IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

LMS performance parts almost ready for the IS350

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-06, 07:39 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts
Talking LMS performance parts almost ready for the IS350

I got an email from LMS this morning in regards to my question as to when the intake/exhaust will be available for the IS350. See below:

"Thank you for your interest in the LMS performance parts.
Yes, we have an exhaust and intake for that vehicle.The intake yielded 12 RWHP on a mustang dyno and the exhaust yielded 22 RWHP. The intakes should be ready to ship next week and the exhaust will be ready to ship by the end of the month. Would you like the intake in a black texture coat finish or polished? The exhaust is 100% polished stainless steel.

Thanks again for your interest.

Sincerely,

Steven E Larkin
President/ CEO
Luxury Motorworks, LTD
(626) 256-4849"
Old 01-11-06, 07:41 AM
ONEdirty23
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, I would def. be interested in the exhaust, given that it doesn't raise noise too much. I'll probably wait to see if some one gets it and posts sound clips.
Old 01-11-06, 07:43 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ONEdirty23
Nice, I would def. be interested in the exhaust, given that it doesn't raise noise too much. I'll probably wait to see if some one gets it and posts sound clips.
Yeah I responded back to his email and requested photos and sound clips if available.
Old 01-11-06, 07:53 AM
GSE25
Lead Lap

Do you know if these parts are available for the 250/250awd models?
Old 01-11-06, 07:54 AM
Seattle350
Rookie

Any prices yet?
Old 01-11-06, 09:30 AM
JimRHIT
Driver School Candidate

well, their IS300 intake is $225 + shipping.

exhaust prices, they don't have any listed for other vehicles ...so who knows?
Old 01-11-06, 09:59 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

I just called and talked to Steve and ordered a black intake. Cost is $225+shipping. You can also get polished, but I prefer a more OEM look and got the black.

Exhaust I may order later, but the price is $1200 for the cat-back and should be ready in the next few weeks.

When asked about power he said the Intake will net at least 12 peak whp on a mustang dyno. The exhaust will net 22 peak hp. BUT the combined gain will NOT be the 2 added up at 34, but probably around 22whp. Now you may be wondering why should you get an intake if it isn't going to net any more peak whp. The answer is simple. The two mods combined will yield more power throughout the rpm range than with just one modification which as we all know is where the speed really comes into play. I'll will dyno my car before and after the intake is installed on a dynojet for reference as I know everyone will want to see an unbiased result.
Old 01-11-06, 10:05 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I visited Luxury MotorWorks back in December to inquire about their exhaust. At that time, I was quoted $1100.00 MSRP. Full stainless system from the cat back, two resonators, two mufflers, and an "X" pipe connection some where in there. I asked if it will fit the 250's, the technician said he was 90% sure that it would.
Old 01-11-06, 10:44 AM
QikSilvr
Driver

Just received an email from Steve.
They are no longer a ClubLexus vendor so I guess a group buy is out huh?

Sure would like to see some pics and sound........
Old 01-11-06, 11:50 AM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by caymandive
I just called and talked to Steve and ordered a black intake. Cost is $225+shipping. You can also get polished, but I prefer a more OEM look and got the black.

Exhaust I may order later, but the price is $1200 for the cat-back and should be ready in the next few weeks.

When asked about power he said the Intake will net at least 12 peak whp on a mustang dyno. The exhaust will net 22 peak hp. BUT the combined gain will NOT be the 2 added up at 34, but probably around 22whp. Now you may be wondering why should you get an intake if it isn't going to net any more peak whp. The answer is simple. The two mods combined will yield more power throughout the rpm range than with just one modification which as we all know is where the speed really comes into play. I'll will dyno my car before and after the intake is installed on a dynojet for reference as I know everyone will want to see an unbiased result.
but if you get the intake and exhaust dont you void whole lot more warranty then just gettting the exhaust?
Old 01-11-06, 12:03 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NINEZeRO
but if you get the intake and exhaust dont you void whole lot more warranty then just gettting the exhaust?
No, unless you own a Mitsubishi like I used to (EVO) an intake and catback exhaust will not void any warranty except they will not warranty the aftermarket part that replaced the stock parts. If anyone is worried and comes into problems it is very easy to swap the stock airbox back on, but I honestly have never seen a car have problems due to just an intake/catback. Pretty much anything beyond this such as messing with the cats, Forced Induction, ECU management, etc will def be a different story.
Old 01-11-06, 01:26 PM
JimRHIT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by QikSilvr
Just received an email from Steve.
They are no longer a ClubLexus vendor so I guess a group buy is out huh?
I don't see why we couldn't just set up a GB. Does it matter if they are not vendors. I mean .. if enough people are interested, I am sure we could set up something where 5 people meet there on a Saturday for a discounted install/Group Buy/Dyno day
Old 01-11-06, 01:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by JimRHIT
I don't see why we couldn't just set up a GB. Does it matter if they are not vendors. I mean .. if enough people are interested, I am sure we could set up something where 5 people meet there on a Saturday for a discounted install/Group Buy/Dyno day
all GB has to be approved and carried out only by clublexus vendors here. so unless that's the case, any groupbuy related information will be removed unfortunately.

so unless there are any changes, please don't continue discusions on that topic. thanks
Old 01-11-06, 03:43 PM
TheKos
Driver School Candidate

I'd like to see a before & after dyno with exhaust and one immediately after with the intake added. If the area under the curve with the intake added is significantly higher than with just the exhaust, it doesn't matter if peak HP doesn't go up much. Then again, the stock airbox looks like it is pretty well designed, so the gains from an intake might not be much more than a K&N drop in filter.

Anything close to 20WHP from just an exhaust is amazing -- but from looking at an under car picture of the stock exhaust, it looked pretty restrictive.

Now...where are the High flow cats?
Old 01-11-06, 05:13 PM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheKos
I'd like to see a before & after dyno with exhaust and one immediately after with the intake added. If the area under the curve with the intake added is significantly higher than with just the exhaust, it doesn't matter if peak HP doesn't go up much. Then again, the stock airbox looks like it is pretty well designed, so the gains from an intake might not be much more than a K&N drop in filter.

Anything close to 20WHP from just an exhaust is amazing -- but from looking at an under car picture of the stock exhaust, it looked pretty restrictive.

Now...where are the High flow cats?
If i were you i wouldnt mess with the cats, this being a non-turbo car
it's possible to lose low end power while gaining top end.. Which is not
what i imagine we'd want, since our IS350'S don't seem to be the kinda of
car you want to take up to 150mph,, (maybe on a perfect straightaway)

Quick Reply: LMS performance parts almost ready for the IS350