IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Late January or early February

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-05, 09:17 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Late January or early February

I just got a call from my dealer. I placed the order Oct. 20th and was told then that the wait would be 3 to 4 months. Looks like their forecast was correct. I am getting excited now. I've been trying to be real cool and not focus too much on the fact that I'm really gonna get me a new IS350. This phone call woke me up to the fact that "yes", soon the car will be in my garage!

He said that so far he's neither seen nor heard of another IS350 equipped like mine will be, so for awhile it appears that I'll have one of a very few with all options, PCS included. He also said that he has been very busy selling the IS and that he only had one 6sp. left to sell this week. Said business was very strong on the IS. Sounds reasonable to me. I think the car is great.

Just had to tell someone so my friends at CL are the first to hear. Hope now that all goes well and it really DOES arrive as ordered.
Old 12-28-05, 10:01 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So, how is your IS350 equipped?
Old 12-28-05, 10:03 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I got everything but PCS/radar cruise and HW options but no way I could wait until...February.

And I know other things are coming like satellite, etc.

Good luck with your 350, you are correct it will be nice.

Last edited by kensteele; 12-29-05 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-29-05, 08:03 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexustom
I just got a call from my dealer. I placed the order Oct. 20th and was told then that the wait would be 3 to 4 months. Looks like their forecast was correct. I am getting excited now. I've been trying to be real cool and not focus too much on the fact that I'm really gonna get me a new IS350. This phone call woke me up to the fact that "yes", soon the car will be in my garage!

He said that so far he's neither seen nor heard of another IS350 equipped like mine will be, so for awhile it appears that I'll have one of a very few with all options, PCS included. He also said that he has been very busy selling the IS and that he only had one 6sp. left to sell this week. Said business was very strong on the IS. Sounds reasonable to me. I think the car is great.

Just had to tell someone so my friends at CL are the first to hear. Hope now that all goes well and it really DOES arrive as ordered.
I beat the 15th of the month cutoff with my order, so I should be getting mine early Jan. I too got PCS (and ST, PA, HW, ML, NV). Looking forward to getting it.
Old 12-29-05, 08:08 AM
Lexustom
Advanced

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
So, how is your IS350 equipped?
It is white with the gray interior, Nav, ML, PCS (with the radar cruise) Lux pkg,, headlight washers, park assist. I don't think I missed anything. I figured I'm only going around once on this and it might as well have everything under the sun on it. I'm thinking about having chrome wheels put on as I like the chrome look with the white. You are right it has been a long wait and it ain't over yet.
Old 12-29-05, 09:39 AM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It is white with the gray interior, Nav, ML, PCS (with the radar cruise) Lux pkg,, headlight washers, park assist. I don't think I missed anything. I figured I'm only going around once on this and it might as well have everything under the sun on it. I'm thinking about having chrome wheels put on as I like the chrome look with the white. You are right it has been a long wait and it ain't over yet.
Cool! I think you did the right thing and you're going to love it when it finally arrives.

I was going to ask you to test PCS for us... but maybe that's a bad thing.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 12-29-05, 01:22 PM
BSQRD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who is the dealer?
Old 12-29-05, 03:46 PM
Toyota_F1
Pole Position

I too beat the cutoff and ordered my car Oct. 11. I just got notice internally here today that my car is built, it's on the ship, and I have a VIN.

Now if your car is coming through the portland port I heard they are delayed due to the holiday... if it arrived at port before 12/29 the latest those shipments should hit their delivering dealers should be Jan 6.

If it arrives at port after the 29th then the next set will leave port by the 6th and the first ones from that shipment will arrive no earlier than the 16th. I'm still hoping I get my car by the 13th since I have the 13th-17th off in anticipation of it arriving so I can get acquainted.

I even got my car a birthday cake with the vin on it. According to my wife I'm going a little overboard.
Old 12-29-05, 04:28 PM
upbull340
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Toyota_F1
I too beat the cutoff and ordered my car Oct. 11. I just got notice internally here today that my car is built, it's on the ship, and I have a VIN.

Now if your car is coming through the portland port I heard they are delayed due to the holiday... if it arrived at port before 12/29 the latest those shipments should hit their delivering dealers should be Jan 6.

If it arrives at port after the 29th then the next set will leave port by the 6th and the first ones from that shipment will arrive no earlier than the 16th. I'm still hoping I get my car by the 13th since I have the 13th-17th off in anticipation of it arriving so I can get acquainted.

I even got my car a birthday cake with the vin on it. According to my wife I'm going a little overboard.
You do know how the cars arrive in the midwest from either of the west coast ports don't you? It can be a slow and painful wait.
Old 12-29-05, 04:58 PM
Toyota_F1
Pole Position

Yup, I'm well aware. I'm expecting a wait of roughly 30 days still. But without having heard anything at all for over 2 months I was happy to get this news. My timeframe is accurate based on everyone else in the office (I work for TFS/LFS) barring any complications.

Still... can't be here fast enough.
Old 12-29-05, 10:17 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Originally Posted by BSQRD
Who is the dealer?
Tustin Lexus. They have been most agreeable and straight forward so far.
Old 01-02-06, 03:59 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Thanks for the Info Isaac. I like to hear updates, and I'm sure TimbolS does too.
I didn't make that cut off date in October 11th. Mine was ordered close to the 26th. Dealer says we're on schedule, for late Feb. we'll see. I will mention it to my dealer that you got a VIN when your car was put on the ship.

I would really feel like progress is being made if I got a vin. This 'black box' wait is killer. I think mine is suppose to come from Jacksonville Florida as port of entry.
Keep us updated to the progress of your delivery.

TimboIS: Have you heard anything lately?
Old 01-02-06, 04:27 PM
Tony1
Lead Lap

How much did you pay for it??
Old 01-02-06, 04:31 PM
QikSilvr
Driver

Feb should be a good month.
Mine is due on Valentine's Day.

I asked the dealer to check on the status but they tell me they will know nothing until it hits port.
Seems strange they do not have a better tracking method.

When we ordered the wife's 330CiC from BMW, they sent me emails with status, ie: Frame complete, body complete, interior, engine, shipped, arrived, etc.
Old 01-02-06, 05:00 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Qiksilvr:
Which NC dealer did you order from? Did you order from a NC dealer? October?
we ordered from Flow in Kernersville.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Late January or early February