View Poll Results: Which Package did you get for you IS350
IS350 with Sport Package
55.80%
IS350 with Luxury Package
23.76%
IS350 with Premium Package
20.44%
Voters: 362. You may not vote on this poll

How many people is lucky enough to get a IS350 with Sport Package?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-06, 11:18 PM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyxcom
while I agree that availability is low overall. There are certainly more lux's then sports sitting on the lot.

When I called around for mine, all 6 or so of the dealers I talked to had lux's.
Where at in cali. There is not a Sports or Lux just sitting on the lot in the LA area. They are selling before they even hit the lot. My Lux will be here on the 26th. Smokey granite/ black interior. Have you seen any of those. I would like to skip the wait but havent been able to find one sooner.
Old 03-10-06, 08:24 AM
Leechiro
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got my car at lexus of tacoma (fife) and i saw about 5 IS350. i think 4 of them had the sport package. i was lead to believe the sport package was practically a norm.
Old 03-10-06, 10:54 AM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Leechiro
i got my car at lexus of tacoma (fife) and i saw about 5 IS350. i think 4 of them had the sport package. i was lead to believe the sport package was practically a norm.
Yea same around the LA area. Altho all are hard to find and there was nothing really sitting on any lot, i found more sports packages on the allocation lists then Lux.
Old 03-10-06, 11:17 AM
napa
Driver School Candidate

I bought a Tungsten Pearl Sport IS350 with NAV/ML (no park assist or headlamp washers) from Jim Falk Lexus in Beverly Hills, CA. From the people I talked to including the salesperson, people prepping my car for delivery, etc., it was the second sport model they saw coming through. This was about 2 weeks ago. I got lucky, had the same car special ordered through another dealer (4 month wait) but got a call from Jim Falk Lexus saying they have a IS350 sport coming and it's mine if I want it. Thus, my total wait from when I first made the commitment to purchase an IS350 and taking delivery was about 6 weeks.

For me the suspension is fine. If I had to do it over, I'd probably go for the non-sport suspension, but I'm not regretting my choice. As my friend pointed out, "I'm not that young anymore..." Even with the sport suspension, the car is really solid and takes imperfections in the road pretty well.
Old 03-10-06, 11:22 AM
integlikew
Lead Lap

I personally want the wood and luxury look inside. Thats really the only reason I went with the luxury over the sport pack. The rear sun shade ill probley never use but it is nice to show it off. Also the luxury pack comes with the lights door sill gards too right?
Old 03-10-06, 12:04 PM
Vmdc
Driver School Candidate

When I looked at the Lux verses the Sprt, I liked the fact that it didn't have wood trim. When you start seeing wood trim in a Ford Taurus... it kinda looses it's luxury appeal. So the wood trim wasn't my thing, and I wanted the aluminum pedals I'm happy with my choice, I love the firm feel and no roll in the turns.

But the illuminated panels are pretty sweet, and I might have to add those later.
Old 03-10-06, 08:54 PM
brewkp4
Pole Position

Did have the extra cash to spring for any of the packages. Now if I did, I would have spiced up the Lux package because I think with the AWD you cannot get the Sports.
Old 03-16-06, 06:52 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Wow. 51% of IS350 survey respondents have the Sport package. I find that VERY hard to believe.
its up to 53% Sport pkg....!?!?!??!

maybe people are voting on what they want or WISH they had.

Last edited by bagwell; 03-17-06 at 04:10 AM.
Old 03-16-06, 10:28 PM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bagwell
its up to 61% Sport pkg....!?!?!??!

maybe people are voting on what they want or WISH they had.
Nope its just that when most of the people that dont have a sport package see the thread title about a sport packge they pass the thread and dont vote.
Old 03-17-06, 07:46 AM
DirtySouth
Rookie

Originally Posted by integlikew
Nope its just that when most of the people that dont have a sport package see the thread title about a sport packge they pass the thread and dont vote.
w0rd...unfortunately that poll wont be too accurate.
Old 05-16-06, 07:22 AM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

Maybe the title should be "Which package do you have on your IS350?" to get a more accurate picture.
Old 05-17-06, 11:02 AM
IS300to350
Driver School Candidate

I went from an IS300 w/ Eibach springs and 35 series 19" tires and that car road better than the Sport package on the IS350. I drove the non sport and did not like the wood interior the dealership suggested I buy the Sport Pkg then and explained that it had 1/2inch lowering springs and no wood. After driving it home i noticed that the car is very stiff. after doing some research I noticed the care has Tokico struts on it. It feels like the dampening on the struts is too stiff.
Old 05-18-06, 02:49 PM
monkeyfarm
Driver

Originally Posted by IS300to350
I went from an IS300 w/ Eibach springs and 35 series 19" tires and that car road better than the Sport package on the IS350. I drove the non sport and did not like the wood interior the dealership suggested I buy the Sport Pkg then and explained that it had 1/2inch lowering springs and no wood. After driving it home i noticed that the car is very stiff. after doing some research I noticed the care has Tokico struts on it. It feels like the dampening on the struts is too stiff.
Obviously whatever you're used to is going to influence your opinion of the suspension. Personally, I'm perfectly happy with it the way it is. It's damped better than other cars I've driven recently, but you're more isolated from the harshness of the bumps just due to all the noise insulation. There is a bit too much jounce, but given that it's a 3500lb 4-door sedan and exhibits almost ZERO body roll in the corners, I'm thrilled with it.
Old 06-11-06, 07:11 PM
lexus_z
Driver School Candidate

Sports packaged vehicles are less available. If you are truly serious about one, (and have money to put down as a deposit) you can have any dealer procure one from the available build list that they get each month. Definately do your homework, the dealer won't usually work too hard to find one if they don't have one on their own lot. I called every dealer within my area and went to see any one that had the package I wanted. Bought one the same day (4th dealer, 400 miles later) from Lexus of Glendale. Note: confirm they have what they say they have before you waste your time driving there!
Old 06-12-06, 12:54 PM
jedidia
Driver School Candidate

Default Oakland Collesium had one last week

in smokey granite. They are available.

Quick Reply: How many people is lucky enough to get a IS350 with Sport Package?