IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

The IS had a busy day today

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-06, 11:50 AM
RoRo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckb
nice RoRo-I smell an eleven second IS brewing. you'll be sick of twelves in no time.

All in due time. I plan on really beefing up the internals first and then putting a much smaller pulley on this and going crazy with the boost. I might even look into making it dual charged, turbo and supercharged. I also have a nitrous kit sitting around doing nothing which might come into play in the future.
Old 06-21-06, 11:53 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

ok, for the second time, when are you going to dyno using SAE. all your dynos so far have been too high.
Old 06-21-06, 11:57 AM
pinoychris
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 2 Posts

Aren't those strut bars, not sway bars?
Old 06-21-06, 11:58 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by uschardcor
ok, for the second time, when are you going to dyno using SAE. all your dynos so far have been too high.
who cares about dyno #'s when he has real quater mile times?
Old 06-21-06, 12:25 PM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

because 1/4 mile != hp? with his weight removal his track numbers are not indicative to engine peformance statistics

and pinoychris is right i believe
Old 06-21-06, 12:28 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

because 1/4 mile != hp? with his weight removal his track numbers are not indicative to engine peformance statistics

and pinoychris is right i believe
Yeah some good dyno charts would be nice to see in SAE.
Old 06-21-06, 12:38 PM
yellowssm
Lead Lap

Nice ride. Cant wait to see the new dyno/quarter mile numbers.
Old 06-21-06, 12:46 PM
syn1313
Rookie

that's all i can say
Old 06-21-06, 01:08 PM
RoRo
Driver

I don't understand the difference in dyno #'s between SAE or whatever. It's not my dyno, I take it to the same shop and ask them to do the dyno. Those are the dyno printouts that they gave me that I posted, and I didn't ask for any others.
Old 06-21-06, 02:07 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

SAE works both ways. He could actually have a higher rating (testing condition dependent) with the SAE adjustment.

Besides his numbers don't look out of line with the other dyno plots that I've seen.
Old 06-22-06, 10:05 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

his base is inflated by about 10 hp. SAE works both ways yes but JDM cars are also notorious for taking hits when SAE is used. the TL took a 17+ hp hit when sae came out...SAE isn't a big deal to american cars, typically not a big change. with anything from japan though it should be done.

RoRo, to answer your question...even if its not yoru dyno. who's dynoing it should use SAE now that it is the standard, and on japanese cars, as i just said, usually drops the HP. the 350 stock should be in the 250 VERY low 260 range if ur lucky.
Old 06-22-06, 10:28 AM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

his base is inflated by about 10 hp. SAE works both ways yes but JDM cars are also notorious for taking hits when SAE is used. the TL took a 17+ hp hit when sae came out...SAE isn't a big deal to american cars, typically not a big change. with anything from japan though it should be done.

RoRo, to answer your question...even if its not yoru dyno. who's dynoing it should use SAE now that it is the standard, and on japanese cars, as i just said, usually drops the HP. the 350 stock should be in the 250 VERY low 260 range if ur lucky.
Well, here's a link to someone testing the JoeZ pipe who dyno'd stock at 265. http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=283691

RoRo also has a custom exhaust IIRC. His bhp figure is about what it should be.
Old 06-22-06, 11:20 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Think you may be getting a couple of things confused... Aftermarket chassis dynos that measure RWHP are a different than the new SAE standard you are referring to (SAE J2723) in the TL example you cite. That testing for the new SAE certification process is used on engine dynos by manufacturers for certification of claimed HP, not a chassis dyno like we're looking at here.

The SAE correction you see on chassis dynos will also have an impact but is not at all the same testing procedure you're referring to above on the TL. If you have dynojet runviewer and the source files, you can turn the SAE filter on and off... on mine its made +/- a 4hp difference at most for max.
Old 06-25-06, 06:52 AM
Fikse
Rookie

any update on your car? new dyno or drag strip numbers?
Old 06-26-06, 04:18 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RoRo
Yeah, Steve at LMS gave me a few bottles and showed me how I drain the oil from the supercharger and refill it. Here is the picture of the supercharger I said I would take earlier:

The latest power/weight ratio is:

3259/277.12 = 11.760

. The car pulls very nicely and lights up the rear tires if you get on it hard. I can't wait to get it to the drag strip and see what #'s it will put up. I should have another dyno by the end of the week. I'm not expecting a huge HP gain since it's running such low boost now.
Man thats really tucked in there. You would never know what was lurking in there. Awsume Is your IS the first IS350 S/C done?
Did you go ahead and have the compression lowered for for future boosting? I f so, I'm sure your new HP #'s will be really ow w/ the %lbs boost.

Quick Reply: The IS had a busy day today