IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS350 Suspension Problem - Veers to the right

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-06, 01:26 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info guys! I will bring it up again next time I'm in. For now I was told, by default the car is supposed to very slightly pull away from traffic...??? True to some extent? When I take my hands of the wheel at say 60mph, in the middle lane of a 3 lane hwy,, I'm in the far right lane within about 5 seconds... normal???
Old 04-20-06, 01:30 PM
AznJason
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't happen to me. I set my car on cruise control at ~80 and let go of the steering wheel on a straightaway. Stayed there for the most part until the road started to curve. Straight enough for me.
Old 04-20-06, 01:37 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AznJason
Doesn't happen to me. I set my car on cruise control at ~80 and let go of the steering wheel on a straightaway. Stayed there for the most part until the road started to curve. Straight enough for me.
Geesh, is that after any sort of alignment, or was that straight stock?
Old 04-20-06, 01:39 PM
AznJason
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ES3
Geesh, is that after any sort of alignment, or was that straight stock?
straight stock
Old 04-20-06, 01:51 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Any pull at all even slight, at slower speeds, say 60mph?
Old 04-20-06, 02:31 PM
AznJason
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ES3
Any pull at all even slight, at slower speeds, say 60mph?
I'll give it a try sometime when there's no traffic, but I think it handles that pretty well too so long as the road is perfectly flat.
Old 04-20-06, 03:28 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Thanks, please keep me posted! Anyone else please do the same, I really would like to be able to say that other cars are or are not doing what mine are, when I go in again for service.
Old 04-20-06, 06:17 PM
AznJason
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ES3
Thanks, please keep me posted! Anyone else please do the same, I really would like to be able to say that other cars are or are not doing what mine are, when I go in again for service.
Well, I did as much testing as I could on the short drive back. Apparently I'm not as good at getting the car pointed exactly down the middle of the lane as I thought. I ended up having to make minor adjustments either way, which is good. The car veered right as much as it veered left, so really, it wasn't the car that was messing up, it was me. Tried it going 60, tried it going 40. As long as the road was flat (no bumps, no potholes), it went straight.
Old 04-29-06, 04:05 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AznJason
Well, I did as much testing as I could on the short drive back. Apparently I'm not as good at getting the car pointed exactly down the middle of the lane as I thought. I ended up having to make minor adjustments either way, which is good. The car veered right as much as it veered left, so really, it wasn't the car that was messing up, it was me. Tried it going 60, tried it going 40. As long as the road was flat (no bumps, no potholes), it went straight.
Hey thanks a bunch for checking!

I'm telling ya this alignment thing has become the bane of my existence!

Back to the dealership, this is the 2nd time, I'd asked them to try swapping the front tires, instead they put a brand new tire on the right side. They suggested the other right tire may have a weak sidewall??? The result? No difference! The thing still pulls right a couple seconds after I take my hand off the wheel??? If any of you others can check/confirm you are or are not having this problem, it'd help!
Old 04-29-06, 09:16 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ES3
Hey thanks a bunch for checking!

I'm telling ya this alignment thing has become the bane of my existence!

Back to the dealership, this is the 2nd time, I'd asked them to try swapping the front tires, instead they put a brand new tire on the right side. They suggested the other right tire may have a weak sidewall??? The result? No difference! The thing still pulls right a couple seconds after I take my hand off the wheel??? If any of you others can check/confirm you are or are not having this problem, it'd help!

I have the same problem.

When I break, it tends to go towards the Right side more also
Old 04-30-06, 10:16 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Hmmmm I just heard the only adjustable angle on the IS350 is toe. You can't adjust camber, or caster so if it pulls one way or the other there's little that can be done unless you have Lexus install a camber kit??? I know some of you have had that done, do you definitely notice improvment?
Old 06-22-06, 09:24 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Well I've spoken to a few IS350 owners who's dealers put Bridgestones on all the way around and it corrected the pull to the right? Anyone else had this done? Anyone with this problem called and complained to Lexus 800-25-Lexus. It's worthwhile, if even just to start a campaign of complaints!
Old 06-22-06, 09:26 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by shaolin
go to the dealer and tell them to flip the front tires.. if your car pulls to the left means you need to get some new tires.
Even flip them with the directional tread? Or are you saying remount and balance so the directional tread still faces the way it's supposed to?
Old 06-23-06, 12:40 PM
meteoro
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ES3
Well I've spoken to a few IS350 owners who's dealers put Bridgestones on all the way around and it corrected the pull to the right? Anyone else had this done? Anyone with this problem called and complained to Lexus 800-25-Lexus. It's worthwhile, if even just to start a campaign of complaints!

I had Bridgestones RE050's put on all around...problem solved.
Old 06-23-06, 12:47 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by meteoro
I had Bridgestones RE050's put on all around...problem solved.
Good to know! Did you notice a major consistant problem of pulling/drifting to the right before having the swap?

Quick Reply: IS350 Suspension Problem - Veers to the right