IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Navigation Hack DIY Part One - Enable DVD, Phonebook & MP3 Folder While Moving

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-06 | 09:16 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Double check if your wires are loose. You have to make sure that the connection is SOLID. Re-check that you bridged the right wires. There should be NO side effects from this modification. I have done my fair share of this modification for a couple ClubLexus Members here, and ran into the same problems only to realize the wire came loose. Only one isolated one case though.
Old 07-08-06 | 10:23 AM
bape206
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pocky
Double check if your wires are loose. You have to make sure that the connection is SOLID. Re-check that you bridged the right wires. There should be NO side effects from this modification. I have done my fair share of this modification for a couple ClubLexus Members here, and ran into the same problems only to realize the wire came loose. Only one isolated one case though.
I'm thinking that miht be the case.... I going to check it out today. It's sooooo irritading to watch a incorrect map.
Old 07-08-06 | 02:27 PM
IS3FIDDY
Driver

Originally Posted by bape206
I'm thinking that miht be the case.... I going to check it out today. It's sooooo irritading to watch a incorrect map.
You don't even mention anything about grounding the red wire in your post...did you do it???
Old 07-08-06 | 03:58 PM
bape206
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SuperLexy
You don't even mention anything about grounding the red wire in your post...did you do it???
Yeah, the DVD works during driving.... So i tried to see if the connection was bad or not. They are pretty solid connected. I was going through the manual and notice it mentioned something about tinting windows will mess up the navi. I just got my windows tinted. I'm thinking my tinted windows have to do something with the accuracy.

Then....... After putting everything back together.... I started to play around with the navi and accidently pushed the eject button for the navi disc.... Now, i have no navi due to my stupid ***.... I have to find out how to remove the clock in order to push the disc back in.... SO FRUSTRATING!
Old 07-08-06 | 10:27 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, the DVD works during driving.... So i tried to see if the connection was bad or not. They are pretty solid connected. I was going through the manual and notice it mentioned something about tinting windows will mess up the navi. I just got my windows tinted. I'm thinking my tinted windows have to do something with the accuracy.

Then....... After putting everything back together.... I started to play around with the navi and accidently pushed the eject button for the navi disc.... Now, i have no navi due to my stupid ***.... I have to find out how to remove the clock in order to push the disc back in.... SO FRUSTRATING!
Here's a link to show you how to do it.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=dvd+disk
Old 07-09-06 | 12:39 AM
jt4you
Driver School Candidate

Default dumb questions

Hey, Im going to get a IS350, not sure this years or the '07, but I was wondeirng about this hack:

1.) can you play dvd movies on the non ML? or in order to play movies you have to have the ML system?

2.) does the GPS guide you while you're watching the movie?

3.) so if you get this hack to work, you the nav will have caller ID and you can access the phonebook while moving?

Just making sure before I choose between ML and non ML. Thanks!
Old 07-09-06 | 08:26 AM
DotheIS350
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys... I just did the mod and it was pretty simple. Now I'm having problem with my navigation postion. It's not positioning with my car. I'm not sure if it has to do anything with the pink and white wire I cut..... Can anyone advise? I tried to colabe my position and it's still not working....
Mine is doing same thing as yours. How long does it last? Mine lasts from a few seconds to 15 seconds or so.
Then everything is lined up.
Old 07-09-06 | 09:01 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jt4you
Hey, Im going to get a IS350, not sure this years or the '07, but I was wondeirng about this hack:

1.) can you play dvd movies on the non ML? or in order to play movies you have to have the ML system?

2.) does the GPS guide you while you're watching the movie?

3.) so if you get this hack to work, you the nav will have caller ID and you can access the phonebook while moving?

Just making sure before I choose between ML and non ML. Thanks!
You need ML to play movies. The base stereo has a CD changer, not a DVD changer. You are very unlikely to find an '06 IS350 with ML in Maryland, since none of the dealer allocations in the Northeast came with it.
Old 07-11-06 | 09:34 AM
thehaloboy
Driver School Candidate

I did the hack (I am in Australia, and was worried wire colors would be different) and the first time, I messed up the pink and white wires, and the Nav had no idea where I was.

I then re did it, and it seems to know where I am, but just doesnt feel as smooth as pre-hack.

I went into the server menu (the vol/navigation hack screen to override nav) and in there is a GPS indo screen.

I dont seem to have any Satelites in there. I am not sure if I am supposed to. Does any one know how to tell how many Sats you are picking up?

On another note, and hack to make DVD player region free, so I can play my USA dvd's here in Oz...
Old 07-11-06 | 11:47 AM
flyfl1pguy

Anyone wanna do this hack in SO.CAL. together? I want to do this with someone. Just dont want to mess anything up on the car. . .
Old 07-11-06 | 12:02 PM
MeTrO
Driver

If you want to come over to Vegas, I can help you out.
Old 07-11-06 | 12:04 PM
flyfl1pguy

Originally Posted by MeTrO
If you want to come over to Vegas, I can help you out.
WOW! i got help and its from VEGAS. . .
Old 07-11-06 | 12:27 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Originally Posted by flyfl1pguy
Anyone wanna do this hack in SO.CAL. together? I want to do this with someone. Just dont want to mess anything up on the car. . .
PM me, I can do it for you. But I now charge a small fee for the work. If you are free tonight, Hit me up. I'm going to be doing one tonight.
Old 07-11-06 | 12:32 PM
flyfl1pguy

Originally Posted by pocky
PM me, I can do it for you. But I now charge a small fee for the work. If you are free tonight, Hit me up. I'm going to be doing one tonight.
You charge now? How about a six pack of for your fee . Ill pm you later not free during the weekdays.
Old 07-11-06 | 12:38 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Originally Posted by flyfl1pguy
You charge now? How about a six pack of for your fee . Ill pm you later not free during the weekdays.
LOL, Yes I charge now. We can talk about it later. I can do it at Aerotect if you like.

Quick Reply: Navigation Hack DIY Part One - Enable DVD, Phonebook & MP3 Folder While Moving