IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My stereo stopped working for a minute

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-05, 12:59 PM
cooney
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ken, do you use the "standard" 128 kbs sampling rate for music on the iPod or something higher?

Thanks.
Old 12-30-05, 01:26 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kensteele
Ok, the real reason why this all happened was from this post https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193497 after I read it.

Seems I had my nano connected to the aux port straight from the earjack. Even though I have the Belkin charger plugged into the nano dock port. I didn't realize the Belkin charger had a jack built into the charger so you don't have to connect thru the Nano earjack. Once I switched over, my setup sounded a lot better.

Then I wanted to see how close this partucular setup came to putting that same music on a CD and it's at this point, now I can't tell that much of a difference between a straight CD and using the nano connected to the aux port using the dock plug (not the earjack).
"Same" meaning you burned an MP3 CD, so it's the exact same files, but one is using the iPod to decode the music, while the other is using the stereo's built-in MP3 player to decode the music?

Cuz I imagine music from an actual Audio CD will always sound better than music from an iPod. Like if you ripped songs from a CD, put the files on your iPod, and then played the original CD vs. the iPod, the CD would always win...
Old 12-30-05, 01:42 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cooney
Ken, do you use the "standard" 128 kbs sampling rate for music on the iPod or something higher?

Thanks.
I use the standard.
Old 12-30-05, 01:44 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by diablo1
"Same" meaning you burned an MP3 CD, so it's the exact same files, but one is using the iPod to decode the music, while the other is using the stereo's built-in MP3 player to decode the music?

Cuz I imagine music from an actual Audio CD will always sound better than music from an iPod. Like if you ripped songs from a CD, put the files on your iPod, and then played the original CD vs. the iPod, the CD would always win...
Yes the CD will win in that case. "Same" I meant same artist/title. So what do you get when you put a blank CD in your Mac, create a playlist of songs in iTunes, and then click on "burn"? That's all I did....
Old 12-31-05, 01:30 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kensteele
Yes the CD will win in that case. "Same" I meant same artist/title. So what do you get when you put a blank CD in your Mac, create a playlist of songs in iTunes, and then click on "burn"? That's all I did....
If you're using iTunes, I think it would make an MP3 CD. I don't think it can write Audio CD format, unless it is copying straight from one Audio CD to the other (and then you probably wouldn't need iTunes).
Old 12-31-05, 04:31 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by diablo1
If you're using iTunes, I think it would make an MP3 CD. I don't think it can write Audio CD format, unless it is copying straight from one Audio CD to the other (and then you probably wouldn't need iTunes).
Of course iTunes can make Audio CD's. Geez, just look under the burning prefs, instead of spreading misinformation!
Old 06-28-06, 03:34 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

My stereo stopped working twice today (first time since last posting months ago). The only way to get the audio back was to turn off the car. Is there anyway to "reboot" the stereo while driving? Both times it happened, the sounds was going along just fine and then quit abruptly. No AM, no FM, no DVD, no iPod....all the visuals were there, just no sound. And that includes the Navi, no beeps, no blips, no bells, no keybeeps.

Not a huge inconvenience but just wondering if this is leading to a total failure.
Old 06-28-06, 06:01 PM
HaveBlue
Driver

Bummer! This overheat/overload amplifier issue seems pretty prevailant on the ML. Is there a Ctrl-Alt-Delete button?
Old 06-28-06, 06:11 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Ken, if you remember, this happened to me also a while back. I created a thread for it...

Anyway, when I went in for my 5k service, I told them what happened and to take a look at the amp since it could be a faulty amp. The service guy told me that they looked at it and they didn't find any faulty amp. Surprise surprise right? He also said that it was just the syst***s way of shutting down due to overload, to protect it from blowing up or something. He made it seem very normal. I'm not an audiophile so I dunno how "normal" this should be that it would shut down like this?