IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Thursday is the day (supposedly)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-05, 06:35 PM
SilverBolt
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thursday is the day (supposedly)

Supposedly Thursday we will finally take delivery of our IS350. Silver, sport, nav, aero kit, rear spoiler. Wanted ML but can't get it here yet. Dealer keeps pushing us out so I am a little sceptical that we will really get it Thursday. Hope so but I have my doubts.
Old 12-27-05, 07:24 PM
Toyota_F1
Pole Position

How long you been waiting now? I ordered mine October 14th. I just wish I could drop into a dream like sleep until the dang thing gets here. I could even handle the waiting if I just knew when I was getting it for sure.
Old 12-27-05, 07:39 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SilverBolt
Supposedly Thursday we will finally take delivery of our IS350. Silver, sport, nav, aero kit, rear spoiler. Wanted ML but can't get it here yet. Dealer keeps pushing us out so I am a little sceptical that we will really get it Thursday. Hope so but I have my doubts.
Same as mine but without the OEM add-ons (if you got black interior, that is). I originally was told Thursday but delivery ended up being the Saturday after (two days late). They said the truck broke down that carries cars from the dock to the dealership... Could be, I guess...

It's worth the wait! I don't know when was the last time a car came out that has this combo of looks, performance, practicality, and reliability. You won't regret it.
Old 12-28-05, 01:26 AM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Trust me guys...

... this car is worth the wait. Good luck! *Crosses Fingers*

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 12-28-05, 06:19 AM
pita2go
Driver

my car was supposed to come in YESTERDAY.. but i called my sales person like 583924329 times.. and it's still not here.. i am on a LEASE.. i am already paying money... i want my car NOW.. ahhhhhhh
Old 12-28-05, 06:23 AM
berg7445
Rookie

Wait...u are paying on your lease already and don't actually have the car. I would think that your first month's payment would be pro rated to take into account the time in the monthly payment that you do not possess the car.
Old 12-28-05, 06:40 AM
SilverBolt
Driver

Ours is not a special order, just an allocated car. We put a deposite down in November were told we will have it Dec 15-20th at the latest. Black interior for us too. Not the color combo we wanted either. But as close as we could get without waiting their 4 months. That's the other crazy thing why do special orders take 4 months. Our last BMW was a special order and we had it in under 8 weeks. I guess Toyota's "lean" philosophy they really try to discourage giving the customer's what they really want. This will be a Lexus "test car" for us. First non-Euro luxuary type car. If we like it we will order exactly what we want and wait for it.

Now for the person paying for a lease without a car, that's just crazy. Why?
Old 12-28-05, 08:44 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pita2go
my car was supposed to come in YESTERDAY.. but i called my sales person like 583924329 times.. and it's still not here.. i am on a LEASE.. i am already paying money... i want my car NOW.. ahhhhhhh
Ya, you definitely should not be paying your lease before you even get the car???
Old 12-28-05, 08:51 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Ours is not a special order, just an allocated car. We put a deposite down in November were told we will have it Dec 15-20th at the latest. Black interior for us too. Not the color combo we wanted either. But as close as we could get without waiting their 4 months. That's the other crazy thing why do special orders take 4 months. Our last BMW was a special order and we had it in under 8 weeks. I guess Toyota's "lean" philosophy they really try to discourage giving the customer's what they really want. This will be a Lexus "test car" for us. First non-Euro luxuary type car. If we like it we will order exactly what we want and wait for it.

Now for the person paying for a lease without a car, that's just crazy. Why?
What exact combo did you want? I would have preferred that darker gray color, smoky granite mica. But, this was my second choice for exterior and first for interior (heard the lighter leather colors get dirty very easily), and I only waited around 2 weeks from placing the deposit to getting the car, so I can't complain that much.
Old 12-28-05, 06:26 PM
SilverBolt
Driver

Here is a big surprise. Dealer was supposed to call me today when the car showed up. So 5pm rolls around and no call. So I call him. Well the car didn't arrive so maybe tomorrow it will be here. They need a day to "dealer prep" the car so maybe Friday it will be ready. Keep in mind the local dealer is literally 10 miles from the port of entry. I ask where is the car? The answer I get is it should be at the port. Really? LOL So after much asking for a difinative delivery date he asks "what do you want from me"? Simple answer, our car or a difinative date we can pick it up. His reply "I am going to go beyond the norm and try to get more information". Since when is very basic customer service going beyond the norm? If I gave my customers that kind of service I would be out of business. Sorry for the rant but this is crazy. So far our "Lexus experience" SUCKS. Waiting I can deal with, constantly rescheduling appointments around promissed delivery dates is getting old fast.
Old 12-28-05, 06:35 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Welcome to the club. My dealer says they'll "keep in touch" to give me regular updates on the status of my order. Nothing. And when I do call or email, it takes them 2-3 days to reply (with no substantial info). I can't wait to fill out the customer satisfactino survey, hehe.
Old 12-29-05, 12:59 PM
SilverBolt
Driver

Dealer called, suposedly we will pick up our car at noon tomorrow. Hoping that they are right this time.
Old 12-29-05, 01:29 PM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

Hope you get your new baby soon!
Old 12-29-05, 01:36 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default It's Thursday!!!

Supposedly Thursday we will finally take delivery of our IS350...
So, did you get it?
Old 12-29-05, 01:42 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
So, did you get it?
Dealer called him I believe. Said it would be ready noon tomorrow (Friday). I bet the dealer has it and is spending a day "prepping" the car like most dealers do.

Cheers,
Kermee

Quick Reply: Thursday is the day (supposedly)