SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes you can dial on the screen.
Old 02-18-07, 07:29 PM
Sundance
Driver

My IS is 3 days old and I did the NavHac last night. It really works well and the DIY and pics were great !

Thanks

Sundance
Old 02-18-07, 07:36 PM
houstonT
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does this mod allow you to type in destinations (search destinations) while driving?
Peter
Old 02-18-07, 08:08 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by houstonT
Does this mod allow you to type in destinations (search destinations) while driving?
Peter
This mod does not specifically allow this. You must use the override if it is applicable.
Old 02-19-07, 06:46 AM
houstonT
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ken - thanks for the response. Can you tell me where the override mod is? What exactly can you do with this mod? Type telephone numbers while moving, what else?

Peter
Old 02-19-07, 03:26 PM
BottomsUp
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 93illini
Does the hack allow me to use the phonepad to dial numbers or will I be restricted to phonebook entries?
Yes you can use the phone pad
Old 02-19-07, 03:31 PM
BottomsUp
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by houstonT
ken - thanks for the response. Can you tell me where the override mod is? What exactly can you do with this mod? Type telephone numbers while moving, what else?

Peter
The hack in this thread enables MP3/CD folders and the song detail screen while moving, full phone capability, and a few other menu options while in motion.

A seperate hack is required to enable destination change while in motion. I can't find that thread, but Technique posted it I believe.

The problem with the 'seperate hack' is that you car location icon will be choppy and jumpy. This is due to the fact that the car uses your speed to estimate your location between GPS connections. The hack removes speed input from the nav unit so it thinks you are stopped.

The side effect of this is that the car can no longer calculate your position and relies solely on GPS info which causes the jumpyness. Some have installed a toggle switch to avoid this problem.
Old 02-20-07, 12:35 PM
rollinboy
Rookie

I don't know if you would have to call it a seperate hack. I just did this one yesterday but instead of connecting the Pink and White/Silver directly together I wired them to a switch mounted in the dead panel next to the rear sunshade. When the circuit is completed I get normal DVD hack without Destination override. When curcuit is broken all destination menus become available. Type in whatever address or search for POI, route it and switch back to normal hack. It works perfectly: **1 thing to keep in mind however. It is mentioned alot on the forum that you should connect the wireloom side of the pink wire to the Wireloom side of the White/Silver. Remember that is refering to the White/Silver section coming from the J50. That wire goes out of the J50 right into another connector below it. If you remove that wireloom all together it may get a little confusing on which side is considered the loom side. Just make sure that the wires you capped are both coming out of the J50. **
I did the normal hack plus switch, added a switch to give 12V to the Blue J50 so I could turn on the rear camera at will, and ground the e-brake wire for the DVD Video hack. Now I finally feel like I have a functional IS.
Old 02-26-07, 12:39 PM
jt4you
Driver School Candidate

hey I was wondering how you ground the wire if you have the ML package. What does that mean? do you just let the wire touch the metal frame? If so, how do you make it stay in that position? thanks
Old 02-26-07, 02:56 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

haha... i dunno who it is but someone's trying to sell this hack on ebay...

shame on you whoever you are....
Old 02-26-07, 03:41 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Batmobile
haha... i dunno who it is but someone's trying to sell this hack on ebay...

shame on you whoever you are....
"selling" this hack on ebay is stupid and dangerous... whoever is doing it is crazy... but I looked at their profile and they have 100% positive feedback, go figure...
Old 03-01-07, 09:22 AM
kqt2ktval
Driver

I got the dealer to replace my navigation screen becuase there is one dead pixel. I didnt' really think they would do it, but they did. Anyway the day before I brought my car in, I undo the Bluetooth / Mp3 hack, and put back the original map disc. I cut between two J50 and P1 wire from the wire loom which I connected for the hack and hid it. Picked up my car today and the hack still works. Do you really need to connect the J50 and P1 wire together from the wire loom end once you cut it?

I placed the hybrid disc back in and went to pull the fuse to reload the firmware. I notice the fuse is missing. Damn tech must have forgotten to put it back. My bluetooth was reset, and I lost the phonebook.

Last edited by kqt2ktval; 03-01-07 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-08-07, 03:09 PM
JLANE
Driver School Candidate

Question Navigation Hack

I just recently followed the step-by-step instructions, and it still doesn't work. I used electrical tape instead of a wire nut, has anyone else had complications? Its quite strange, I spliced the wires and everything still works just like it did before.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-17-07, 10:01 AM
rollinboy
Rookie

Ok guys, So i did the hack and it works almost perfectly first try. I did notice one thing though. I opted to do the inline switch that breaks or completes the connection of the White and Pink wires. Basically with the switch in the circuit complete setting I get normal Phonebook, MP3, blah blah hack. No jumpy NAV or anything, works great. Then with the curcuit broken I am able to input a new destination, of course NAV gets Jumpy. I did notice however that if I leave the curcuit broken for more than about 30-45 seconds it automatically disables the Destination feature. Has anyone else had that problem?

While I was in there I also did the DVD hack to watch movies as well as wired up a switch for the rear camera. Has anyone activated the camera while driving and then flipped to map mode? It thinks your vehicle is going backwards, it's kinda crazy.
Old 03-17-07, 10:22 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rollinboy
Ok guys, So i did the hack and it works almost perfectly first try. I did notice one thing though. I opted to do the inline switch that breaks or completes the connection of the White and Pink wires. Basically with the switch in the circuit complete setting I get normal Phonebook, MP3, blah blah hack. No jumpy NAV or anything, works great. Then with the curcuit broken I am able to input a new destination, of course NAV gets Jumpy. I did notice however that if I leave the curcuit broken for more than about 30-45 seconds it automatically disables the Destination feature. Has anyone else had that problem?

While I was in there I also did the DVD hack to watch movies as well as wired up a switch for the rear camera. Has anyone activated the camera while driving and then flipped to map mode? It thinks your vehicle is going backwards, it's kinda crazy.
Hey,

Ya, if you look at my DIY post for the nav hack with switch, you'll see that I mention the 1-2 minutes thing about the nav entry going away...

This happens because even though the speed signal is cut, the nav still gets lat and lon pings every mile or so... So, if you are traveling at highway speeds, you only have less than a minute... If you are at slower speeds, 30 mph, it won't gray out for a few minutes...

BUT, here's what you do to fix this Just flip the switch back, so the nav is smooth... Then 5 seconds later, flip the switch to cut the circuit again and you can continue where you left off!

PS - Glad to hear everything worked perfectly! What switch did you use? Where did you mount it? Pics!

Quick Reply: Navigation Hack DIY Part One - Enable DVD, Phonebook & MP3 Folder While Moving