Navigation Hack DIY Part One - Enable DVD, Phonebook & MP3 Folder While Moving

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-08, 05:44 PM
zduchene
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI...

Here is the wire diagram for the hack

edit...I like to keep a copy of this type of stuff so I can remember what I did to the stereo.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
IS250 RADIO HACK.pdf (38.9 KB, 616 views)
Old 02-29-08, 11:28 PM
Cali2is
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Question regarding the nav override kit. Which button (DVD or Nav) is used in order to see the folders and files during music playback. I understand the Nav button is only activated for 5 minutes max. There was a reference to this in a previous post but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks...
Old 03-01-08, 07:48 AM
chb402
Driver

Default ...

"NAVI"

"NAVI"

"NAVI"

Originally Posted by Cali2is
Question regarding the nav override kit. Which button (DVD or Nav) is used in order to see the folders and files during music playback. I understand the Nav button is only activated for 5 minutes max. There was a reference to this in a previous post but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks...
Old 03-12-08, 02:53 PM
drive01
Driver School Candidate

man...this thing worked like a charm!! (including the switch install) Freakin awesome! thank you for the write up!!!! I bought an ipod adapter and did everything at the same time.
Just a couple words of advice:
follow directions very carefully.
the white wire w/ the silver paint is actually just solid white. There are 2 other white wires on the same connector, but have stripes in them, I think one is red striped, the other is black. The wire you want is solid white, with no stripes. There is silver paint thats on there is more like if a kid took a silver paint marker and randomly wrote on all wires.
Also, most of the wires coming out of the P1 connector go straight down to another connector lower on the nav unit. So when the write up says "wire loom side" try to ignore that lower connector and pretend that it actually goes into a wire loom. So you have the wire loom side and the connector side.

The Red wire out of the J50 connector needs to be grounded. you ground the wire on the connector side this time. (the other wires you're concerned about the wire loom side)

I did the DIY part 2 where you install the switch. I don't like how jumpy it is, so the switch is a big fat

Anyway, thanks again to TIM817 for the awesome writeup!! I seriously can't thank you enough.

Sorry if this is thread hijacking but:
Here's some more info if any of you are interested in ipod adapters while your in there. (look for a post by "drive01" almost towards the bottom of the page) http://my.is/forums/f159/lexus-ipod-...on-kit-353171/
Old 03-18-08, 04:28 PM
baomao123
Driver School Candidate

Is there anyone that lives near Burbank, CA that is willing to do the NAV HACK for me? I am willing to pay a little $ for your time.

I'm a total newbie so I'm not very comfortable / confident in doing this.

Thanks.
Old 03-18-08, 04:34 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by baomao123
Is there anyone that lives near Burbank, CA that is willing to do the NAV HACK for me? I am willing to pay a little $ for your time.

I'm a total newbie so I'm not very comfortable / confident in doing this.

Thanks.
You should post a request in the SoCal Forum.

We have a bunch of members that have done it...
Old 03-30-08, 02:40 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

THANKS to all that contribute to this thread, I was able to do my NAV hack on my 08 ISF in 1 hour, pictures to come later. THANKS AGAIN!!!
Old 03-30-08, 02:48 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chikken
THANKS to all that contribute to this thread, I was able to do my NAV hack on my 08 ISF in 1 hour, pictures to come later. THANKS AGAIN!!!
Great job! Looking forward to the pics...
Old 03-30-08, 11:23 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

guess i can't post any pics....sorry

go to this thread...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...93#post3404693

Last edited by chikken; 03-30-08 at 11:41 PM.
Old 04-08-08, 01:13 PM
japkong
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Technique
Everyone with a 2007 who has done the hack, please download these 2 video clips and report back which your nav looks like... "smooth" or "jumpy"...

These are .MP4 files that I've renamed as .AVI.

IS350_Smooth_Nav.avi
IS350_Jumpy_Nav.avi

Hi Technique

l have a 2007 IS 350 w navi, l ve tried to mod the navi, l don't know which step l messed up, while driving, l only can use the phone & check the file of the MP3, but l still can not do anything with the navi, any ideas?? thanks a lot!
Old 04-08-08, 01:55 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by japkong
Hi Technique

l have a 2007 IS 350 w navi, l ve tried to mod the navi, l don't know which step l messed up, while driving, l only can use the phone & check the file of the MP3, but l still can not do anything with the navi, any ideas?? thanks a lot!
did you put a switch in? If not this is the problem.
Old 04-08-08, 02:32 PM
japkong
Driver School Candidate

switch? no? is it easy to put a switch? so it does need a switch to mod the navi?
Old 04-08-08, 02:37 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

switch? no? is it easy to put a switch? so it does need a switch to mod the navi?
In order to do destination while in motion. If not then once you are traveling around 5mph or so it will lock out the navi so you cant input anymore. The switch allows you about 1 minute to enter then switch it back when done. Its easy to install and worth it since you have done the rest Technique did this on his thread or there may be some info posted in this thread. Probably the easiest is to open that thread and see. If that doesn't work let us know!
Old 04-08-08, 02:41 PM
japkong
Driver School Candidate

passnu 2, thanks for your answer, so we can not use the navi without the switch? do you know where you can buy the switch? what size of the switch?
Old 04-08-08, 02:45 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

passnu 2, thanks for your answer, so we can not use the navi without the switch? do you know where you can buy the switch? what size of the switch?
Your welcome!
i just got an automotive switch from radio shack for like 2$ or maybe less?? cant recall now. Others have a toyota/lexus switch and mounted it next to the switches on the dash there are a few empty slots. You can mount this where you find it to work best for you.

Quick Reply: Navigation Hack DIY Part One - Enable DVD, Phonebook & MP3 Folder While Moving