IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS350 Suspension Problem - Veers to the right

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-06, 05:27 AM
Tuxlex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tsp5
They gave me Michelin Pilot Sports. They didn't do anything else to the car other than an alignment. I've racked up over 12,000 miles since then and there has been no pull whatsoever.
tsp5, were those the A/S version or not?
Old 07-17-06, 05:54 AM
tsp5
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tuxlex
tsp5, were those the A/S version or not?
No, they aren't the all-season version
Old 07-17-06, 05:57 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

it seems many issues with the veering to the right was a problem with the tires, ready many incidences here where tires were replaced and it went away
Old 07-17-06, 09:37 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
it seems many issues with the veering to the right was a problem with the tires, ready many incidences here where tires were replaced and it went away
Here's to hope!!!
Old 07-30-06, 01:24 PM
ukali10
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by ES3
Definitely stick with your complaint, let 800-Lexus know that you are well aware you're not the only IS350 owner having problems like this! I've taken my car into the dealershp a handfull of times for this problem, they've tried a number if things, now they say they think they''ve got it right, said the steering wheel was a little off, but I'm doubtful. I know of several IS owners where the dealer replaced all Dunlop's wtih Bridgestone's and it completely remedied the problem, ask 800 Lexus about that! Good luck and keep us posted!
I got my car back from the dealer yesterday after one week of repaired. The veering to right problem is gone. At first, they tried to perform the 4 wheel alignment as a goodwill but they didn't fix the problem. They finally replaced my 4 Dunlop tires with Bridgestone RE050A pole position. The problem is gone . It is worth to call the 800-Lexus to complain if someone has the same problem.
Old 07-31-06, 09:51 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ukali10
I got my car back from the dealer yesterday after one week of repaired. The veering to right problem is gone. At first, they tried to perform the 4 wheel alignment as a goodwill but they didn't fix the problem. They finally replaced my 4 Dunlop tires with Bridgestone RE050A pole position. The problem is gone . It is worth to call the 800-Lexus to complain if someone has the same problem.
Congrats, you like the tires? I'm getting mine swapped in a few weeks, I honestly can't believe it'll fix this problem, as I've been living with it for so long!? I was hoping they'd put the more expensive Bridgestones on, but if it works, I'm happy. How severe was your pull to the right before you got 'em?

Other Bridgestone options they COULD have chosen.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...YR&RunFlat=All
Old 08-01-06, 09:48 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Lexus corporate told me to bring it back to the dealership, because the technician "couldn't replicate the pulling." So yesterday I brought it back... This time, however, I told them that I WANTED TO BE IN THE CAR when the technician "test drove" it. Sure enough, we drove a couple of miles, and I demonstrated to him how the car pulls to the right, and even on roads that are slanted to the LEFT, the car drives STRAIGHT... They're working on my baby right now, (spent the night at the dealership) and I'll post what the final resolution is, if there is one...

Javier
Old 08-01-06, 09:50 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by javylsu
Lexus corporate told me to bring it back to the dealership, because the technician "couldn't replicate the pulling." So yesterday I brought it back... This time, however, I told them that I WANTED TO BE IN THE CAR when the technician "test drove" it. Sure enough, we drove a couple of miles, and I demonstrated to him how the car pulls to the right, and even on roads that are slanted to the LEFT, the car drives STRAIGHT... They're working on my baby right now, (spent the night at the dealership) and I'll post what the final resolution is, if there is one...

Javier
Be sure to let them know that numerous other dealerships are fixing the problem with a new set of Bridgestones...
Old 08-01-06, 10:15 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

I sure did - I even mentioned that to Lexus corporate on the phone...

Javier
Old 08-01-06, 10:28 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by javylsu
I sure did - I even mentioned that to Lexus corporate on the phone...

Javier
Cool, was corporate responsive to that? Did they seem to recognize the tire issue?
Old 08-01-06, 10:36 AM
06LexIS
Driver

Report; after 514 miles of driving with the new tires/re-alignment and new bushings. NO MORE PULLING
That's all folks, if it comes back, I'll post here.
Old 08-01-06, 10:38 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 06LexIS
Report; after 514 miles of driving with the new tires/re-alignment and new bushings. NO MORE PULLING
That's all folks, if it comes back, I'll post here.
Congrats, what did they think the new bushings would do? I was lead to believe the ONLY fix needed was the tire swap?
Old 08-01-06, 10:53 AM
06LexIS
Driver

I'll write their verbal description on the paper work, they even gave me the before/after alignment findings
Old 08-01-06, 02:45 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Originally Posted by ES3
Cool, was corporate responsive to that? Did they seem to recognize the tire issue?
No, they didn't acknowledge the fact that it's a known issue or problem, but I let them know how many 2IS owners I PERSONALLY know (not just from the board) that have this problem. It's been a whole day since my 350 has been on the lift (when I went to pick up my loaner car an hour after I dropped it off, I already saw it on the lift with the hood open and tires off ), so at least now they're taking my complaint seriously.

Javier
Old 08-02-06, 09:55 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Well, I got my car back last night and I’m happy to report it drives STRAIGHT
I have no idea what they did, because the service form is written in “Toyota-ese” – here’s what it says, maybe someone can translate this:

A VEHICLE PULLS RH. ADVISE (TECHNICIAN NAME)

CAUSE: TSIB ST1004 *A,B,C,D,E.
ST1004 REPAIR MANUAL SUPPLEMENT VEH
PULLING TO ONE SIDE
100 WL

FC: 31,99
PART#: 4504609020
COUNT: 1
CLAIM TYPE: RG
AUTH CODE:

PERFORM TSIB ST1004 *A,B,C,D,E.

I’d like to know what TSIB ST1004 says…

Javier