red whip
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump for more info...
Old 05-04-07, 05:21 PM
jamessinh
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I got an 07 IS350 with ML. Follow the directions and dvd playback works fine withe no problem or side effects.
Old 05-06-07, 12:49 PM
RamshakleZ
Pole Position

Default Nav Address...

Yes, yes, yes... I know - "do a search". I did do a search and get hundreds of posts returned. The problem is after reading through a couple of them, there seems to be a big change in how this all works between 2006 and 2007 models.

I know that the nav override via the screen doesn't work anymore on the 2007 system. However, what I could not figure out was if the nav hack that requires you to cut some wires... does that work on the 2007 models? I am also worried about it messing with the accuracy of the nav system. I know someone installed a push button that would activate this hack (so you could enter in a destination) and then deactivate it so that the speed sensors kept the navigation accuracy correct. Could someone point me to the post showing how to install this push button... I couldn't find it.

Thanks!!
Old 05-06-07, 12:54 PM
RamshakleZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RamshakleZ
Yes, yes, yes... I know - "do a search". I did do a search and get hundreds of posts returned. The problem is after reading through a couple of them, there seems to be a big change in how this all works between 2006 and 2007 models.

I know that the nav override via the screen doesn't work anymore on the 2007 system. However, what I could not figure out was if the nav hack that requires you to cut some wires... does that work on the 2007 models? I am also worried about it messing with the accuracy of the nav system. I know someone installed a push button that would activate this hack (so you could enter in a destination) and then deactivate it so that the speed sensors kept the navigation accuracy correct. Could someone point me to the post showing how to install this push button... I couldn't find it.

Thanks!!
Nevermind... I found it!!
Old 05-06-07, 03:22 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RamshakleZ
Nevermind... I found it!!
Well post it here too man!
Old 05-06-07, 03:37 PM
RamshakleZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Well post it here too man!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...av+hack+switch
Old 05-06-07, 03:40 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Nice, thanks.
Old 05-06-07, 11:35 PM
lwilliams
Driver School Candidate

Does this mod work with the 2007 LS460?
Old 05-08-07, 01:39 PM
GraniteZ
Driver School Candidate

As a long time reader, first time poster, I thought my first post should be to this thread as I've successfully completed this DVD modification. Let me first thank all the original contributors (tim817) and additional folks who posted this modification. I am now enjoying the ability to (safely/smartly) monitor in-dash video content in my 2006 IS 350, as well as dial any number in my on-screen phone book.

I think at the very least I need to contibute as I've studied this modification for nearly 10 months before having the confidence to try it. Understand that my Silver IS 350 with ground effects, ML sound system, 18" Spyder rims and just about every other accesory available was a birthday gift from my wife. I was terrified to do anything that would otherwise damage or possibly scar this amazing show of affection from her.

This weekend, armed with all the postings, photos and videos I carefully proceeded to 'upgrade' the DVD, Nav system. I don't know that it's necessary to re-create every step as they are all posted within this thread. However, I would like to share a couple of 'alternate' steps that may ease the process for some (and reduce the possibility of cosmetic damage). I came up with these when the posted steps weren't going the way I thought they would.

Trim Removal - Believe or not, this was the toughest part for me (next to the infamous vents). My worry was not in the ability to remove the trim pieces, but avoiding any scratches to the area around them. The most useful piece of information I found was from AgBlue's videos (page 6). Using two credit cards, the trim popped right off as shown.

Vents - It cannot be over-emphasized that you really need to have the right tools to successfully complete this task. Removing the vents took me an hour only because I made darn sure that anything I was attempting would not have irreversable damage. To that end, I could not find anywhere on the vents where a plastic pick or wedge would get enough hold to pull the vent loose. After I hit the 1 hour mark, I decide to try something different. Remember the 4 clips that you need to pull down in order to start to remove the vents? Well it turns out there is just enough space in the hole of the first clip to fit a U-shaped hex key. A standard L-shaped key won't help because there's nothing to give you leverage. One end of the he U-shaped fits right into the hole, while the other gives you something to gentle pull with. In no time at all, the entire vent came loose on the left side, then repeating the process in the far right clip hole loosened the other.

Once removed, I decided against disconnecting the vent and simple layed it across the top dash-board.

Wiring - Follow all the instruction per previous post (check your wiring reference multiple times before making the cuts). The only variation I made here was instead of using crimping or capping connectors, I simply twisted the white w/silver painted wire with the pink wire together and taped them off. This kept the wiring looking pretty clean.

Sorry this was so long, but I hope it was as helpful for everyone as everyones been for me. It feels like I have a brand new car. The big test came with my wife. She loved watching "The Office" while we were driving to dinner.

Thanks again!
Old 05-08-07, 01:49 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Awesome man! Thanks for oure input and welcome to CL as a member now! I think you will be a valuable asset to our group!
Old 05-12-07, 10:45 AM
s0l0
Driver School Candidate

Angry someone is selling this info on ebay, what a rip off!!!

Wow, I was curious and bought these instructions from eBay. They are directly word for word and same pics taken from here on CL. Tim, are you the seller also on eBay because otherwise this would a total scam. Just had to let out my anger for losing $10 for the auction . Hahaa, oh wells, let me know if it's you who sold this info on eBay. The link to the sold info is here:
http://www.RealityBasedSolutions.com...ent/is-dvd.htm
Old 05-18-07, 12:46 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Bringing it back....
Old 05-18-07, 01:31 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by s0l0
Wow, I was curious and bought these instructions from eBay. They are directly word for word and same pics taken from here on CL. Tim, are you the seller also on eBay because otherwise this would a total scam. Just had to let out my anger for losing $10 for the auction . Hahaa, oh wells, let me know if it's you who sold this info on eBay. The link to the sold info is here:
http://www.RealityBasedSolutions.com...ent/is-dvd.htm
Yep, its been on there for a long time now. There are actually a couple of people out there doing it. Eh whatever. To each their own.
Old 05-23-07, 09:01 AM
Flyboy71
Driver School Candidate

I've got a 2006 IS350 with DVD/NAV. I just found out there is a way to enable the nav system to accept inputs while moving simply by a sequence of touches on the screen. Can anyone confirm this? If so, how in the heck do I do it. That system has been driving me nuts for a year and a half now! Thanks.
Old 05-23-07, 09:51 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Flyboy71
I've got a 2006 IS350 with DVD/NAV. I just found out there is a way to enable the nav system to accept inputs while moving simply by a sequence of touches on the screen. Can anyone confirm this? If so, how in the heck do I do it. That system has been driving me nuts for a year and a half now! Thanks.
You will have to do this each time you start the car (if you want to use it). Press MENU, Volume, tap upper left corner, then tap lower left corner, repeat taps 3 times and the secret menu will appear. There will be an Overrid button, hold it for 3 secs and it will turn solid blue. Done.

Quick Reply: Navigation Hack DIY Part One - Enable DVD, Phonebook & MP3 Folder While Moving