VMI
Rookie

I still remember my old IS300 at the grocery store. I parked in the middle of nowhere and as I was walking back I noticed a Ford Expedition parked beside it and then notice there is a buggy in between both of our cars. I didn't think much about it until once I opened my trunk... the guy with the Expedition hurries up, jumps in his car and drives off quickly. I walk over to the side of my car to remove the buggy that he so kindly left and notice a dent on the passenger side door and a dent on the front bumber. Apparently this biotch found enjoyment in running his full buggy into the side of my IS twice in two different spots. He got away, but I still remember his vanity plate on the front of his car....interestingly it was a quote from Psalms?
Old 12-20-05 | 05:46 AM
hashs99
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
okok, knock it off and move on guys
Not trying to start any problems, if my tone reflected that my apologies. I guess I was just trying to vent when I started the thread. It'll wear off as times goes by though.....I hope (the being "scared" to park that is).
Old 12-20-05 | 05:59 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

unless you keep the car locked up in a garage, dings and stone chips, like death, are inevitable, No matter what, it's still just a car. Whatever you do, don't take up TWO parking spaces--that will surely convice other people that you're an a-hole and key your car.
Old 12-20-05 | 08:34 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

LoL, I've done pretty well over the years in avoiding dings
from parking lots, first off, make sure to always try to get the "end
spot", so at least it reduces your chance of getting hit from one side.
If you have a choice, drive to make sure the wall is on your passenger
side, since there's half of a chance that the other car's driver may be alone..
I always park far away, thankfully America is full of lazy people that won't
walk the extra distance, so usually i find my car alone when i come back to it,
sometimes i do find another car right next to mine, but its usually a nice car
as well, so im sure the driver watched to make sure his door didnt hit my car,,
(Probably more of the reason, that he didnt want to mess up the edge of his door)
Old 12-20-05 | 08:43 AM
Morrissey
Driver

Originally Posted by JSK97VMI

Hire these guys to stand around your car...you shouldn't have to worry about any scratches or dings.....
hahahhahahahahha
Old 12-20-05 | 08:45 AM
Kermee
Advanced

Originally Posted by jlin101
unless you keep the car locked up in a garage, dings and stone chips, like death, are inevitable, No matter what, it's still just a car. Whatever you do, don't take up TWO parking spaces--that will surely convice other people that you're an a-hole and key your car.
Usually, they skip keying your car and go straight to slashing all your tires if you do that here in the Northwest.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 12-20-05 | 08:50 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

doesn't matter where i go, what car i drive that day ... almost anywhere, everywhere....
Old 12-20-05 | 07:32 PM
Toyota_F1
Pole Position
CL Folding 100000

Yep, you can only do so much... I was walking out of target and up to my Supra when I heard the *thunk* by the time I got there I realized it was the side door of a full size van slamming into my drivers side door. I stepped away and yelled at the driver but she pretended to ignore me and roared off... got the license plate and called it in to the cops... lo and behold... it belonged to a church. I phoned them to let them know that Jesus owed me some money for body work then I had a good laugh and got it fixed.

I've just resorted to finding the farthest parking spot and walking... done this with the Supra, many MR2s and even my Matrix... now it's just habit, even when driving other people's cars.
Old 01-29-06 | 07:19 PM
xaden
Driver School Candidate

Sorry for resurrecting the thread, but I've had mine for 5 days and already got my first ding. 5 FREAKING DAYS! I knew it would happen eventually, and I've always been good at parking next to poles, walls, etc, but c'mon... I seriously didn't expect my first ding to come in 5 days. It's just one of those things that you just have to accept, but it's so frustrating to know that there are people who really just don't care. If only there was a way to put up some kind of force field around the car...

Anyway, does anyone know of a good ding repair shop in Los Angeles? It may not be worth the money to repair one ding, but having a ding on a car I've had for less than a week really hurts.
Old 01-29-06 | 07:34 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

sorry to hear about your ding. so far i have one small scratch on the driver sider back door and a small dent on top of the car (not sure how that happened). i'm going to have them both fixed shortly.
Old 01-29-06 | 08:24 PM
2006is350
Driver School Candidate

When i park at work i wait until someone parks beside me before i get out, i fugure that if they see me in the car they will be a little more careful. My old car was a 03 Cobra and i did the same thing and one day some idiot come swinging in beside me and opened his door into the side of my car with me in it!! I opened the door and he just looked at me very smug and said "oh it didnt hurt it". Needless to say i was pissed so i moved to another spot and he got a really nice key mark down the side of his door. I believe in getting people back when they are complete idiots.
Old 01-29-06 | 08:31 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2006is350
Needless to say i was pissed so i moved to another spot and he got a really nice key mark down the side of his door. I believe in getting people back when they are complete idiots.
sorry but that's where i draw the line. i would never do something like that...regardless.

Quick Reply: Parking is driving me crazy....